kitty needs help

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. I wished I could help you, last year my bf had a similair problem. She didn' tell anyone except me, we talked a lot and it helped. Is there somebody in real life you can talk to? a friend or something? Talking really helps.

And maybe this sounds really stupid but this is something that can help (my bf did this):

make a box (a shoe box or sth) and decorate it with nice pictures (mika, flowers, your best friends,...) and everytime that there happens a positive thing you write it on a letter and put it in the box (this can be anything: you heard mika on the radio, you ate your favourite food, ...). When you're sad you open the box and read it. I know that it sounds stupid but for some people this helps.

That's a really good idea - i wish i'd had something like that when i went through a bad patch.

Do you have a Connexions worker in your school? Most schools have one - you can go and talk to them about anything, and its confidential. They're not Psychiatrists or anything like that - they're just people who you can talk to and who can offer you support - they wont tell your parents unless you say something that worries them.

Talking to them eased my problems and they put me on the right track. it might be worth seeing if there is an office in your area?

I hope you're ok.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

aww I'm sorry to hear that

It sounds like you must be going through a difficult time to wanna self harm, I myself have been through an incredibly dificult life & still suffer depression & have been suicidal if you feel you wanna chat to someone then pm me I'm always here for anyone having a difficult time to chat to if you wanna

& btw my dad suffers a form of autism known as asperger syndrome which is difficult to deal with believe me!

thats what my brothers have.

i have been suicidal since last year when something happened. but i have only realy been self harming for 3 mounths

we have a thing called child line. but tats connected to social serveses and i wouldnt touch them as far as i could throw them.

it's not that i wouldnt tell my mom. but she has other problems to contend with. my brotheres are severly autistic. one acts younger for his age and the other wont look at people in the eye. she is worryed about them so i dont want her upset even more

Well hun , that is sad about your brothers ... & also for your mum to have so much stress ..... HOWEVER .... YOU are in need too ... & it would surely only cause more anxiety for her feeling suspicious ... rather than knowing & having each others shoulder to cry on ... :wub2: .... you could be strong for each other .... but I also know that sometimes ... it all gets 'too much' ... & as you are a youngling ... you too need some of the attention that your mum HAS to give to your brothers .....

if my mom thinks there is something up she would look in evary available place to find how to solve it. my rom is normal. if she found a box with happy stuff in she would wanna know why

Hhhhmm ... well maybe then ... if she asks ... you could say that you are trying to help yourself in a positive way, that you don't want to 'bother' her & that you are also needing some hugs aswell .... I don't know hun ... but, since you have reached out here .... it's clear that you are trying to find some answers ... & above all ... relief . :huglove:

thats what my brothers have.

i have been suicidal since last year when something happened. but i have only realy been self harming for 3 mounths

well if you feel you need to chat to someone as I say i'm here anytime

I did once try to self harm when I was 14 & a half I went through a lot of difficult things in a short space of time & had no one I could turn to so I kinda know what you may be feeling

Well hun , that is sad about your brothers ... & also for your mum to have so much stress ..... HOWEVER .... YOU are in need too ... & it would surely only cause more anxiety for her feeling suspicious ... rather than knowing & having each others shoulder to cry on ... :wub2: .... you could be strong for each other .... but I also know that sometimes ... it all gets 'too much' ... & as you are a youngling ... you too need some of the attention that your mum HAS to give to your brothers .....

Hhhhmm ... well maybe then ... if she asks ... you could say that you are trying to help yourself in a positive way, that you don't want to 'bother' her & that you are also needing some hugs aswell .... I don't know hun ... but, since you have reached out here .... it's clear that you are trying to find some answers ... & above all ... relief . :huglove:

so much has happened since last year. i just dont know anymore

well if you feel you need to chat to someone as I say i'm here anytime

I did once try to self harm when I was 14 & a half I went through a lot of difficult things in a short space of time & had no one I could turn to so I kinda know what you may be feeling

it's a isious circe. i cut coz im upset. then i get upset coz i feel week so i cut more

hmm I know exactly what you mean it is a difficult viscious circle & can be hard to get out of, you know what I found helped me was to sing songs that described my pain & what I was going through & to use 'interpretative dance' to 'act' out the way I felt & how I felt the song fitted into what I was going through, the songs that helped me were from darren hayes' album the tension & the spark, the songs darkness, unlovable & I forgive you were one'

s I really identified with.

try hitting & or biting a pillow or something to try & vent your anger or frustrations or whatever & then listen to cheery songs that lift you up & make you wanna dance along or watch a funny video or dvd or something, another idea to cheer yourself up when down is to put up pictures of whoever you like (Mika for example) smiling the more smily pictures the more it'll help make you feel better it works for me

hmm I know exactly what you mean it is a difficult viscious circle & can be hard to get out of, you know what I found helped me was to sing songs that described my pain & what I was going through & to use 'interpretative dance' to 'act' out the way I felt & how I felt the song fitted into what I was going through, the songs that helped me were from darren hayes' album the tension & the spark, the songs darkness, unlovable & I forgive you were one'

s I really identified with.

try hitting & or biting a pillow or something to try & vent your anger or frustrations or whatever & then listen to cheery songs that lift you up & make you wanna dance along or watch a funny video or dvd or something, another idea to cheer yourself up when down is to put up pictures of whoever you like (Mika for example) smiling the more smily pictures the more it'll help make you feel better it works for me

i have lots of mika pictures. i have been trying to draw how i feel but whenever i see what i draw i get upset

awww.. sweetie.. what's wrong? :no: *hugs*

You know i was really depressed when Heath died.. about a week.. i cried often and didn't want to do anything.. but then i just started to listen a music and went back here. Started to think about my lovely friends and family around..

i find it comforting that u are talking about it, even if only here on mfc. i didn't talk about it at all. it wasn't that serious with me though, i just had a bad time, 5 or 6 years ago and i guess physical pain was easier for me to deal with. i stopped when my friends and my sister noticed my scars. i felt ashamed that people could see that i have problems and not everything is perfect.

anyway, i understand that u don't want to worry your mum but i think that she's worried already. not knowing what's going on is sometimes harder than facing the truth. it's great that she tries to talk to you, maybe you should give it a try?

I was just popping in to see how you are this morning.

Lots of people have replied.

You know what that means?

It means that people care, even if they don't really know you.

It means that a lot of people have or have had problems themselves and understand.

It means that we want to help if we can.

You aren't on your own, please know that.

Now, if we all feel like that, your mum probably does too.

She's obviously concerned as she keeps trying to make conversation with you.

I agree with agnieszka about your mum, you're worring about giving her another burden if you talk it over with her?

I would bet that if she was aware of how you were feeling, it would be less of a burden rather than more, because if she is aware, she can try to help. If she kind of knows something is wrong, but not what, that's more of a worry.

I really want to give you a big hug, but you wouldn't like it, I bet. :wink2:

Celien, I think your idea about the box was really great so what if you try a box with a lock on it? That way your mom won't be able to open it.. and if she asks about it you could say it is sort of a diary, a lot of people have a diary so that might not worry her.. ?

Anyway, I hope you find a way to feel better soon and you can pm me anytime!:flowers2:

Yes, I agree, it is good that you are talking about it.

Now I don't know the details of what's been going on in your life recently(or over the past year as you said), but I imagine that you might be feeling overwhelmed, or perhaps trapped and in need of relief... how are you feeling exactly?(PM me if you like.)

Also, something about the "positive" box idea:

A scrapbook typically contains happy things and fond memories, so if you put your "positive" things in a scrapbook, it might not seem odd or out of place to anyone who might see it. And it could be fun to do a little scrapbooking project... just a thought. :wink2:

Also, something about the "positive" box idea:

A scrapbook typically contains happy things and fond memories, so if you put your "positive" things in a scrapbook, it might not seem odd or out of place to anyone who might see it. And it could be fun to do a little scrapbooking project... just a thought. :wink2:

thats a great idea:thumb_yello:

thanks guys.

my mom kinda just made it worce

im christian and worship at 2 churches. one is old fashion and the other is more modern

now my mom says i cant go to the modern one coz it dont count

ask her if you can stay there even tho she thinks it 'doesnt count'

That really sucks, can't you go secretly? or is that a very bad idea.. ?:blush-anim-cl:

hehe dont think htat would be good:naughty:

maybe i dont know your mother so i dont know if its possible but maybe you can convince her that you need and want to go without letting her know that you're going through a bad time