The Australian Thread: Part Thirteen

But I checked them! Before I asked the question i checked jb hifi online!!!!!! *is confuzzled*

Congrats to all of our students who's exams are over. Roll on holidays!!

You may have to have the conversation over in the AMF without me. I never make it over there these days:thumbdown:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[pet rant]

It looks like I'll be spending the day in my room. It looks like it's our rude neighbors daughters birthday and they're always LOUD when it's her birthday with tons of kids over screaming. Although it just started a massive downpour so maybe they'll have to stay inside. First off we don't catch a break from these people because they MUST have more than one dog that they let outside and let bark non-stop and it's those small yippy dogs. Before she had three and the neighbors have actually complained and she had to give up some of them well now she has two and they're doing the same thing. I wish people acted more like us... when our dog was outside our dog would never leave our yard and if she began to bark we'd bring her inside.

People are SO horrible around here with their pets!

-She lets her dogs bark non-stop even when she's OUT there she doesn't tell them to be quiet.

--Then we have neighbors a couple houses down that have built a SMALL fenced in area around their front door and they leave their two poor dogs out there ALL day. The grass in that area isn't mowed and they have part of a small cedar tree or two so there's basically NO protection from the sun.

---Annnnd when we drive down to the end of the road now across the other road someone has a white horse fenced in and NO STABLE FOR IT! That poor thing only has some trees as protection from the weather and the weather is horrible in here! You can go from wet to dry, windy to calm, thundering to quiet from turning on the AC to curling up with blankets in a day here!

I'm so mad at these owners for treating pets like this!

I like dogs even though I'm more of a cat person now (and allergic to them grr.) But when we had a dog she had the life and was never left outside in all sorts of weather... now we have a cat and we don't let her outside because I had a fear she would never return, we have three other cats that wander around here so I don't need her to get injured in a cat fight or injure another cat, and the interstate isn't terribly far away, but she does get taken out on a leash to explore around and she loves it. She's used to her harness that when you pick it up she meows and sticks her head through it for you.

I just wish people here had more common sense and more respect for their animals and the surround people around here.

[/pet rant]

- Our neighbours have yappy dogs too! My mother gets incredibly pissed off and like .. throws buckets of water on them and stuff :roftl: I have a fabulous skill to block out barking, but it still annoys me sometimes, and my dog barking is just embarrassing so I immediately force him to shut up. He has a ridiculously dangerous sounding bark and it scares people :naughty:

-- --- Ahh, I kind of hate people like that. My animals are completely spoilt rotten.

Horses here don't need stables (:naughty: I did a speech on a disease horses get from being in stables), but I guess it's totally different with the snow and stuff

Thanks Chickadee and OKD I didn't plan on making my "mikaversary" anything big anyway... it's only just a year haha... soon it'll be two because I won't have much online time anymore so that year will end up going by fast and I will have wondered where it has gone to.

I know! Holy frick! I think I've been here for 6 months now :shocked: Where did my life go?

OKD - it's your hotseat thingy

It's not my fault you start your days earlier - it's still the 24th here so I'm technically not late

Well it's not our fault you're a day ahead of us. *hmph*

I actually remembered to remind you though, I was just about to, isn't that amazing?

OkD.. Hot Seat [/color][/color]

Thanks guys. :rolls_eyes: Yeah, it's okay, because of the time zone thing the 24th person's one didn't start until it was technically for me the 25th already.

WOOOOOooooOOOOOOOO!!! I AM OFFICIALLY DONE GRADE 10!!!!!!!

I had my last final today...science...I think I'll just never check the result I got on it and live in blissful ignorance for the rest of my life. It was the stupidest, most confusin f*cking exam you have ever ever seen, but I'm DONE. No more obligations! No more waking up before 1 pm! YESSSSSS!

WooooooOOOOoooooO!!!!! Fantastic! How long are your holidays for! I thought you were year 11! Northern Hemisphere school confuses me!

I learned from our mug project that nudging doesn't get things done, you have to yell/slap/bitch/make death threats...

Tell me about it, no ones been doing any of that, and have they seen a lollipop from me? No... :fisch:

I bought Viva la Vida! *huggles it* It's verra pretty. And I paid about ten dollars more than if I'd ordered it off Amazon...but I didn't wanna wait for another week...

I keep seeing the advert for that on TV and thinking "Woahh, this song is awesome, who is this?" And then Coldplay comes up and it says Viva la Vida! And everytime I forget and go through the same "ooooh, who is this!?" So is that a new album then? What's the song on the advert? I really want it, I DEMAND YOU TELL ME WHAT SONG THEY PLAY ON OUR ADVERTISEMENT!

But I checked them! Before I asked the question i checked jb hifi online!!!!!! *is confuzzled*

Haha! Well I googled "relax mika jb hifi" and it came up :P

You may have to have the conversation over in the AMF without me. I never make it over there these days

Me either, but you can still go. *links you* http://aussiemikamites.freeforums.org/mikaustralia-petition-t12-15.html?sid=507e508ae68f875eee38d376ca8a628a

Although there is more enthusiasm here :naughty: Maybe we should keep it in the petition thread here and it doubles as bumping the thread?

WooooooOOOOoooooO!!!!! Fantastic! How long are your holidays for! I thought you were year 11! Northern Hemisphere school confuses me!

I'd be in year 11 were I still in England...I figured it out, it's because they start school a year earlier over there! They start at age 4, whereas here it's 5. So yeah, Canadian grade 10, English/Aussie (?) year 11.

My holidays are from now til the 2nd of September, so a good long while to bum around :naughty:

I keep seeing the advert for that on TV and thinking "Woahh, this song is awesome, who is this?" And then Coldplay comes up and it says Viva la Vida! And everytime I forget and go through the same "ooooh, who is this!?" So is that a new album then? What's the song on the advert? I really want it, I DEMAND YOU TELL ME WHAT SONG THEY PLAY ON OUR ADVERTISEMENT!

Calm down, no need to shout :P...is it the iTunes ad? The song on that one is Viva la Vida, and it's from their new album of the same name...

I'm not sure why it was taken over to AMF. I agree that discussing it in the petition thread helps to keep it bumped. But I might be missing something really obvious....

Oh, can someone tell me... Does AMF have something like MFC on your "subscribed" threads that will take you back to the last post you missed? Cos if it does, I don't know how to do it.

I'm not sure why it was taken over to AMF. I agree that discussing it in the petition thread helps to keep it bumped. But I might be missing something really obvious....

Oh, can someone tell me... Does AMF have something like MFC on your "subscribed" threads that will take you back to the last post you missed? Cos if it does, I don't know how to do it.

It was taken over to the AMF because several people had already replied there. But the more enthusiastic people should feel free to move the discussion back here if they want to.

There is a "see posts since your last visit" link in the top right hand corner.

It was taken over to the AMF because several people had already replied there. But the more enthusiastic people should feel free to move the discussion back here if they want to.

There is a "see posts since your last visit" link in the top right hand corner.

I have used that link, and then it goes to the page listing the threads but is there a little symbol like the arrowy thing here that will actually take me into the thread so I don't have to do the searching? Cos if there is, I don't know what it is. I keep getting to the very last post, not the last post I missed.

I'd be in year 11 were I still in England...I figured it out, it's because they start school a year earlier over there! They start at age 4, whereas here it's 5. So yeah, Canadian grade 10, English/Aussie (?) year 11.

My holidays are from now til the 2nd of September, so a good long while to bum around

:doh: Okay then :bleh:

Calm down, no need to shout :P...is it the iTunes ad? The song on that one is Viva la Vida, and it's from their new album of the same name...

IT CONFUSES ME WHEN PEOPLE NAME THEIR ALBUMS AFTER SONGS IN THE ALBUM! THAT IS EXACTLY THE AD! THANK YOU! *RUNS OFF TO FIND SONG* *SEE'S NEED TO SHOUT*

Okay, good point, I guess to keep it "secret" buuuut what's really the point. And seeing as most of the more regular AMFers are the ones that are in a Mika-off-phase ... it doesn't really make sence we should plan over there.

*officially moves discussion to MFC MIKAustralia thread*

And not that I know of. I tried to find one yesterday :thumbdown:

IT CONFUSES ME WHEN PEOPLE NAME THEIR ALBUMS AFTER SONGS IN THE ALBUM! THAT IS EXACTLY THE AD! THANK YOU! *RUNS OFF TO FIND SONG* *SEE'S NEED TO SHOUT*

*calls security* There's a crazy...she's disturbing the peace...

What confuses me more is when people name their album something, and then put a song of the same name on a different one...:doh:

Okay, good point, I guess to keep it "secret" buuuut what's really the point. And seeing as most of the more regular AMFers are the ones that are in a Mika-off-phase ... it doesn't really make sence we should plan over there.

*officially moves discussion to MFC MIKAustralia thread*

CENTS!! *slap*

I have used that link, and then it goes to the page listing the threads but is there a little symbol like the arrowy thing here that will actually take me into the thread so I don't have to do the searching? Cos if there is, I don't know what it is. I keep getting to the very last post, not the last post I missed.

There is: if you click on the little arrow next to the thread's title (not the one next to "goto" but the one next to the thread's title) it takes you to the last post you missed in that thread since you last logged in (not to be confused with the last read post like on the MFC but the last post made since you last logged in).

:mf_rosetinted: SENSE :mf_rosetinted:

CENTS!! *slap*

:doh::tears:

*calls security* There's a crazy...she's disturbing the peace...

What confuses me more is when people name their album something, and then put a song of the same name on a different one...

:insane: QUICK! SOMEONE CATCH HER!!! :shocked:

WHO WOULD DO SUCH A CONFUSING THING???? :boxed:

There is: if you click on the little arrow next to the thread's title (not the one next to "goto" but the one next to the thread's title) it takes you to the last post you missed in that thread since you last logged in (not to be confused with the last read post like on the MFC but the last post made since you last logged in).

Thankyou! :thumb_yello: *is using firefox too and hope this still works*

That makes no sense. :bleh:

:naughty: I'll elaborate.. It works for about 20 minutes, but then it won't work after that.

Yeah, and I have no life either if I find it amusing to make fun of others who also have no life. We're even. :naughty:

The No Life club?? Count me in!! :thumb_yello:

Hello All !! :biggrin2:

9,000 posts , WOOT !!

:woot_jump:CONGRATULATIONS!! :woot_jump: