the winner?

mika-fan1001

I tried another e-mail, and it worked!

Hotmail didn't work for me, but my school e-mail worked perfect.

Where school is good for...:naughty:

I think it is if you signed up already or not...like if you signed up for Mika information at all before hand, you don't get a confirmation email.

I am seriously doubting the chances of any one out of france to win this contest.

Its kindof a messy contest with no fair chance for those outside of that specific area....

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is a real contest and this is how it's organized, I think it would border to irresponsible for them to fly someone in from another country. Imagine to land in Paris and this fantastic communication continues. Wouldn't it be just wonderful to stand in the airport, not sure if you're gonna meet someone somewhere or how to get the tickets, let alone how to get to the hotel. Perhaps you wouldn't even know which hotel you're staying at...if any at all :mf_rosetinted: This is not gonna happen on such short notice, it's just not possible.

Agreed. that would be the worst thing ever! stranded in a country hoping that your all paid for and have transportation waiting for you.

I said this at the beginning and everybody was like "no no, this is normal for a contest"

not a supposedly international contest.

The Netherlands isn't that far away from France :glasses2:

Right???unsure.gifpuppyeyes.gif

Oh yeah.:mf_rosetinted:

Anyway we all know who the winner will be:

Michael P.

24 years old

London

has just won 8 ticks to attend Mika's show in Paris along with 7 of his fluffy friends. Congrats, Michael!

:mf_rosetinted:

I like that name, it looks familiar:mf_rosetinted:Yeah, I bet he loves it:naughty:

I said this at the beginning and everybody was like "no no, this is normal for a contest"

It's not normal. I entered a contest to a trip from Canada to one of his European shows through a mobile phone company and it was all done weeks in advance.

It is, unfortunately, typical of Mika's people to try to sort out the logistics at the last possible minute and not always succeeding.

I think it is if you signed up already or not...like if you signed up for Mika information at all before hand, you don't get a confirmation email.

I am seriously doubting the chances of any one out of france to win this contest.

Its kindof a messy contest with no fair chance for those outside of that specific area....

:no: Why didn't they just make it a France competition then???

Or at least find out who the winner is earlier.

Either way for whoever wins, it's gonna be really stressful at such short notice.

:sneaky2:

Agreed. that would be the worst thing ever! stranded in a country hoping that your all paid for and have transportation waiting for you.

This is absolutely not normal for a contest. It's normal for a contest that you know the approximate conditions before you enter it. It's not like it would be the end of the world for me if I won it and paid a one way flight and got stuck in Paris with nowhere to stay and couldn't get a refund right away because of communication problems or whatever worst case scenario could be here , I would no doubt figure something out anyway. But imagine an 18 year old, who never travelled alone before, flying in from the US and ending up in such a situation :insane:

This is absolutely not normal for a contest. It's normal for a contest that you know the approximate conditions before you enter it. It's not like it would be the end of the world for me if I won it and paid a one way flight and got stuck in Paris with nowhere to stay and couldn't get a refund right away because of communication problems or whatever worst case scenario could be here , I would no doubt figure something out anyway. But imagine an 18 year old, who never travelled alone before, flying in from the US and ending up in such a situation :insane:

lol I would be in the same situation, as I am 18 and would be traveling alone for the first time (with possibly a few fluffy friends with me) from the US.

but honestly, I don't think I could find foru friends with a passport especially at such short notice.

if they gave me a refund but did not have a flight home for me, I would be SO pissed off. seriously I dunno if I could deal with that.

:no: Why didn't they just make it a France competition then???

Or at least find out who the winner is earlier.

Either way for whoever wins, it's gonna be really stressful at such short notice.

:sneaky2:

They want to give us false hope:no:

he doesn't sound like a hardcore Mika fan to me.

maybe we should check this guy out. :mf_rosetinted:

Yeah, let's stalk him:mf_rosetinted:

lol I would be in the same situation, as I am 18 and would be traveling alone for the first time (with possibly a few fluffy friends with me) from the US.

but honestly, I don't think I could find foru friends with a passport especially at such short notice.

if they gave me a refund but did not have a flight home for me, I would be SO pissed off. seriously I dunno if I could deal with that.

I'm sure you could find someone from the MFC who'd be willing to go with you though :roftl: Not that it's gonna happen, I think Niki is absolutely right that the winner has already been found :bleh:. I really wish I was a friend of that Michael dude :sneaky2:

It's not normal. I entered a contest to a trip from Canada to one of his European shows through a mobile phone company and it was all done weeks in advance.

It is, unfortunately, typical of Mika's people to try to sort out the logistics at the last possible minute and not always succeeding.

And unfortunetly, that is a very, very bad typical to be associated with.

I could maybe give him some slack if he was new at this, like less than a year in, but really, with his abilities as of current this is disappointing.

Especially if he is behind this/letting his people put on unorganized stressful messes like this.

don't get me wrong, if I won I would still try my hardest and I still am a hardcore Mika fan, but its things like this that just make me shake my head.

I'm sure you could find someone from the MFC who'd be willing to go with you though :roftl: Not that it's gonna happen, I think Niki is absolutely right that the winner has already been found :bleh:. I really wish I was a friend of that Michael dude :sneaky2:

It was just the announcing the contest on myspace that did it for me, its like...are you seriously still trying to get people to enter?

though I am sure that is to get people to sign up for his webby, which is clever, but...I dunno..I just don't like that he didn't outright say "sign up for my webby and win a chance to win a chance to get tickets"

but then again, as Christine said somewhere else, it is a job and I think he knows fully well what he is doing with things like that.

this would be really, really underhanded, but I am beginning to wonder if they are actually going to have a real winner, if the contest is real, or if it is just a way to get people to sign up for Mikasounds.com...

I mean they can say the winner is announced, but if it is not an MFC person, we will most likely not be able to know if someone actually did win.

this would be really, really underhanded, but I am beginning to wonder if they are actually going to have a real winner, if the contest is real, or if it is just a way to get people to sign up for Mikasounds.com...

I mean they can say the winner is announced, but if it is not an MFC person, we will most likely not be able to know if someone actually did win.

Yeah. I wondered about that too:(

Would make me really angry if it was, cause usually I don't like people who give me false hope, and waste my time.:thumbdown:

It was just the announcing the contest on myspace that did it for me, its like...are you seriously still trying to get people to enter?

though I am sure that is to get people to sign up for his webby, which is clever, but...I dunno..I just don't like that he didn't outright say "sign up for my webby and win a chance to win a chance to get tickets"

but then again, as Christine said somewhere else, it is a job and I think he knows fully well what he is doing with things like that.

Of course he knows what he's doing. If this was about giving something nice to his fans, then why not make the contest for the MFC? We are the ones most likely to actually drop whatever we're doing and jump on a plane to Paris anyway :doh: So much for officialness :yay: No but seriously, I have a hard time seeing what exactly he's gonna gain from this :boxed: It's not really getting him any publicity and errr if he wanted to throw the fans a bone, then he has pretty much missed the target :doh:

I know... I mean there's two days left!

The winner has to be announced now or tomorrow to even have there be a tiny tiny chance for it to be someone out of France.

Seriously, if they announce it the day of, it'll just be like a joke...

I seriously doubt they're gonna announce anything at all :boxed:

The winner has to be announced now or tomorrow to even have there be a tiny tiny chance for it to be someone out of France.

soo why didn't he post it before on facebook and myspace and whatnot?

thats what confuses me, why would he post those today but not when he updated Mikasounds? It wasn't like he was giving his fans a preview or anything...so is he really that unorganized that he forgot/didn't have time to post on the other websites?

a very, very not funny Joke.

its sad to say, but I think I would feel so much better if the contest was for the MFC people, since we were supposedly "official"

and then we would know for sure who gets it, and that it was real..but then he wouldn't get people to sign up for his webby.

blargh!! I dunno.

soo why didn't he post it before on facebook and myspace and whatnot?

thats what confuses me, why would he post those today but not when he updated Mikasounds? It wasn't like he was giving his fans a preview or anything...so is he really that unorganized that he forgot/didn't have time to post on the other websites?

I know. If you're gonna update a website (and you have multiple ones) then do it all at once so it's fair to everyone. Is he lazy, or just a crazy procrastinator or something? :boxed:

Oh well... it won't do anything if we just keep pointing out what's wrong..

a very, very not funny Joke.

its sad to say, but I think I would feel so much better if the contest was for the MFC people, since we were supposedly "official"

and then we would know for sure who gets it, and that it was real..but then he wouldn't get people to sign up for his webby.

blargh!! I dunno.

Yeah... maybe he'll do that one day for the MFCers and maybe he'll get the picture..

It would be easier on him anyways. :roll1:

I seriously doubt they're gonna announce anything at all :boxed:

Me too.:shocked:I hope they will anounce it at the right time, not a day before or on the day itself..

And I hope so that they've organised everything well enough to do that!

Me too.:shocked:I hope they will anounce it at the right time, not a day before or on the day itself..

And I hope so that they've organised everything well enough to do that!

maybe they had a specific area planned, like a specific country/area and just waited for someone to enter from there..and then that person wins?

thats the only way I could think of this happening...or you know, driving distance.