2008 - REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS OF MIKA @ Westerpark - Amsterdam

Christine

Some people can't help themselves Ingie, I think. At least it didn't turn out like Brixton, where he couldn't breathe for people crowding him and following him.

It shows. In the end it seemed like it was going to turn out like Brixton when people would almost jump on him but they took him away right in time. And they did follow him, just not in the same amount because most people remained seated.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's a good job I never ever want a picture taken with me and Meeks together... cos' I'm a big girl... I hate me in picutes... I just like taking them of other people... So I would have been cool with that... I remember one time meeting Alex and Nick from Franz... they made me have a picture taken with them - and not just of them... they refused point blank me just taking a picture of them... I really really didn't want it either :lmfao:

Sure enough I have those pics... But have cropped myself out of them... :)

I'd only end up doing that with Mika again anyway... he's far more photogenic then me... :wink2:

Sorry Niki, I haven't read the whole saga, but no pics with Mika and don't talk to him! So the what was the purpose of the meet and greet?

Just to take pictures from afar? Weird! :naughty:

I can see what you mean, but I was there and the way I saw it was: there were A LOT of people waiting, hoping to meet him, like really quite a lot. He didn't have to do anything: it was a horrible night in terms of weather, but he still made the effort to meet the people who waited in the rain for him. You could tell from his face that he was exhausted, his throat was bothering him and he looked up every now and again to see how many more people there were...BUT he kept smiling and made sure he met every person, even if it was just a quick handshake and a "hi" (which is what i got, but I was still thrilled!). So (most) people didn't get a pic with him, no one got an autograph, but every person there still got to meet him. In my opinion, that's a big effort he put in, when he didn't have to. :wink2::thumb_yello:

It shows. In the end it seemed like it was going to turn out like Brixton when people would almost jump on him but they took him away right in time. And they did follow him, just not in the same amount because most people remained seated.

Well that's an improvement in manners from Brixton anyway. Seems like these things need to be better organised. Sometimes I wonder if we ask too much of him?

It's a good job I never ever want a picture taken with me and Meeks together... cos' I'm a big girl... I hate me in picutes... I just like taking them of other people... :

Oh, I'm exactly like you in that respect Laurel, in fact I once told him I didn't want a picture when he offered. :naughty:

As I said, most of them almost forced him too.

Yes, I hadn't read your post when I posted mine (my laptop is too slow at the moment for this kind of things :roftl:) but that explains it all.. And now you mentioned it, it seemed like those people were I was talking about were a bit too much ... (wich doesn't surprise me, they weren't nice the whole day :thumbdown:).

Sorry Niki, I haven't read the whole saga, but no pics with Mika and don't talk to him! So the what was the purpose of the meet and greet?

Just to take pictures from afar? Weird! :naughty:

Yes .. and shake his hand :mf_rosetinted:

Yes, I hadn't read your post when I posted mine (my laptop is too slow at the moment for this kind of things :roftl:) but that explains it all.. And now you mentioned it, it seemed like those people were I was talking about were a bit too much ... (wich doesn't surprise me, they weren't nice the whole day :thumbdown:).

He seemed very annoyed at a certain point, rolling his eyes. But many don't care. Most see it as a me, me, me situation and they feel like they have the right to get everything from him. He doesn't owe us anything. He didn't have to do this all. It shows that actually he does care about his fans but if people keep behaving like they did, mobbing him in the end etc. these things will end.

Oh, I'm exactly like you in that respect Laurel, in fact I once told him I didn't want a picture when he offered. :naughty:

I really would too... the only reason the Franz pictures got done was because Fans who were there too were saying I'd regret it if I didn't have them taken as they were happy for me to do it... they couldn't understand I really really didn't want them... :naughty:

They just kept on at me which I wasn't that happy about... :thumbdown:

Please If you ever do see me in a Mika Meet and Greet - don't do that to me lol.... I won't appreciate it... and will refuse yet again... :bleh:

He seemed very annoyed at a certain point, rolling his eyes. But many don't care. Most see it as a me, me, me situation and they feel like they have the right to get everything from him. He doesn't owe us anything. He didn't have to do this all. It shows that actually he does care about his fans but if people keep behaving like they did, mobbing him in the end etc. these things will end.

It could have been at that point .. can't be sure because I was on the other side of the room, couldn't see it very clearly .. But if it was at that point I understand him .. those people annoyed me too :blush-anim-cl::roftl:

But yes, people should be less sellfish in this kind of situations (not reffering to anyone personal :wink2:) because otherwise there won't be this kind of situations in the future anymore :thumbdown:

I went in there thrilled to see him and with the thought of getting an autograph .. that didn't happen .. not the best thing that could happen, but so? .. Still glad that I was there :wub2:

yeh i was sitting at work today and i just got a flood of guilt on me, like i felt guilty about the whole thing and bad, i mean he was sik with his sore throat yet instead of going back to his bus to rest he went to see his fans

and i still feel guilty bout the whole thing like i didnt deserve it since he was sick and shouldve been resting

It could have been at that point .. can't be sure because I was on the other side of the room, couldn't see it very clearly .. But if it was at that point I understand him .. those people annoyed me too :blush-anim-cl::roftl:

But yes, people should be less sellfish in this kind of situations (not reffering to anyone personal :wink2:) because otherwise there won't be this kind of situations in the future anymore :thumbdown:

I went in there thrilled to see him and with the thought of getting an autograph .. that didn't happen .. not the best thing that could happen, but so? .. Still glad that I was there :wub2:

I went in not caring about autographs (I have one already) or pictures (I looked like sh*t anyway) The only thing I wanted to know is if he had gotten my award and if he liked it. That was all. I was glad he made time to really talk to me even though I hardly said anything back and that he seemed concerned about my icecube-impersonation. He should've rested yes, but we were told he wouldn't talk and it was his own decision to do so. He's just too nice.

I know reading this thread alot of people were saying he took photo's in the Meet and Greet with the Lollipop Girls... and that he shouldn't have because they'd probably already got them done earlier in the day... :thumbdown:

Hate to say your right I'm afraid... They were from Mikasounds Forum...

This is one of them....

I'm sure If she got one earlier the other two must have... he normally does that doesn't he...

He looks nice in it though :wub2:

x2vrlz.jpg

Don't think they should have asked him again really... wasn't really fair... :boxed:

I went in not caring about autographs (I have one already) or pictures (I looked like sh*t anyway) The only thing I wanted to know is if he had gotten my award and if he liked it. That was all. I was glad he made time to really talk to me even though I hardly said anything back and that he seemed concerned about my icecube-impersonation. He should've rested yes, but we were told he wouldn't talk and it was his own decision to do so. He's just too nice.

Finally I'll bloody remember to ask... what was your award for him about... I don't know anything about it... :bleh:

I know reading this thread alot of people were saying he took photo's in the Meet and Greet with the Lollipop Girls... and that he shouldn't have because they'd probably already got them done earlier in the day... :thumbdown:

Hate to say your right I'm afraid... They were from Mikasounds Forum...

This is one of them....

I'm sure If she got one earlier the other two must have... he normally does that doesn't he...

He looks nice in it though :wub2:

x2vrlz.jpg

Don't think they should have asked him again really... wasn't really fair... :boxed:

I agree with that. But I'll just categorize them under "rubbing the camera in his face":naughty:

Not blaming them or anything. But if you have your pic you should be just glad and give others a chance. The lollipop girls did chase him around the room as well as a matter of fact.

yeh i was sitting at work today and i just got a flood of guilt on me, like i felt guilty about the whole thing and bad, i mean he was sik with his sore throat yet instead of going back to his bus to rest he went to see his fans

and i still feel guilty bout the whole thing like i didnt deserve it since he was sick and shouldve been resting

I did not go to see if there was a meet and greet, the gig was good enough for me, sam sparro was rockin, mika was brixton but bigger and colder, the whole journey from home to home was brill, with lots of adventures along the way, and met lots of nice people, enjoyed messing around with complete strangers and having a laugh.

