English as a Second Language

And you're saying this after I found that spanish version of that song for you :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

And have you seen the flag of Russia, Netherlands and Serbia? :naughty:

o.o Gotta read that XD

I know another one... plus a little of another one. slovak doesn't count :naughty:

he he he he... I said thank you...did I? LOL

yeeeees :bleh:

why not? since it's another country :bleh:

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? So Zdravo in kako si? (Hello, how are you?):bleh: Have you ever been to Slovenia?

Hehe, i have never been in Slovenia but i might fly there in few months. My friend was there last year and loved every minute of being there, she told me it;s a very beautiful country. :thumb_yello:

Wow!!!! :shocked:

I finally got some time to read through this thread, and I'm so amazed with people from all over the world, all communicating in English with each other.

Thanks to everyone who shared their story...I'm a language nerd, and I love knowing how other people picked up English.

And can I just say, wow...so many people here communicate very well in English - and some people didn't even start studying the language until later in their lives!

Can I just take a second to point something out - something that is a big reason why I love MFC? :wub2:

This thread has about 120 posts - and yet, look at all the different countries we've heard from within this one, relatively small thread. 27 different countries. I'm so, so impressed!

The list:

• USA
  • Canada
  • Mexico
  • Argentina
  • Colombia
  • England
  • Wales
  • France
  • Belgium
  • Spain
  • Italy
  • Netherlands
  • Sweden
  • Norway
  • Latvia
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Czech Republic
  • Poland
  • Slovenia
  • Israel
  • Turkey
  • Lebanon
  • Japan
  • Malaysia
  • Australia

Anabelle, the novel is called "Veronika decides to die", and the author is Paulo Coelho. I recommend you The Alchemist as well, both are good books :)

I've heard of that book before but never read it. Thanks! Maybe I'll read it one day (if I'll ever be able to find time to read something else beside those piles of law books:mf_rosetinted:).

Hehe, i have never been in Slovenia but i might fly there in few months. My friend was there last year and loved every minute of being there, she told me it;s a very beautiful country. :thumb_yello:

Wow, that's great! If you need any help or guide don't hesitate to ask me.:wink2:If you'll be staying anywhere near Maribor maybe we can also meet.:wink2:

About 'beauties' of Slovenia-if you like mountains and hilly landscape then you'll like it here.

Yes it is amazing, and we are actually from all over the world!:thumb_yello:

Thank you for starting this thread and pointing it out!:wink2:

...feels special...:blush-anim-cl:

I completely agree with sienna's words :wink2:

Well I started to learn English when I was about 10, at school. But unlike my parents who grew up watching Russian or Finnish channels, I grew up in a different era, where we already had access to USA TV shows and so on, so TV has been a lot of help, too.

But I don't consider my English good. O_O Whenever I try to read a book in English I have to check like every other word from the dictionary :naughty:

But in Estonia, learning other languages is very important. Probably because you can't go very far in the world by only speaking Estonian, duh XD

Over here in the Netherlands you get English classes at school. :boxed:

in the beginning I had a lot of trouble with it (writhing/reading) because of my dyslexia but I started to watch my favourite shows on the bbc with subtitles (for the deaf) and that's how I learned it.

Well I started to learn English when I was about 10, at school. But unlike my parents who grew up watching Russian or Finnish channels, I grew up in a different era, where we already had access to USA TV shows and so on, so TV has been a lot of help, too.

But I don't consider my English good. O_O Whenever I try to read a book in English I have to check like every other word from the dictionary :naughty:

But in Estonia, learning other languages is very important. Probably because you can't go very far in the world by only speaking Estonian, duh XD

The same thing is in Lithuania, too.

Damn, why Baltic countries are so small? :mf_rosetinted:

english rocks! it's my second language and i started to teach myself from a very young age. my parents don't speak english. i think the MFC is a great opportunity for me to improve! i love you all!

Over here in the Netherlands you get English classes at school. :boxed:

in the beginning I had a lot of trouble with it (writhing/reading) because of my dyslexia but I started to watch my favourite shows on the bbc with subtitles (for the deaf) and that's how I learned it.

This is a great idea because sometimes it's really hard to hear what they actually are saying, but with the little extra support from the English subtitles it gets so much easier!:thumb_yello:

Not only Baltic, mine as well.... :boxed: duh, what are our languages for :naughty:

My language is very small too!:blink:

Romanian is my native language , English is my 2nd language and I've learned it while my family and I have been living in Liverpool for 2 years !Actually I've learned it at the kindergarden there and my sister was doing school there too (that happened when I was about 4 years old but unfortunately my parents divorced and my mom ,sister and me are back in Romania and my dad lives now in Poland )I love reading English books :wub2:but I really hate reading books in my native language !

And I also know a bit of Spanish cause my father is half Spanish :bleh:!