2008 - REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS OF MIKA @ Westerpark - Amsterdam

Christine

Jups, 3 gigs and the last one was my lucky day:roftl:

I have seen him six times and met him after the second and the sixth ones. It's becoming harder to meet him. :thumbdown:

By the way, I remember seeing you in a queue for one of the gigs in London, but didn't recognize you back then, I just found out afterwards that it was you. Next time we'll have to meet! :)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't know what is posted in the meantime (just got home) but here are some pictures I took...

Also have some videos but since Niki & Sariflor (I think?) filmed almost everything I don't know if I need to bother to upload them.. I will see tomorrow :wink2:

Don't pay too much attention on the message on the pictures. I just want to have a little bit of control over them, but I don't mind if they are placed in other threads orso, so you don't have to ask me that (just use them the way they are, do not cut off anything please :bleh:). For other things you can just send me a PM, don't know if the pictures are good enough to be used for something else :roftl:

The pictures are not that good, some are blurry orso, but I still post them because I like his facial expression on that pictures or things like that :original:

IMG_3523-border.jpg

IMG_3524-border.jpg

IMG_3528-border.jpg

I have seen him six times and met him after the second and the sixth ones. It's becoming harder to meet him. :thumbdown:

By the way, I remember seeing you in a queue for one of the gigs in London, but didn't recognize you back then, I just found out afterwards that it was you. Next time we'll have to meet! :)

its not becoming harder we just have to become more determined and not give into the nasty security guards :P

to be honest i really think mika enjoys meeting all his fans and he does make and effort when he meets us :wub2:

Just finished reading this thread-it took me a while but it was worth it...thanks for those great reports, brilliant pictures and amazing videos. :wub2:

God I really wish I could go to any of his summer gigs (especially Madrid). Too bad it won't happen.:crybaby:

Bienie, these pics are great!

Is that my head in the way ? :roftl:

Don't think it's your head, you were standing on the left and this picture is taken when he was on the catwalk, so ..:wink2:

How did your videos turned out?

Have missed 20 pages orso, so I don't know :blush-anim-cl: (will read everything though, when I have some time :roftl:)

Definately!:thumb_yello:

So I guess I'll start a report then (I know how to use colorz,I'm cool like that)

I'll just start with the gig morning,and leave out the debating the night before on what time we should get there.Needless to say,Neeve and myself,being the rational creatures that we are,managed to delay it a bit

So then,8 am,alarm clock rings. Mine of course,Vanessa and Die Iriz didn't set any reminder,even if there was a 4am awakening planned

We wake up our poor roomies,they must have loved it,and get ready to go to the venue...we eventually get there 2 hours later and fascinatingly enough,there were campers already :huh: I never will understand it,especially since Amsterdam is so bloody cold and wet. It's basically screwing up your health...

Anyway,first whore in sight is the one and only Ingweed who is truly hard core...or maybe just very dutch,because she enjoyed herself 2 hours in the rain while us,weak fold were having coffee inside

2 hours later,we had sunshine,and I have to say,the queue was the best so far,even if it was for...6 hours (I think)

Could have been better without the very civilized folk that decided to just go for the "Feck you approach" ...they may have gotten a better response had they moved their asses when they actually opened the gates not come up to Rose and I and just say "F*ck off,this is our spot" for reasons I cannot understand,especially since Rose was trying her best to have a civilized conversation. You know loves,it ain't our fault you didn't understand english,no need to get violent tho,they have dictionaries.

Kudos to the finnish gals who were nice like that :thumb_yello:

Anyway,we eventually ended up on the left side,with normal people,such as Sariflor,greta,violetsky,violet_sky :naughty:,mariposa,vanessa...and a lot of really civilized folk. That side really was the greatest,thank you for having that extra respect that is missing

John had come out to give wristbands,that turned out to didn't be all that valuable,they just got you free drinks. But it also got me the status of "oh you work for Mojo!" "... yes,I work for Mika"

As I said,the queue was really great,thank God the sun came out at one point and stayed there.

They opened the gates at 6pm and everyone around me got first row :punk:

Was really good actually,there was really little pushing. From that point,it was the best gig so far.

Sam Sparro was wicked,he just doesn't have the proper legs to wear leggins,but he has the most amazing voice. He sounds fabulous live

Now the second support act...it was the most painful half an hour...

I suppose the girl that had matching dress and underwear was there as plan B. If the music sucks,you have the girl gliding on the microphone... she kinda was outta voice.

And then Mika,yes Mika! The stage was a tad too high up,but the view was really good,just that I missed Martin *shniff*

It was actually the first time I was on Cherisse's side and loved it. That drumming is what it's all about :thumb_yello:

The action pretty much happened on our side,to my surprise, Holy Johny shifted to the right too,so we kinda had all the good stuff :naughty:

What can I say...I wasn't convinced by Sunshine,and I was missing Luke,basically because the guy with Grey Skelly broke the thing's arm while hitting Mika...or doing some painful activity like that

I have to say,I like the new version of "Relax" that they did at the end

Saranayde looked stunning! She was putting her soul into getting the crowd hyper,she's amazing.And Cherisse had the best hair! I was so tempted to touch it after the gig :naughty:

Ok....after-gig report and pics to come

Don't think it's your head, you were standing on the left and this picture is taken when he was on the catwalk, so ..:wink2:

How did your videos turned out?

