kitty needs help

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry to hear that. Do you have anyone in RL you can talk to?

I mean, I could give you all the platitudes etc but depression is tough to deal with, there's no doubt about it.

The main thing is to keep talking to people, I think.

I've tried to read loads of books on the subject, but for me it always just comes down to riding it out, until I feel a bit better.

I must admit this forum does help, there are lots of like minded people on here and always someone to chat to, or make you laugh a little.

If you are self harming though, you need to get professional help I would say.

Have you done this and if not, how would you feel about seeking help?

I'm sorry to hear this. I certainly agree that you might want to seek professional help because what we've got to offer might not be enough. I'd also like to add that everything works out in the end, and that some things in life are not meant to be taken too seriously. Just think that in a few years back you'll be looking back at your problems and wondering why you made such a big deal. Just try to take things lightly. And give yourself a chance, don't be too hard on yourself. Whatever it is that's bothering you I'm sure it'll be okay. Everyone gets what they deserve in the end.

I hope things work out for you :o

Be careful of sites, my friends daughter got worse by going on sites, it ended up like some kind of competition where they would take photos of thier wounds and scars like trophies, she stopped slef harming when she got a girlfriend and now she is left with terrible scars....so just a warning...be very careful, and if it looks like they encourage it then try a different one.

Be careful of sites, my friends daughter got worse by going on sites, it ended up like some kind of competition where they would take photos of thier wounds and scars like trophies, she stopped slef harming when she got a girlfriend and now she is left with terrible scars....so just a warning...be very careful, and if it looks like they encourage it then try a different one.
That's right. But I know a few from this site, they are quite experienced and wise. And I know there are mods around. But be careful anyway Kitty:wink2:

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. I wished I could help you, last year my bf had a similair problem. She didn' tell anyone except me, we talked a lot and it helped. Is there somebody in real life you can talk to? a friend or something? Talking really helps.

And maybe this sounds really stupid but this is something that can help (my bf did this):

make a box (a shoe box or sth) and decorate it with nice pictures (mika, flowers, your best friends,...) and everytime that there happens a positive thing you write it on a letter and put it in the box (this can be anything: you heard mika on the radio, you ate your favourite food, ...). When you're sad you open the box and read it. I know that it sounds stupid but for some people this helps.

Take care! :huglove:

If you need to talk, just ask :wink2:

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. I wished I could help you, last year my bf had a similair problem. She didn' tell anyone except me, we talked a lot and it helped. Is there somebody in real life you can talk to? a friend or something? Talking really helps.

And maybe this sounds really stupid but this is something that can help (my bf did this):

make a box (a shoe box or sth) and decorate it with nice pictures (mika, flowers, your best friends,...) and everytime that there happens a positive thing you write it on a letter and put it in the box (this can be anything: you heard mika on the radio, you ate your favourite food, ...). When you're sad you open the box and read it. I know that it sounds stupid but for some people this helps.

What a nice idea. Worth a try?

Great idea! :thumb_yello:

Would you be willing to try that Kitty?

i dont realy want to tell my friends. im looked on as the person who solves evaryone elses problems for them. i dont wanna look weak infront of them, it might stop them wantin to be my friend.and celien thats a realy awsome idea. but what if my mom found the box?

I'm sad for you to hear this too Kitty .... & GOOD ON YOU for reaching out !!:wub2:

I think Celien's box idea is great .... (gonna start one myself ... :wink2::biggrin2:) .... & IF your mum finds the box ..... she will only find POSITIVE things !! :huglove:

I'm sad for you to hear this too Kitty .... & GOOD ON YOU for reaching out !!:wub2:

I think Celien's box idea is great .... (gonna start one myself ... :wink2::biggrin2:) .... & IF your mum finds the box ..... she will only find POSITIVE things !! :huglove:

yes but she will know somethings up. she has seen the scrathches and cuts on my arm( i told her it was the cat) but she is still noseing about. brings it into the convosation whenever possable

yes but she will know somethings up. she has seen the scrathches and cuts on my arm( i told her it was the cat) but she is still noseing about. brings it into the convosation whenever possable

