Royal Albert Hall gig Petition T-Shirts

sariflor

I think VS works with Illustrator usually...?

I don't know, it could also have been done in Photoshop! We'll see..

Well remember Violet has not posted the high res pics yet, so nobody run off to print your shirt with these files yet or the quality won't be good enough yet. She will have time to upload them after the weekend she said.

The curent pics are .png files...isn't that photoshop?

The extension .png isn't revealing that much.. it could also have been done in Illustrator. I guess we just wait for Violet to upload the high res of the design! :thumb_yello:

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Helloooo.. me again :naughty:.

You may have seen previous mentions by me of the fact that I thought that it would be great if Mika played at the Royal Albert Hall, and it seems that a good number of people agree that they would love to see that.

Sooo we have decided (well, a few of us anyway) that it would be a good idea to print out some Tshirts with a "request" so that we can wear it to the July Mika gigs, as some sort of petition to the man himself.

This way, if anyone wants to join the petition", all they need to do is print the logo out on their own Tshirt, and there they go :thumb_yello:.

Wendi had a great idea for a logo, and Robi added a bit as well, and I added another little bit, so I have passed the idea to our resident design genius Violet_Sky, who is busy at work creating the super-masterpiece.

I guess that we just need to wait for her to post it now............

...............excitement..................drum roll..............................:naughty::naughty:

No pressure VS :fisch:

UPDATE:

-We have a design, which Violet_sky has made and people can get printed in a variety of colours, according to preferences.

They can also make a slight change to the design, adapting it. The link to the image will be uploaded soon.

-So far we have the following people taking part (I think that you are, but if I put your name here and you are not, please let me know and I will remove you!):

sariflor

rak1

robertina

wendi

kath

jemmalee

sarahlou1973

sienna

Queenie

babspanky?

violet_sky?

Blue Sky?

am I missing anyone?

and where is weealx, hevalump and ejcbolton

3 more to your list of retrobates

next step is sariflor and violet_sky to go ahead with the project....:bleh:

in the meantime...let's find more ppl wearing the tshirt....go and spread the word! :naughty:

ok, we'll wait for violet to post her high resolution designs and then we can have our t-shirts:thumb_yello:

Just one thing, on cafepress and those sorts of DIY T shirt sites, for the dark coloured T shirts, they need the background of the design to be transparent so that it doesn't just print as a block of black or a block of white, around the writing. I don't even know how to work Photoshop, but if someone successfully makes a transparent background one for a dark shirt, please let me know if I can use it too!

Is there an Illustrator file of this design? Most of the printshops want an Illustrator file.

If there's only a Photoshopfile than I can try to make an Illustrator file of it!

Sooo.... :hair:

:roftl:... for those who asked, sadly the images are not vector based. It's all bitmap as I usually use Corel PhotoPaint. I've spent the last night trying to transform them into vector graphics but had to find out that my version of CorelDraw has limited functions and so I couldn't make use of the tracing tool. Perfect :thumbdown: I'm not equipped with Photoshop, so no Illustrator either but I thought I'm clever and tried Inkscape - just to get an error message as a result of my tracing attempt there... hmpf.

To make at least the background transparent I consulted Gimp (as I usually do) but it (or maybe my computer?!) preferred to freeze. Plus, just when I had finished saving the black lined images in a higher resolution, my usual editing software developed an error and refused any further cooperation.

So in a nutshell I'm terribly sorry I can't give you the thing in all the varieties I've posted before in high resolution as in vector quality - and I'm also impressed by the slowness of my computer and the frequency with which it manages to freeze. :crash::crash:

Here you can find larger versions of the logo, the logo plus 'MIKA@', with or without the 'why not?' on it, plus an extra 'why not' image for those who prefer having it on the back:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dtsrcc

I'm sorry, it's all just black on white, background visible.

So if anyone out there wants to take the time to change color/remove bg/trace image or similar, it's very, very much appreciated. :blush-anim-cl:

I'f you don't hear from me today you can take it, I have thrown my computer down the balcony. :naughty:

I'm sorry about the problems you've had with getting the images sorted out Violet.

I'm not much help there, but on Thursday, when I'm back at my friends, and at a laptop, I'll be happy to fiddle around to get the colour I'd like.

You've done wonders to do what you've done already. Thanks ;-)

Sooo.... :hair:

for those who asked, sadly the images are not vector based. It's all bitmap as I usually use Corel PhotoPaint. I've spent the last night trying to transform them into vector graphics but had to find out that my version of CorelDraw has limited functions and so I couldn't make use of the tracing tool. Perfect :thumbdown: I'm not equipped with Photoshop, so no Illustrator either but I thought I'm clever and tried Inkscape - just to get an error message as a result of my tracing attempt there... hmpf.

To make at least the background transparent I consulted Gimp (as I usually do) but it (or maybe my computer?!) preferred to freeze. Plus, just when I had finished saving the black lined images in a higher resolution, my usual editing software developed an error and refused any further cooperation.

So in a nutshell I'm terribly sorry I can't give you the thing in all the varieties I've posted before in high resolution as in vector quality - and I'm also impressed by the slowness of my computer and the frequency with which it manages to freeze. :crash:

Here you can find larger versions of the logo, the logo plus 'MIKA@', with or without the 'why not?' on it, plus an extra 'why not' image for those who prefer having it on the back:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dtsrcc

I'm sorry, it's all just black on white, background visible.

So if anyone out there wants to take the time to change color/remove bg/trace image or similar, it's very, very much appreciated. :blush-anim-cl:

I'f you don't hear from me today you can take it, I have thrown my computer down the balcony.

OH NOO!

Getting angry doesn’t solve anything.....okay I know sometimes it does, but please don’t throw your computer out we really don’t want to loose contact with you!:wink2:

Seriously, the image is great and as long as there is any way to put it on a T-shirt, I’m happy.

Sadly enough I didn’t understood much of the technical explanation other than you tried to give us several opportunities to have different choices, is that right?

But if it’s easier to print a white T-shirt you could always colour it afterwards, no?:blink:

Sorry if I got it all wrong about your technical trouble but you have done a great job!

I immediately fell in love in the one called "black", the first one; it is so simple and beautiful.:wub2:

Can I have it without the why not in the bottom or should I go for the "black WN" ( I don’t think I’m clever enough to get anything printed on the back!)

What do you guys think?

PS. I couldn't open the one called thumbs, I have no idea why, but no worries it's just the way it is in my world and most of the time I succed to figure out what I missed by reading closely what others have wrote in the thread,hehe!

Hey!

Don't worry VS, we'll somehow sort it out. Maybe someone with the right tools wants to give it a go, otherwise we'll do what we can with one of your existing fab designs.

I have been very short of time lately and won't be back tonight either (Sara Bareilles gig that Jennie is dragging us to :naughty:) . I hope to catch up properly tomorrow or so, but in any case it will take a little time.

About the book idea to give to Mika and Tshirts for the "entourage", I also think it's a fabulous plan, but I am not sure quite yet how involved I will be able to be with it myself, so any ideas or help are greatly appreciated.

It can be a team effort like someone said?

About giving it to M, maybe Amsterdam? As many MFC'ers will be there?

Anyway I must go now but see you soon!

hi sara!

for the book...we have so little time left!

before ppl have their tshirts printed and take pics and send them to some of us who needs to print them out and stick to an album....:blink:

and the band tshirts....any of us can have them printed by a shop...but, how can we collect the money?

or

i can pay for one...can anyone else pay for another one and so on till we reach the total amount?

i can pay for one tshirt more, not more than one anyway....

sorry i'm a bit confused...can anyone help in solving all this?

i can collect the pics and make the album...and give it in madrid, as we have more time till july 19th.

the tshirts should be given before that, and amsterdam sounds perfect!

hi sara!

before ppl have their tshirts printed and take pics and send them to some of us who needs to print them out and stick to an album....:blink:

and the band tshirts....any of us can have them printed by a shop...but, how can we collect the money?

or

i can pay for one...can anyone else pay for another one and so on till we reach the total amount?

i can collect the pics and make the album...and give it in madrid, as we have more time till july 19th.

first of all we're gonna need 5-6 tshirts to give to the band, so we have to ask the print shop how much they're going to cost and then we can see how we can contribute in paying that amount.

giving the tshirts in amsterdam sounds like a great idea and we can totally have them ready till that day. as for the book i know we don't have much time left but it'd be great if we could give it the same day as the tshirts, i think it would make the message stronger.

it's ok for me!:thumb_yello:

but i cannot be of any help...and i'm going only to madrid....

but i can send my money through paypal in case you need it, or give it to sariflor in madrid (if she's taking part in the expense).

we'll see....:bleh:

Maybey been said before and sorry if it has ..but wouldn't it be cheaper rather than going to a proper tshirt shop and get them printed ...just get some iron on transfer paper from computer store or good art and craft shops.

I haven't time to read all this thread but think the design is fab...especially in PINK! lol!

Dunno if can afford to go tho if going to Paris....then again there is always Mr Visa who is happy to pay for me! :wink2:

xxx

ps. does anyone know if MIKA ACTUALLY wants to do this gig?...afterall he is a busy guy these days

hi sara!

or

I wish I was able to help, but I'm not going to any of the gigs. I'm okay with donating money for the tshirts for the band, but is there someone who wants to coordinate that?

JoseOle has offered to try and convert the image into an Illustrator-file, I don't know if it's possible technically, but I'm sure she can tell us.

I think july 19th is a good idea. It does give us more time.

I'm leaving (holidays) in two weeks, but I'll send my tshirt-pic to you if you are the one to give the album. :thumb_yello:

it's ok for me!:thumb_yello:

but i cannot be of any help...and i'm going only to madrid....

but i can send my money through paypal in case you need it, or give it to sariflor in madrid (if she's taking part in the expense).

we'll see....:bleh:

i guess we're gonna have to decide exactly what we're going to do today or tomorrow since amsterdam is only a month away. but i think if we organise everything well enough we'll have everything ready in time!

let's wait and see what sara has to say if she logs in later today...