Have missed 20 pages orso, so I don't know :blush-anim-cl: (will read everything though, when I have some time :roftl:)

Good lol !

They turned out quite good, altho uploading them ruins the quality a bit.

Here's the latest, My Interpretation with Mika and his piano lessons :naughty:

The rest is on the same account, and more's coming

First vids (I almost have the whole gig on video so it might take a while before they're all on there :naughty:)

Rain (complete) :wub2:

LT drum solo:

I just can't get enough (complete) :wub2:

Sorry for Youtube ruined the cover... I'll upload it on daily motion again later. The sound ain't too bad tho.

Fantastc videos, great quality. The cover is superb and Sam is just :wub2:

id love to know where he gets his animal costumes, i reemember seeing him on an interview saying he rents them out then returns them, they must be making alot of money off of him hahaha imagine gettin a tiger outfit knowing that he has worn it

So I guess I'll start a report then (I know how to use colorz,I'm cool like that)

I'll just start with the gig morning,and leave out the debating the night before on what time we should get there.Needless to say,Neeve and myself,being the rational creatures that we are,managed to delay it a bit

So then,8 am,alarm clock rings. Mine of course,Vanessa and Die Iriz didn't set any reminder,even if there was a 4am awakening planned

We wake up our poor roomies,they must have loved it,and get ready to go to the venue...we eventually get there 2 hours later and fascinatingly enough,there were campers already :huh: I never will understand it,especially since Amsterdam is so bloody cold and wet. It's basically screwing up your health...

Anyway,first whore in sight is the one and only Ingweed who is truly hard core...or maybe just very dutch,because she enjoyed herself 2 hours in the rain while us,weak fold were having coffee inside

2 hours later,we had sunshine,and I have to say,the queue was the best so far,even if it was for...6 hours (I think)

Could have been better without the very civilized folk that decided to just go for the "Feck you approach" ...they may have gotten a better response had they moved their asses when they actually opened the gates not come up to Rose and I and just say "F*ck off,this is our spot" for reasons I cannot understand,especially since Rose was trying her best to have a civilized conversation. You know loves,it ain't our fault you didn't understand english,no need to get violent tho,they have dictionaries.

Kudos to the finnish gals who were nice like that :thumb_yello:

Anyway,we eventually ended up on the left side,with normal people,such as Sariflor,greta,violetsky,violet_sky :naughty:,mariposa,vanessa...and a lot of really civilized folk. That side really was the greatest,thank you for having that extra respect that is missing

John had come out to give wristbands,that turned out to didn't be all that valuable,they just got you free drinks. But it also got me the status of "oh you work for Mojo!" "... yes,I work for Mika"

As I said,the queue was really great,thank God the sun came out at one point and stayed there.

They opened the gates at 6pm and everyone around me got first row :punk:

Was really good actually,there was really little pushing. From that point,it was the best gig so far.

Sam Sparro was wicked,he just doesn't have the proper legs to wear leggins,but he has the most amazing voice. He sounds fabulous live

Now the second support act...it was the most painful half an hour...

I suppose the girl that had matching dress and underwear was there as plan B. If the music sucks,you have the girl gliding on the microphone... she kinda was outta voice.

And then Mika,yes Mika! The stage was a tad too high up,but the view was really good,just that I missed Martin *shniff*

It was actually the first time I was on Cherisse's side and loved it. That drumming is what it's all about :thumb_yello:

The action pretty much happened on our side,to my surprise, Holy Johny shifted to the right too,so we kinda had all the good stuff :naughty:

What can I say...I wasn't convinced by Sunshine,and I was missing Luke,basically because the guy with Grey Skelly broke the thing's arm while hitting Mika...or doing some painful activity like that

I have to say,I like the new version of "Relax" that they did at the end

Saranayde looked stunning! She was putting her soul into getting the crowd hyper,she's amazing.And Cherisse had the best hair! I was so tempted to touch it after the gig :naughty:

Ok....after-gig report and pics to come

im sorry sweetheart but wheres the part where you were graced with my presence and the dirty teddies or is the that the 18+ version of what happened :P

im sorry sweetheart but wheres the part where you were graced with my presence and the dirty teddies or is the that the 18+ version of what happened :P

would you really reveal intimate details of the creatures like that? I say we just post a pic :roftl:

Good lol !

They turned out quite good, altho uploading them ruins the quality a bit.

Here's the latest, My Interpretation with Mika and his piano lessons :naughty:

The rest is on the same account, and more's coming

Will watch them tomorrow, my laptop isn't working with me at the moment :thumbdown: Too much Mika I think :roftl:

Maybe I'm just both:naughty: Lovely meeting you Uhno-ana