Hhhhhmmm .... well, I am a mama too ... my daughter is 23 now ... :wub2: .... & about 5 years ago , I had an HORRIFIC dream about her cutting herself .... it scared me so much that I had to tell her about the dream ... she was NOT cutting herself .... BUT we had a great chat about this sort of thing ... she sometimes gets depressed too, as I have .... & I dunno if you feel like you can talk to your mum ... ( sounds like you don't feel you can ) ... but if she is bringing it into conversation whenever possible ... she is obviously concerned ... :wub2:

In Australia, we have a phone line we can call, called LifeLine ... where you can talk to trained counsellors & ask questions ... they are very kind & understanding .... it is all free ... & they give you as much time as you need .... it is anonymous & they never ask for your personal details ... is there a phoneline you can call like that in England ?? :wub2:

Hhhhhmmm .... well, I am a mama too ... my daughter is 23 now ... :wub2: .... & about 5 years ago , I had an HORRIFIC dream about her cutting herself .... it scared me so much that I had to tell her about the dream ... she was NOT cutting herself .... BUT we had a great chat about this sort of thing ... she sometimes gets depressed too, as I have .... & I dunno if you feel like you can talk to your mum ... ( sounds like you don't feel you can ) ... but if she is bringing it into conversation whenever possible ... she is obviously concerned ... :wub2:

In Australia, we have a phone line we can call, called LifeLine ... where you can talk to trained counsellors & ask questions ... they are very kind & understanding .... it is all free ... & they give you as much time as you need .... it is anonymous & they never ask for your personal details ... is there a phoneline you can call like that in England ?? :wub2:

we have a thing called child line. but tats connected to social serveses and i wouldnt touch them as far as i could throw them.

it's not that i wouldnt tell my mom. but she has other problems to contend with. my brotheres are severly autistic. one acts younger for his age and the other wont look at people in the eye. she is worryed about them so i dont want her upset even more

i dont realy want to tell my friends. im looked on as the person who solves evaryone elses problems for them. i dont wanna look weak infront of them, it might stop them wantin to be my friend.and celien thats a realy awsome idea. but what if my mom found the box?

Like happikali says: IF she finds the box, she'll only find POSITIVE things! But is there not a place where you can hide it? And if you write PRIVATE on it? I mean, my mother wouldn't look in it than, but I don't know how your mother is of course ... :s. But I don't think that the box means that there's somethings up, it's just a box with good memories...

Like happikali says: IF she finds the box, she'll only find POSITIVE things! But is there not a place where you can hide it? And if you write PRIVATE on it? I mean, my mother wouldn't look in it than, but I don't know how your mother is of course ... :s. But I don't think that the box means that there's somethings up, it's just a box with good memories...

if my mom thinks there is something up she would look in evary available place to find how to solve it. my rom is normal. if she found a box with happy stuff in she would wanna know why

hey hun, this is quite serious and i understand if you dont want anyone to know about it... well chatting on the forums could be a good idea because we dont know you in person.

I just wouldnt want you to harm yourself or resort to drugs etc... you can find a way through this, and il help in any way

PM me if you want:wink2:

hey hun, this is quite serious and i understand if you dont want anyone to know about it... well chatting on the forums could be a good idea because we dont know you in person.

I just wouldnt want you to harm yourself or resort to drugs etc... you can find a way through this, and il help in any way

PM me if you want:wink2:

ah i would never do drugs. i am self harming if you saw the start of the thred. and thanks

if my mom thinks there is something up she would look in evary available place to find how to solve it. my rom is normal. if she found a box with happy stuff in she would wanna know why

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that... The box was just an idea...

I think talking here on the forum is a good idea :) you don't know us personal so the step to talk to us is of course smaller...

aww I'm sorry to hear that

It sounds like you must be going through a difficult time to wanna self harm, I myself have been through an incredibly dificult life & still suffer depression & have been suicidal if you feel you wanna chat to someone then pm me I'm always here for anyone having a difficult time to chat to if you wanna

& btw my dad suffers a form of autism known as asperger syndrome which is difficult to deal with believe me!