got to say was not too keen on the new guy, but like any newcomer there has to be a settling in period, cherisse rocks, martin was in front of us and he appeared to enjoy himself, never had any hassles, though I did leave with a sore throat as well as mika, i never got any sympathy

I did not go to see if there was a meet and greet, the gig was good enough for me, sam sparro was rockin, mika was brixton but bigger and colder, the whole journey from home to home was brill, with lots of adventures along the way, and met lots of nice people, enjoyed messing around with complete strangers and having a laugh.

got to say was not too keen on the new guy, but like any newcomer there has to be a settling in period, cherisse rocks, martin was in front of us and he appeared to enjoy himself, never had any hassles, though I did leave with a sore throat as well as mika, i never got any sympathy

just got to say foreign gigs are better than home gigs due to the travel fun along the way

I dont feel like getting into this discussion but i feel it was Mika's choice that he wanted to have a posed picture with a few of the people during the meet and greet, he is free to do what he wants when he wants.

He was exhausted, give him a break...he is only human.

Personally i think everyone there should be grateful he took some of his precious time to come out and greet everyone and take everything extra (like a posed picture of a small chat) as it is: SOMETHING EXTRA.

It was clear from the beginning it would not happen.

I can understand some dissapointment but it is childish to completely freak out about a thing like this.

In the end there are little artists that care so much about their fans that they meet up with them after nearly every concert.

I have waited days outside Michael Jacksons hotel in the past just to be wafed at from a car, i personally thought it was great that we only had to wait like one hour and that he shook hands with everyone in the room.

I will treasure this expierience.

Finally I'll bloody remember to ask... what was your award for him about... I don't know anything about it... :bleh:

Hahaha, I made him this nice award in the shape of a microphone it said, with a beautiful mistake: MFC Award for Most Incredible Know Artist:roftl:

He's a bad dyslectic, he spotted it right away:mf_rosetinted:

But it was just to show my appreciation for all the good stuff he does. Guess I like living in a world of bunnies and smiling suns.:naughty:

l_7f40538bafedc83f38835d45b30014da.jpg

Couldn't find the pic without moi:roftl:

I dont feel like getting into this discussion but i feel it was Mika's choice that he wanted to have a posed picture with a few of the people during the meet and greet, he is free to do what he wants when he wants.

He was exhausted, give him a break...he is only human.

Personally i think everyone there should be grateful he took some of his precious time to come out and greet everyone and take everything extra (like a posed picture of a small chat) as it is: SOMETHING EXTRA.

It was clear from the beginning it would not happen.

I can understand some dissapointment but it is childish to completely freak out about a thing like this.

In the end there are little artists that care so much about their fans that they meet up with them after nearly every concert.

I have waited days outside Michael Jacksons hotel in the past just to be wafed at from a car, i personally thought it was great that we only had to wait like one hour and that he shook hands with everyone in the room.

I will treasure this expierience.

Agreed:punk:

Hahaha, I made him this nice award in the shape of a microphone it said, with a beautiful mistake: MFC Award for Most Incredible Know Artist:roftl:

But it was just to show my appreciation for all the good stuff he does. Guess I like living in a world of bunnies and smiling suns.

l_7f40538bafedc83f38835d45b30014da.jpg

Couldn't find the pic without moi:roftl:

:thumb_yello:

Ahhhh now I know .... :bleh: should go on the mantlepiece with his Ivor... :wink2:

But it was just to show my appreciation for all the good stuff he does. Guess I like living in a world of bunnies and smiling suns.:naughty:

Oh yes, I was wondering if he would notice the mistake or not :naughty:

What did he say about it?

Oh yes, I was wondering if he would notice the mistake or not :naughty:

What did he say about it?

Bienie .... stop posting ... everytime I see your sig I end up watching your vids again... back in a mo...

*Actually scrub that - I really really don't mind*

:blush-anim-cl: