New Mika blog (By him!!!)

sariflor

Not to mention that I wanted a Bodies Without Organs CD, but couldn't find it here in Canada. So I asked my grandparents in England to see if they could check if it was sold there. Well, my aunt know someone who is Swedish. So it looks like a BWO CD will be sent from Sweden to England and from England to me in Canada:)

Mika has a good taste in music doesn't he?

Haha that's a lot of effort to get their CD! :roftl:

Mika does have pretty good taste in music, IMHO. He should share what he's into more often, help us expand our horizons. :punk:

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha that's a lot of effort to get their CD! :roftl:

Mika does have pretty good taste in music, IMHO. He should share what he's into more often, help us expand our horizons. :punk:

Mika can continue to share and so can the rest of you lot. There's a whole world of music out there and I've been like an ostrich with my head in the sand (not that they really do that, but you know the phrase). Now I'm like a kid in the front of a candy shop, not knowing what to choose, but also not knowing that there is a gigantic back room out the back with a million more possibilities I've never even heard of. I get educated on a fairly frequent basis around this place and my horizons are expanding slowly but surely. But Mika started it all for me.:wub2:

Mika can continue to share and so can the rest of you lot. There's a whole world of music out there and I've been like an ostrich with my head in the sand (not that they really do that, but you know the phrase). Now I'm like a kid in the front of a candy shop, not knowing what to choose, but also not knowing that there is a gigantic back room out the back with a million more possibilities I've never even heard of. I get educated on a fairly frequent basis around this place and my horizons are expanding slowly but surely. But Mika started it all for me.:wub2:

Wow, that's big!:thumb_yello:

But don't we all have a time in our life when we are so occupied with motherhood, work and things like that and pushing our pleasures away for some time?

Let's just hope we take them back like you did!:wink2:

Do you really think he would pick any of US, no matter how good our skills are? :mf_rosetinted:

Definitely. By top of the century :lmfao:

I wonder what he actually could do to make us ALL happy?:naughty:

Hereee, meee, I knooowww! He could just sing. Works for me. Anytime.

So it's just a matter of waiting and hanging around then?

Pick me Mika.:ap_rosetinted:

I'm sure he doesn't just want to be surrounded by yes men, does he?

Wouldn't it be nice to have everything nodded through? No more 'just ok's :bleh:

LOL, if he is still sort of sane, which I suppose he is, the last thing he'd do is having die hard fans bumble about his concept. :naughty:

I wonder where that idea, he might want people from this forum work with him, comes from. However hard I try, I can't read such a thing into his marvellous blog.

I have decided to redesign my website and change the way that I've been approaching what I do online. From the very beginning, I always wanted a website that not only represented me, my music and my visual world but something that could take on a life of its own. I never really had a chance to make this happen the way that I wanted it to. SO... I have formed a small team, and together with them, I am going to write about what I'm up to on a regular basis. Posting things that we love from around the world as well as creating new art, cartoon strips, short films and loads more.

Sounds to me like he has set a few people or a company at the redesign or more the further development of his website(s), which I think is great. I was brimmed over with enthusiasm for the realisation of his mikasounds page from the beginning. I just think it was a mistake to let it lie idle for so long instead of making use of its enormous potential, so I'm quite anxious to see what they are about now :original: (...and when :mf_rosetinted:)

Ahhh, so here it is...

We are going to start building the new site really soon and we will be looking for your help. So keep your eyes peeled for how you can get involved.

Now this is mere speculation, of course, but I reckon this might be more about competitions and less about being part of a team.

Dumdidum.... *walks out*

I agree, it's probably about competitions for designing something, or photos or something. Great if you're artistic. I'm just not.

And I can't imagine he would want something as uncontrollable as FANS working with him.:naughty:

Mind you a lot of them would just agree with anything he said, and reply

Yes Mika, I love you Mika. :naughty:

Now this is mere speculation, of course, but I reckon this might be more about competitions and less about being part of a team. Dumdidum.... *walks out*

The current Mikasounds site has an email address for fans to send in photos. I assume that nowadays, messages sent to that address go off into the ether.

So I'm thinking that Mika might be hinting at something like that; asking fans for content along those lines.

Sigh. Reading his blog post, I can just imagine a bubbly, excited Mika bouncing up and down thinking about all the cool things he could do with his online presence. And it could be so, so good if executed properly. I just don't know if he'll be able to see it through to completion, and if he does, I don't know if he'll be able to keep it updated.

