The Rock Thread

Kelzy

Nice Collection!! :punk:

Do you go to many concerts?

I try to go to many concerts.. Been to Queen + PR a few times and will see them this year..

Furthermore I have seen Joe Cocker, Extrabreit, Kim Wilde, Ten Years After and a Pink Floyd tribute band

Wanted to see Roger Waters this year but the prices were way too high

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's the problem here too. Concert ticket prices are insane. And the scalpers get in first and then sell them on Ebay for twice the price :boxed::thumbdown:

Makes it hard to go to any good concerts.

Queen would've been awesome :punk:

1* the price of the tickets is insane

2* live nation owns almost every concert= you cant even manage to have free tickets anymore

3* anyway i saw several ex legends this year and it was a pure BORE!!! im sorry but they are like 60 now and they look like zombies on stage, i almost cried when i went to see johncale like a month ago, i couldnt believe this man was one of the creator of the velvet...

4*mika rocks

1 = Yes!

2 = really? I didn't know they were in control.

3 = Rolling stones, for example, Must be needing walking frames and hip replacements by now. But I love their music and would still go for that.

4 = Agree :punk:

1 = Yes!

2 = really? I didn't know they were in control.

3 = Rolling stones, for example, Must be needing walking frames and hip replacements by now. But I love their music and would still go for that.

4 = Agree :punk:

yeah they really REALLY are, i missed loureed because of them but honestly after johncale, maybe it was a good thing, when LN owns a gig, no matter where it is , they bring all their organisation with them= there is no way you get in, and its so expensive, only old people buy tickets, old and very rich and you have to stay sit during the whole gig!!!!! i know that the stones have the same kind of problems, they play for very rich expatriated people in foreign country, someone messed with mjagger about that and strangely enough he responded something really clever. the stones are probably the only ones i would pay for, in the old ones,neil young was ok though but im still shocked about johncale i wonder what people have thought about the loureed one, but i wont know since everyone was saying the very same: **** live nation we wont see loureed now!!!anyway i crossed someone like 2 weeks ago who went to see alan vega, iwasnt there the day he played and i was mad at that but then this person told me that it was totally *hit, so...

So the ticket price would probably have to include all the wages to have those LN people working at the gigs? :boxed: Well, that sucks. Would be a good job if you can get it though.

Neil Young I like. I never really got into Lou Reed, but have been meaning to search youtube for him a few times lately. I'm sure I know quite a few of his songs.

Alan Vega is another name I don't know. Who is he?

1* the price of the tickets is insane

2* live nation owns almost every concert= you cant even manage to have free tickets anymore

3* anyway i saw several ex legends this year and it was a pure BORE!!! im sorry but they are like 60 now and they look like zombies on stage, i almost cried when i went to see johncale like a month ago, i couldnt believe this man was one of the creator of the velvet...

4*mika rocks

I must agree about the zombie part..

As I am 23 and digging 70s rock bands it's hard for me to see most of them cause they are either dead or quit.

I must say after looking at the who and Pink Floyd at Live 8 and Queen doing new stuff with Paul Rodgers, they don't move as much, but they still keep the rock alive!

I've heard Deep Purple is still touring as well.. It all goes well till Ian Gillan tries to do Child In Time as in the glorious days.. I wonder if he still wears the tight tigerprint pants. Any confirmation? lol

And of course Led Zeppelin really rocked during the reunion, Plant going solo is a bore to watch though

So the ticket price would probably have to include all the wages to have those LN people working at the gigs? :boxed: Well, that sucks. Would be a good job if you can get it though.

Neil Young I like. I never really got into Lou Reed, but have been meaning to search youtube for him a few times lately. I'm sure I know quite a few of his songs.

Alan Vega is another name I don't know. Who is he?

well i dont know how they work exactly, im on the other side...you know.

anyway come on! loureed was the creator of the velvet underground-nico- the factory-WARHOL!!!the most prolific years of art, all those people included alanvega(Suicide) were first plasticians or sculptors before they were musicians, thats why it makes it all so interesting, if you check the king of drug culture loureed, listen to heroin and i'm waiting for the man and venus in furs...about the artistic part same think for pinkfloyd, thewall gig must have been incredible, i mean the whole concept, that was crazy, the concept was to build a wall between the audience and them because they started to hate the audience,lol, personally ill stick to sydbarett anyway...

lol@it all goes well till gillan tries to do Child In Time as in the glorious days

i dunno about the tigeprints pants but n eil young was wearing a very "fashionsdiamonds" jacket for his age,lol unlike johncale who was wearing the same shirt as the people who cut the trees in the forest, someone even screamed "come onj ohn come on!!!" the boy was imploring him to wake up....

oh and ozzy is such a drag really and you mix the whole thing with simple minds who apart from their lyrics have never been alive and kicking!

For those who don't understand the Child in Time thingy:

Ian Gillan in his glorious days:

Ian Gillan in his not so glorious days:

Ok I must admit the guys filming the last one made it terrible to listen to.. but Gillan is not helping much.

Ok, today I'm going to get some youtube'ing done and finally watch some clips I've been meaning to for ages. Alot I would've seen before years ago, but I'll get a new perspective of them at my age now..

• 2 weeks later...
Kelzy, they're playing "With Or Without You" on the french Virgin Radio....I thought of you :wub2::naughty:

Awww :wub2:

I can't liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee - with or without youuuuuuuuuuu!

whoooooooooaaaahh whooooo-oooo--ooooo--oohhhhhh :punk:

:naughty:

Awww :wub2:

I can't liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee - with or without youuuuuuuuuuu!

whoooooooooaaaahh whooooo-oooo--ooooo--oohhhhhh :punk:

Yeah.....:boxed:

My favorite is "Sunday Bloody Sunday":punk: