The Australian Thread: Part Thirteen

I missed several pages of Aussie thread over the weekend and the pc has been soooo slow I couldn't be bothered going back to read it all... I was going to ask questions about the hot Mika vid, but if you say it's Summer's then I'll presume it's the Sweet Dreams at the Filmore one?

Yes, it is. So nothing new actually *shrug*. I asked Summer a while ago to upload it for me again becaue I didn't know that she had already uploaded the bigger file somewhere else :thumb_yello:

Yes :blink:. These are actually normal CD cases. I've got several of those, e.g. both LICMs, Amy Winehouse & Patsy'y Magic Position :blink:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi MFC,

For those on facebook, friends of Lisa Maree Keem have set up a missing persons alert -http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=21002435212

Lisa went missing in Hervey Bay on Saturday June 13th. Details of her disappearance are on this Facebook page, or at http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/Keem.htm

Please call crime stoppers if you have any information realting to Lisa's disappearance 1800 333 000.

Thanks, sorry for posting this, but if it helps get her back...

I am, I am. I am a massive cheapo, but I DO :wub2 the shiny cases with the pretty booklets :cheerful_h4h

I don't think I own any CDs that I hadn't already downloaded before hand :naughty (except for comedy CDs :roftl)

Did I mention I'm a massive cheapo? PW CDs are really expensive :naughty hence the ebay-searching.

Really? :sneaky2:

Yes, but I totally agree with you and ST - I prefer shiny booklets & cases, too :cheerful_h4h:. I actually never bought music on the internet but I fear I'll have to do it the day Mr Mika releases another album (if that day comes :naughty:). I like seeing the song texts, read through the booklet and enjoy the art work :wub2:. Just downloading a folder with mp3s is in no way comparable to unwrapping a lovely curvy case with a nice man on it :cheerful_h4h::das::lmfao:.

Yes. These are actually normal CD cases. I've got several of those, e.g. both LICMs, Amy Winehouse & Patsy'y Magic Position

:shocked:

Hi MFC,

For those on facebook, friends of Lisa Maree Keem have set up a missing persons alert -http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=21002435212

Lisa went missing in Hervey Bay on Saturday June 13th. Details of her disappearance are on this Facebook page, or at http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/Keem.htm

Please call crime stoppers if you have any information realting to Lisa's disappearance 1800 333 000.

Thanks, sorry for posting this, but if it helps get her back...

:sad:

Really?

Yes, but I totally agree with you and ST - I prefer shiny booklets & cases, too. I actually never bought music on the internet but I fear I'll have to do it the day Mr Mika releases another album (if that day comes). I like seeing the song texts, read through the booklet and enjoy the art work. Just downloading a folder with mp3s is in no way comparable to unwrapping a lovely curvy case with a nice man on it.

Oh yeah, did I mention that I'm a cheapo, and I don't exactly pay for my music downloads. :naughty: But if I like them then I feel inspired to buy the CD for keeps ... you know, if I can find it in the discount bin somewhere :naughty:

G'night all, I'm outta here. 11:30pm by my definitions is an "early night".

:jawdrop: That's early. Oh btw, how was your exam? :blink:

AND btw, I should have gotten notices for sup exams in the mail today ... and I didn't. So that either means I passed my exams, or that I've failed so badly they've kicked me straight out :blink:

I think I get my results for music back tomorrow!

I got my English results back today. I got one of only two A-'s in the whole year. I go on about my results way too much but English really matters to me so I was proud of myself! :thumb_yello:

I also got science back today. 74%. It's alright I suppose...

Woooo, good job! Our English one was super-duper easy...and they encourage creativity so instead of an essay, I wrote a story that was loosely related to the topic they gave us :naughty: Way more interesting.

You are a victim of the (music download) times. :naughty:

I still prefer to buy CD's because while it's convenient to carry with me all of my music in my pocket in my Creative Zen it comes at a cost to audio quality so if I'm at home I'd rather listen to CD's - I also like to have the shiny cases with the pretty booklets. :bleh:

Ooooh, yes. I've never downloaded a CD, I love pretty shiny booklets. I (illegally) download single songs, but if I want the whole CD, I'll buy it.

AND btw, I should have gotten notices for sup exams in the mail today ... and I didn't. So that either means I passed my exams, or that I've failed so badly they've kicked me straight out :blink:

Or maybe the post was late? Keeping fingers crossed for you :thumb_yello:

I shouldn't worry about it PJ. But I'm sure OKD did a summary a few pages back. Or that might have been a lot of pages back:naughty:

Thanks... I tried to read it but I guess I'm just not on the special Aussie drugs to understand it. :naughty::wink2:

Btw I totally forgot that I've been here for a year now. :naughty: My first gig was June 13th 2007 and I joined June 21st because I was too afraid to join earlier. :naughty:

G'morning (or afternoon soon :naughty:). I have a "busy" day planned involving watching Black Books and visiting the gym ('cause holy f*ck I gained so much weight during this exam period :boxed:).