Given how broken and outdated Mikasounds has gotten, he doesn't exactly have a history of maintaining a very polished online presence. And considering that people in his monkey sphere now own MFC, that makes me a bit nervous.

But time will tell. Maybe he'll be able to get things right this time, now that he's "less broke". :bleh:

The current Mikasounds site has an email address for fans to send in photos. I assume that nowadays, messages sent to that address go off into the ether.

So I'm thinking that Mika might be hinting at something like that; asking fans for content along those lines.

Sigh. Reading his blog post, I can just imagine a bubbly, excited Mika bouncing up and down thinking about all the cool things he could do with his online presence. And it could be so, so good if executed properly. I just don't know if he'll be able to see it through to completion, and if he does, I don't know if he'll be able to keep it updated.

Given how broken and outdated Mikasounds has gotten, he doesn't exactly have a history of maintaining a very polished online presence. And considering that people in his monkey sphere now own MFC, that makes me a bit nervous.

But time will tell. Maybe he'll be able to get things right this time, now that he's "less broke". :bleh:

Well he can't "break" us! We are what keeps this forum going! :insane:

And if he thinks I'm already broken I don't want to be mended thanks. :naughty:

So it's just a matter of waiting and hanging around then?

Pick me Mika.:ap_rosetinted:

I'm sure he doesn't just want to be surrounded by yes men, does he?

My problem is not being a yes man/woman/person, whatever.

Anytime I've spoken to him, I keep picking holes in what he's saying, not in a nasty way though, and I guess he respects that, that I'm not sycophantic. I hope he knows that totally respect him, even if I don't seem to come across that I do.

I did check out the Tegan and Sarah myspace page, and listened to all the songs , and I must say I prefer And You Are Ten Years Ago, which is now my profile song and The Con.

Now this is mere speculation, of course, but I reckon this might be more about competitions and less about being part of a team.

Dumdidum.... *walks out*

Sounds good to me, I wouldn’t be happy if someone, read Mika, was expecting me to do any work for him!:roftl:

I agree, it's probably about competitions for designing something, or photos or something. Great if you're artistic. I'm just not.

And I can't imagine he would want something as uncontrollable as FANS working with him.:naughty:

Mind you a lot of them would just agree with anything he said, and reply

Yes Mika, I love you Mika. :naughty:

Please don’t underestimate us, his fans!

I refuse to sit on that bench.:wink2:

We’re here; we’re fans, we're proud, get use to it!:thumb_yello:

And btw he wouldn’t be anything without us!:naughty:

He better!

I can't see the problem. We are talking about a young person who says himself he's an internet addict, he obviously has the skills, you can get a connection almost everywhere in the world, and let's not forget I don't think he would be where he is today without the internet.

Maybe lack of time is the problem?

He should absolutely take some help from a friend or a really interested person to make himself a good webbsite where his fans and other intrested people can go for information and where he could interact with people.

The more or less dead or at least deeply sleeping pages he have had so far doesn't do him good publicity.

Have you seen http://mikasounds.com.au/? That hasn't been updated since Grace Kelly was released. It's surprising he did so well in Australia with so little promotion. :boxed:

I didn't even know it existed, i thought you'd made the link up :roftl:

Btw, am I the only one wondering why he has so many websites? (en, us and aus versions)

What's a monkey sphere??

Have you seen http://mikasounds.com.au/? That hasn't been updated since Grace Kelly was released. It's surprising he did so well in Australia with so little promotion. :boxed:

Never seen it before!:shocked:

I didn't even know it existed, i thought you'd made the link up :roftl:

Btw, am I the only one wondering why he has so many websites? (en, us and aus versions)

I thought she was making it up too!

Sounds good to me, I wouldn’t be happy if someone, read Mika, was expecting me to do any work for him!:roftl:

Hehe, if he/his team are clever they can have fans do a lot of work for them without even making them realise what's going on...

:fisch: ....competitions of the right sort... :fisch:

I have decided to redesign my website and change the way that I've been approaching what I do online. From the very beginning, I always wanted a website that not only represented me, my music and my visual world but something that could take on a life of its own. I never really had a chance to make this happen the way that I wanted it to. SO... I have formed a small team, and together with them, I am going to write about what I'm up to on a regular basis. Posting things that we love from around the world as well as creating new art, cartoon strips, short films and loads more.

a bientot,

Mxx

You can't but adore this boy:blush-anim-cl:

:wink2:

Isn't he just adorable :biggrin2: I love his sillyness and I DO want to know what he eats for breakfast (gotta make sure he is eating healthy you know :bleh: ).

OOooo yeeey we got a new piccy up there (just noticed) my excuse...i was at The Royal Albert Hall yesterday with Bumblebee_Vix to see Idina Menzel, Kerry Ellis, Josh Groban, Marty Pellow, Adam Pasque (cant remember his name properly) and lots of others in "Chess" in concert, so I was distracted and the show was awesome and Vix met her heroine Idina Menzel and she was lovely and sweet to the fans (like Mika is :)) but she got mobbed cos no organization of the crowd really.

I have to say I have never seen Josh sing before but I was blown away by his voice...boy can he sing and there were lots of mad American fans of his there (reminded me of us lol) cos they have a similar fan club and set up where they all meet up from all over n go to his gigs and wear yellow roses (like our MFC hearts) and he knows about them etc etc awww lol.

I love JG! I use to only listen to his music b4 Mika....wasn't as "obsessed" though. I just have his CDs and a DVD.

Point proven: it's so badly managed that no one even knew it exists. :ap_rosetinted:

Whoa, add me to the list of MFCers who had no idea an Australian Mikasounds existed! :shocked: I'm surprised he didn't do an official tour there considering they went to the trouble of building an Aussie webpage.

Whoa, add me to the list of MFCers who had no idea an Australian Mikasounds existed! :shocked: I'm surprised he didn't do an official tour there considering they went to the trouble of building an Aussie webpage.

To be truthful, it always annoyed me that even though I would put in that I was from Australia, it only ever gave me the option to look at the uk or us sites. Grrr!

He better!

I can't see the problem. We are talking about a young person who says himself he's an internet addict, he obviously has the skills, you can get a connection almost everywhere in the world, and let's not forget I don't think he would be where he is today without the internet.

Maybe lack of time is the problem?

He should absolutely take some help from a friend or a really interested person to make himself a good webbsite where his fans and other intrested people can go for information and where he could interact with people.

The more or less dead or at least deeply sleeping pages he have had so far doesn't do him good publicity.

Mika has some understanding of the Internet, obviously, but he's not an expert. That's not his job.

What he needs to make all his big plans into reality is someone, most likely an agency, with a solid understanding of online communications and social networking.

In a perfect world, he'd sit down with these people and discuss exactly what he wants and they'd let him know how to make it happen.

In his blog, he references wanting to write what he's up to on a regular basis, as well as including other content like art and short films. Okay, fine. Does he want to be directly involved in the ongoing updates to his site? For example, does he want to be able to update the blog/photos portion of his site himself when he's got 45 minutes to kill in some airport departure lounge? If so, he's going to need a site that's got some sort of content management with a fairly user-friendly graphical interface.

Or, maybe he wants an agency to handle everything to do with his website for him. Okay - what are their policies? Should he send his blogs in the body of an email, and they'll post them for him? What about video? Do they have an FTP site that he (or the animators he works with) can upload content to? Will the agency update the site proactively, say, when new tour dates are announced? Or will he need to specifically request each update? When he does make a request, does the agency indicate how long they'll take to carry out his request?

Mika needs to work with people who understand and appreciate his passion for the visual aspect of his site (and his apparent love affair with Flash). But they also need to be able to give him direction in terms of functionality and navigation, as well as types of content and means of keeping it current. But something tells me that Mika's the kind of guy who gets swept away by what any particular agency can do visually, and as a result he lets content and functionality fall by the wayside.

Of course, for all we know, Mika and his "small team" might already be covering these bases. But, we shall see.

</rant>

Wow. I also had no idea that existed. His online stuff is so nice to look at, but so broken and outdated. And that's such a shame.

For the record, if you go to Mikasounds.com, click on "International" and then click on the Canadian flag, you get taken to the page for Belgium. :blink:

What's a monkey sphere??

http://www.cracked.com/article_14990_what-monkeysphere.html

For the record, if you go to Mikasounds.com, click on "International" and then click on the Canadian flag, you get taken to the page for Belgium. :blink:

And when you click on the Belgian link, it says the page no longer exists :naughty: