Yearbook: LAYOUT DESIGN TEAMS!

MIKA, run along now if you are here! Not for your eyes!... YET!

Official yearbook thread: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15696

LAYOUT TEAM:

BonjourMika

Mozarella

IngievV

Guineverer

Ju ju lea

Akateisakate

lollipop_monkey

The sections are: not including timeline

Memories

The Lollipop Girl Chronicles

How Mika Changed My Life: Stories from around the world

ART

POETRY

STRICTLY PICTURES: Meeting mika; meeting mfc members; wacky dressing

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey peeps!

Okay, there's no nice way to say this, so I'm just going to be blunt. :blush-anim-cl:

Please don't sign up for layout unless you have a bit of experience with layout/desktop publishing, and access to some sort of relevant software. I don't mean to exclude anyone - really! - but for this to come together into a Mika-worthy masterpiece, we need to put the right people in the right jobs.

If you've never done layout, don't fret! You can write a poem, write a message, share a memory, draw something, submit pictures - really, the list is endless!

Thanks - you may now return to your regularly scheduled program. :thumb_yello:

Hey peeps!

Okay, there's no nice way to say this, so I'm just going to be blunt. :blush-anim-cl:

Please don't sign up for layout unless you have a bit of experience with layout/desktop publishing, and access to some sort of relevant software. I don't mean to exclude anyone - really! - but for this to come together into a Mika-worthy masterpiece, we need to put the right people in the right jobs.

If you've never done layout, don't fret! You can write a poem, write a message, share a memory, draw something, submit pictures - really, the list is endless!

Thanks - you may now return to your regularly scheduled program. :thumb_yello:

I have helped in designing a two page layout for my school's yearbook, does that count? i don't have a desktop publishing software, but i do have adobe photoshop... well, i do hope i'll be able to help anyway! : )

I've got lots of experience. :biggrin2: I did this whole yearbook for my performing arts high school, and i was the layout whore of my high school newspaper (Including spreads). I love layout! I don't have Indesign access, but I have other stuffs.

Yay!

Are we picking sections and doing it that way? I'd like to do perhaps either the Art section or Lollipop Girl, if we're dividing up sections. But I'm down with anything of course. I think I have ideas for the LG one. :mf_lustslow: Even if I'm supremely jeaulous after my history with Lollipop Girl. :naughty:

I've got lots of experience. :biggrin2: I did this whole yearbook for my performing arts high school, and i was the layout whore of my high school newspaper (Including spreads). I love layout! I don't have Indesign access, but I have other stuffs.

Yay!

Are we picking sections and doing it that way? I'd like to do perhaps either the Art section or Lollipop Girl, if we're dividing up sections. But I'm down with anything of course. I think I have ideas for the LG one. :mf_lustslow: Even if I'm supremely jeaulous after my history with Lollipop Girl. :naughty:

if we divide sections there wouldn't be a consistency in the design though..

I meant section by section, I'm not sure if that's what you mean. I don't know what Melanie wants. IMHO, it would be even less consistent it we did sections half and half or page by page. At least the sections would just look different. the first way instead of back and forth. Either way, with 6 people, the styles are all going to be different.

Like I said, whatever's good with me, I just wanted to mention a preference if we were to do it that way. :naughty: I didn't mean to be a troublemaker. :roftl:

I meant section by section, I'm not sure if that's what you mean. I don't know what Melanie wants. IMHO, it would be even less consistent it we did sections half and half or page by page. At least the sections would just look different. the first way instead of back and forth. Either way, with 6 people, the styles are all going to be different.

Like I said, whatever's good with me, I just wanted to mention a preference if we were to do it that way. :naughty: I didn't mean to be a troublemaker. :roftl:

oh alright, i see what you mean now, yeah its more logical if we do it separately, since its alot of work - well, we can discuss the ideas over here to try to make things consistent, so here's what i think:

in the PM mel sent to us, the main theme of this year's yearbook is:

*The theme of the book, besides the year 2008 is “How Much Do We Love You Mika?” The reason behind this is basically that this was the first glimpse of the second album we got, and we all found ourselves answering his question with “OMG! You have no idea how much I love you!”

and from what it seems from the developments in the front cover discussion thread, the theme would be something along the lines of how mika has spread his influence globally and he unites many people from all over the world with his music?

so i guess we can work out a consistent theme for the layout pages from this themes - and make each section unique with individual responsibilities for each section

MIKA, run along now if you are here! Not for your eyes!... YET!

Official yearbook thread: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15696

LAYOUT TEAM:

BonjourMika

Mozarella

IngievV

Guineverer

Ju ju lea

Akateisakate

The sections are: not including timeline

Memories

The Lollipop Girl Chronicles

How Mika Changed My Life: Stories from around the world

ART

POETRY

STRICTLY PICTURES: Meeting mika; meeting mfc members; wacky dressing

I could think of something with the poetry sections! Maybe a papyrus look... what do you think?

Hey guys!! Well, I don't know much about layout design or the information that is gonna be shown for each poem... so far this is all I got for the "Poetry Section" Just he background and the fonts

Copiadepapelviejocopiacopia.jpg

Any directions about what should I be doing??

What I was thinking, maybe just a crazy idea, but considering the whole new theme Mika has going on, we could also do something in circus theme maybe?

thats a good idea, because then it'll correspond with the general direction the cover teams taking on right now - a sort of circus-y theme combined with How Much Do We Love You :)

thats a good idea, because then it'll correspond with the general direction the cover teams taking on right now - a sort of circus-y theme combined with How Much Do We Love You :)

Yups that's what I thought:punk:

bump!

:D

this is the main idea for the cover design:

lecirquedemikasketchxn1.jpg

as mentioned earlier, its taking on a circus theme, so i think this might give a brief idea of the direction we're heading.

So we should start dividing up the layout sections to individual people, so comment back with your desired section, then we can continue discussing on the overall design?