The Mika Music Masterclass!

How well can you perform Mika's music?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. How well can you perform Mika's music?

• I can't play/sing a note but I'm eager to learn
    • I'm still learning but think I could manage a couple of songs from LICM
    • I already sang/played an instrument so I'm finding it enjoyable to pick up Mika's stuff
    • I'm actually amazed he didn't invite me to go on tour with him...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a drummer, albeit a bit rusty at the moment from not practising nearly enough, I enjoy tapping along to the rhythm of the drums on the album. Love Today is my favourite to play along to.

i had some piano classes when i was 10. i still hate myself for quitting...but it was a disaster i can't read the sheet-music and was basically staring at it and at the piano... but i'm still in love with the piano and i have a synth at home and i'm making noises whenever i get bored...but i'm awful! i would love to be able to play the piano i find it pretty easy playing by ear...oh but i can't possibly play the piano with two hands :boxed:

I tried to play Grace Kelly, Relax, Billy Brown and Happy ending by ear on the cello. It's very fun to do, but I don't know if I play it correct and I also play it slower because I have to think a lot :naughty:

I'd love to play it on the piano, but I don't have one and I think it's more difficult when you don't have lessons and stuff and also because it's with both hands. But it's very cool when you can play that, also because the piano is in the song (and not the cello)

I can sing them quite well :) Still don't know how to play his songs on piano or guitar, though I can play a little of those instruments

Oh, and I can't read music sheets. I'm able but I gave up, hopefully one day I'll learn

Any Other World is my favorite song to play :wub2:

you know what I am talking about? have you extracted the bar #'s yet? because I can teach you it right now (of course if you know then don't worry about it!) its the theme that is all half notes for about 14 bars ) its so beautiful! and haunting!

I have a project..wonder if you would like to work on it with me. I plan to orchestrate every part from scratch including the children's choir and orchestral quartet.

Being a drummer, albeit a bit rusty at the moment from not practising nearly enough, I enjoy tapping along to the rhythm of the drums on the album. Love Today is my favourite to play along to.

Oooooooooooooh Rose, Love Today being my fave we should really get together and do a rendition of it!! :naughty:

I'm concentrating on my French just now as I'm off to France for a 3 week road trip next week to try my best to pick up the language but when I'm back it's all systems go on the piano front!!

Keep tapping away until then! :thumb_yello:

you know what I am talking about? have you extracted the bar #'s yet? because I can teach you it right now (of course if you know then don't worry about it!) its the theme that is all half notes for about 14 bars ) its so beautiful! and haunting!

I have a project..wonder if you would like to work on it with me. I plan to orchestrate every part from scratch including the children's choir and orchestral quartet.

I'm so very jealous of your musical skills and would love you to teach me anything you can..........as I've just said above I will be back on music full time after my return from France at the end of September.........your masterclasses will be much appretiated! :thumb_yello:

I'm sorry I'm only seeing this now!

Extracted the bar #'s? I don't think I know how to do that:blush-anim-cl: I would love for you to teach me :wub2:

And what's the project?

How's it going Vixen? I'm still impressed if you're sticking at it?

(Should this be a PM rather than a post?)

I am sticking too it!

I can now play Happy Ending and the first part of Billy Brown but have asked my teacher for something simpler to help me read the sheet music and play with both hands better....so I've just leant Scarborough Fair this past week.

I'm leanring lots of technical stuff too so I'm getting ever closer to making my own music.

The thing is, I need to learn the techniques for playing before I can just rattle of a little ditty!!

I hope this thread inspires you! :wink2:

I'm sorry I'm only seeing this now!

Extracted the bar #'s? I don't think I know how to do that:blush-anim-cl: I would love for you to teach me :wub2:

And what's the project?

You took the words out of my mouth! :roftl:

It certainly does, but- as before- I haven't got round to it yet. Maybe when summer's over and we're back in routine.

If Mika's inspired my to do one thing....it's just to DO IT!

Of course he's "made" me do all sorts of other things too...the rascal!!! :wink2::roftl::roftl:

So......there's no time like the present....

plus I found the megga orchestral staff paper ( 20 inches by 11 inch book of staff paper)! i don't have a proper programme so once done I will take a pic and do it as a jpg..the breaking down of Any Other World.

if anyone would like to have my back ground for Karoake purposes let me know!