:jawdrop: That's early. Oh btw, how was your exam? :blink:

It could have been worse, so I'm not too worried about this one. The previous ones, though, I'm scared sh!tless about because we no longer have supps.

I hope that it's the former for you.

It's a black and white day (so no red-eye Kelz)

2000852435156423749_rs.jpg

awwwwwwwwww

Mika holding a pair of drumsticks >:das;<

:roftl:

Thanks... I tried to read it but I guess I'm just not on the special Aussie drugs to understand it.

Red Cordial :wink2:

Btw I totally forgot that I've been here for a year now. My first gig was June 13th 2007 and I joined June 21st because I was too afraid to join earlier.

*tries to do it as good as SD does it*

:groovy: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :groovy:

G'morning (or afternoon soon ). I have a "busy" day planned involving watching Black Books and visiting the gym ('cause holy f*ck I gained so much weight during this exam period ).

It could have been worse, so I'm not too worried about this one. The previous ones, though, I'm scared sh!tless about because we no longer have supps.

Good Afternoon Twatty!

Hello everybody!

Today I got some more mid-year exam results back. 84% for History/Geography and 97.5% for music!

How was everyone else's day?

*points up to blue impact font, size 6, ft. dancing smileys.*

G'morning (or afternoon soon :naughty:). I have a "busy" day planned involving watching Black Books and visiting the gym ('cause holy f*ck I gained so much weight during this exam period :boxed:).

Was going to ask what Black Books was (cos it meant something different to me... something you read, not watched) but I've just googled it and looked at Wiki. Looks interesting...

Howdy Aussies, congrats on your first anniversary PJ, way to go with your exam marks SD and if I've missed anything else really pertinent I'm sorry.

Was going to ask what Black Books was (cos it meant something different to me... something you read, not watched) but I've just googled it and looked at Wiki. Looks interesting...

It's a British TV show about an alcoholic and antisocial book store owner. It's bloody hilarious. :roftl:

Forgot the whole reason I'd come into the Aussies... I wanted to ask if anybody remembered the date that Jolene posted that Relax is being released?

I think it was last week. I think DC looked for it but as usual none of the stores have it yet.

Or maybe the post was late? Keeping fingers crossed for you

No Monday was already late, other epople got there's on Friday, but because I'm south of the river (shut up Jols) we get our post later usually.

*goes to look anyway*

&%#$*! #^$#*#%@!!!!

WHAT THE FRICK!

Why does my stupid mother lie to me/not pay proper attention!???

I just got new P-plates in the mail!! Jeeeez! I massively freaked out! The letter accompanying them says "blah-blah these are new laws targetting 'novice drivers' who have held a licence for less than 2 years, and they make it so you can't drive between midnight and 5am and have a zero BAC limit." And I was like "NO! NO! NO! I need to drive past 12 I NEED to! :crybaby:" and the at the bottom it's like "Oh yeah, but the time thing is only for the first 6 months, so if your in your first six months you should the 'white-on-red' side of these plates, and if you're after that you show the 'white-on-green' side." So, like, phewph. But still! Now I have to have these STUPID standard issue P-plates, instead of my subtle semi-see-through stick on ones that you can hardly see and don't shout out "LOOK! Look at me! I'm a P-plater! I have a big dent on the side of my car! I have no driving skills! Look at meeeee!!!!" No one's going to start making nicer-sticky-P-plates of the stupid green ones for aaaages... :tears:

Thanks... I tried to read it but I guess I'm just not on the special Aussie drugs to understand it.

Hahaha! :blush-anim-cl:

Btw I totally forgot that I've been here for a year now. My first gig was June 13th 2007 and I joined June 21st because I was too afraid to join earlier.

Yay! lol.

:cheerful_h4h:

Hello everybody!

Today I got some more mid-year exam results back. 84% for History/Geography and 97.5% for music!

How was everyone else's day?

Show off. :naughty:

Me? Oh just splendid. I set my alarm for 11 so I would actually have a day. But I forgot to actually turn it on. So I didn't have a day at all. I woke up at 3.20.

*tries to do it as good as SD does it*

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

*points up to blue impact font, size 6, ft. dancing smileys.*

:groovy:WROOOOOOOOOOONG:groovy:

ROYALblue impact font, size 6, NOT italic, ft. dancy smilies.

Forgot the whole reason I'd come into the Aussies... I wanted to ask if anybody remembered the date that Jolene posted that Relax is being released?

My memory is telling me 23rd. Which was yesterday??