Freddies English Teaching Course

Crumpet is a hot girl yes .. :shocked: ... Crumpet is actually hot toast type thingy but the other term is used lots too:thumb_yello:

Yes and we eat that chip sarnie a lot as well :roftl:

I've NEVER heard a dude yell out to a girl "Oh wow hot dayum gurl you iz a smokin' crumpet!" :blink:

:roftl::roftl:

i think its a older term (much older than me:sneaky2:) ohh phoarrrrrrrrrr thats a nice bit of crumpet , its for sure more of a london term ...(nods)

:blink: Crumpet, screw being referred to as a crumpet! What kind of comparison is THAT?! Does it refer to cellulite or something?! :roftl::roftl:

:blink: Crumpet, screw being referred to as a crumpet! What kind of comparison is THAT?! Does it refer to cellulite or something?! :roftl::roftl:

You know I dont have any idea ... but .. it is not a bad term nor is nice either , its not BAD , just 'crumpet" , something like my grandad would say

In British English, the term the thinking man's crumpet refers to a woman who is intelligent and good looking, particularly one who has a high profile in the broadcast media. It derives from the slang "crumpet" to refer to a woman who is regarded as an object of sexual desire, which is itself an association with the crumpet, a baked product usually eaten warm after being toasted and spread with butter

That's nice.

That isn't.

In British English, the term the thinking man's crumpet refers to a woman who is intelligent and good looking, particularly one who has a high profile in the broadcast media. It derives from the slang "crumpet" to refer to a woman who is regarded as an object of sexual desire, which is itself an association with the crumpet, a baked product usually eaten warm after being toasted and spread with butter

That's nice.

That isn't.

True .. my grandads culture towards females and colour etc would use that (like 70 / 80 year old) ...

Thats nice / that isnt :roftl: ... point taken .. wasnt until I read that I realised it went more towards the not nice :aah:

True .. my grandads culture towards females and colour etc would use that (like 70 / 80 year old) ...

Thats nice / that isnt :roftl: ... point taken .. wasnt until I read that I realised it went more towards the not nice :aah:

see, this is why I hate names for people. Bird, Crumpet, Dollybird...f*ck's sake dude, I have a name, LEARN IT.

:aah:

I had some dude shout "Big Tits!" at me through a megaphone whilst driving past me in his car. :boxed:

Uncool kid, uncool.

see, this is why I hate names for people. Bird, Crumpet, Dollybird...f*ck's sake dude, I have a name, LEARN IT.

:aah:

I had some dude shout "Big Tits!" at me through a megaphone whilst driving past me in his car. :boxed:

Uncool kid, uncool.

You did :shocked:

This is why ... men do not mature until they are at LEAST 50 ... ish

Joking aside ... that happens a lot , and your supposed to go :wub2: .. my dreammmm man :wub2:

:roftl:

You did :shocked:

This is why ... men do not mature until they are at LEAST 50 ... ish

Joking aside ... that happens a lot , and your supposed to go :wub2: .. my dreammmm man :wub2:

:roftl:

I KNOW. I told my dad that I hate it when random dudes chat me up, cos in my eyes if someone approaches you saying "You alright darling? If I buy you a drink will you give me your number?" it makes me think they want me for sex, and getting it on with strangers is definitely something NOT on my list, but my dad was all like "It's supposed to be complimentary, someone finds you attractive."

I was like WTF dad, I'm not letting myself be uuuuused!!! I mean, I sorta get where he's coming from, but I'm not up for a good time, I have standards and class dammit! :roftl: It's either all or nothing.

Besides, I prefer situations where I actually get to know the person, like perhaps in a work setting where you get to know them over time or whatever. I don't do the whole stranger thing. I'm quite happy on my own.

OMG NO :aah:

Crumpets are food!!! :lmfao:

Crumpet is a hot girl yes .. :shocked: ... Crumpet is actually hot toast type thingy but the other term is used lots too:thumb_yello:

I've NEVER heard a dude yell out to a girl "Oh wow hot dayum gurl you iz a smokin' crumpet!" :blink:

i think its a older term (much older than me:sneaky2:) ohh phoarrrrrrrrrr thats a nice bit of crumpet , its for sure more of a london term ...(nods)

You know I dont have any idea ... but .. it is not a bad term nor is nice either , its not BAD , just 'crumpet" , something like my grandad would say

Ha: my knowledge of the English language is sooooo great:naughty: "I know more than Cahaz....":mf_rosetinted:

But FD already explained why I know more: I am ooooooold!:biggrin2: I know the word crumpet because of ancient tv-series such as 'Allo 'Allo, Are You Being Served and sofort! :roftl:

Ha: my knowledge of the English language is sooooo great:naughty: "I know more than Cahaz....":mf_rosetinted:

But FD already explained why I know more: I am ooooooold!:biggrin2: I know the word crumpet because of ancient tv-series such as 'Allo 'Allo, Are You Being Served and sofort! :roftl:

The dutch and those english tv programmes :roftl:

Love it

Certain dutchies every day to me .. goad moaningggggggggggg :naughty:

don't get me wrong, my tea isn't COLD :aah::roftl: It's still nice and warm lol. I just don't do super hot stuff. There's no taste if your mouth is on fire :roftl:

And dipping in biscuits in tea is the best! :thumb_yello:

I like black tea. Usually without milk. Two sugars :D

Are you talking about Mc Vities' Digestives? :drool::mf_lustslow:

I KNOW. I told my dad that I hate it when random dudes chat me up, cos in my eyes if someone approaches you saying "You alright darling? If I buy you a drink will you give me your number?" it makes me think they want me for sex, and getting it on with strangers is definitely something NOT on my list, but my dad was all like "It's supposed to be complimentary, someone finds you attractive."

I was like WTF dad, I'm not letting myself be uuuuused!!! I mean, I sorta get where he's coming from, but I'm not up for a good time, I have standards and class dammit! :roftl: It's either all or nothing.

Besides, I prefer situations where I actually get to know the person, like perhaps in a work setting where you get to know them over time or whatever. I don't do the whole stranger thing. I'm quite happy on my own.

I completely agree with you. I hate it when some random guys yell things at me or whistle at me. It's not respectful and I hate feeling like an object. I know that it's a compliment, in a way, but I don't like those kinds of compliments. I'd rather get to know the person first, too... Maybe that's why I'm single and have always been... lol

I like black tea. Usually without milk. Two sugars :D

Are you talking about Mc Vities' Digestives? :drool::mf_lustslow:

I completely agree with you. I hate it when some random guys yell things at me or whistle at me. It's not respectful and I hate feeling like an object. I know that it's a compliment, in a way, but I don't like those kinds of compliments. I'd rather get to know the person first, too... Maybe that's why I'm single and have always been... lol

McVities Chocolate Digestives! Mmmmm

and yeah same here :roftl::roftl:

McVities Chocolate Digestives! Mmmmm

and yeah same here :roftl::roftl:

Those are good but strangely, I prefer the original ones :D Arggggh I know we have two left at home *please dad don't eat them, I want them for my 5 o'clock tea* :roftl:

I'm just waiting for a guy who's worth it :dunno: My last experience was a huge mess so yeah, better to be alone than with a moron :aah:

Those are good but strangely, I prefer the original ones :D Arggggh I know we have two left at home *please dad don't eat them, I want them for my 5 o'clock tea* :roftl:

I'm just waiting for a guy who's worth it :dunno: My last experience was a huge mess so yeah, better to be alone than with a moron :aah:

OMG completely agree :aah:

Okay: what does buttie mean

I know it's been answered to death, but I think a buttie was originally a slice of bread, buttered and folded over. To keep the hungry kids quiet.

There were sugar butties up north and butties with condensed milk spread on them. And, of course, jam butties...

As we got more prosperous, we put chips and then bacon in.

Baked beans butties are very yummy!

I know it's been answered to death, but I think a buttie was originally a slice of bread, buttered and folded over. To keep the hungry kids quiet.

There were sugar butties up north and butties with condensed milk spread on them. And, of course, jam butties...

As we got more prosperous, we put chips and then bacon in.

Baked beans butties are very yummy!

Really?

So a buttie is folded bread .. right and then it became sandwich .. okies

Dont forget crisp butties :wub2:

Really?

So a buttie is folded bread .. right and then it became sandwich .. okies

Dont forget crisp butties :wub2:

The sandwich was invented by the Earl of Sandwich (what a surprise), or more properly one of his servants, when he wanted something to eat quick and ended up with a slice of cold meat between two slices of bread.

"Buttie" is from bread and butter; adding fillings came later :naughty:.

The sandwich was invented by the Earl of Sandwich (what a surprise), or more properly one of his servants, when he wanted something to eat quick and ended up with a slice of cold meat between two slices of bread.

"Buttie" is from bread and butter; adding fillings came later :naughty:.

Yes, I was about to tell that "sandwich story":naughty: but, as I know it, he was passionate gambler, didn't want to leave those gambling tables, not even to eat, so they were giving him...well - sandwiches! :naughty:

Is it Easter holiday or Easter holidays (when talking about school)?

I would tend to say Easter holiday - but I don't think we are too fussy in English. What is the whole sentence?

Yes, I was about to tell that "sandwich story":naughty: but, as I know it, he was passionate gambler, didn't want to leave those gambling tables, not even to eat, so they were giving him...well - sandwiches! :naughty:

The first fast food :naughty: