Mama Mia The Movie/ Abba

Queenie87

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah your not kidding about prices for cinema tickets. It's ridiculous nowadays!

I'm glad your friend liked it. I would love to see the musical performed live :cool:

that'd be really awsome! when i was in ny. i got to see spamalot and wicked! they were amazing, and my parents are goin next week and going to see The young Frankenstien,,...and i might be goin this year with my art history class, and i also might get a chance spring break too:punk:

That's really cool! I've become interested in Wicked! recently. I've never actually seen it, but looking at footage on youtube it sounds really good. Especially that 'Defying Gravity' song.

haha yea it was amazing voices! have you read the book? just a warning it is def. R rated:bleh: i thought it was going to be like a little kids book , like wizard of oz, and was surprised at some parts....but theyplay is very much PG rated:naughty:

That's really cool! I've become interested in Wicked! recently. I've never actually seen it, but looking at footage on youtube it sounds really good. Especially that 'Defying Gravity' song.

Ohhh, Wicked is awesome! (the soundtrack, anyways. :naughty:)

My 2 favorite song are Popular and Defying Gravity. :)

Anyone going to or seen Mama Mia The Movie? Or even seen the musical? And what are your thoughts on it?

I'm going to see it on Friday and can't wait! :roftl:

i was just thinking about starting a mama mia thread!! i really wanna c it thid friday, but i have to go to bed at like 9 friday, so i might go saturday!

I've seen the musical, which I loved, and now my boyfriend is taking me to see the movie tomorrow. Im SO excited! :wub2:

Aww cool! You'll have to tell us your what you think of the movie in comparison to the film :cool:

I just got back from the movie, and it was a-ma-zing! :mf_rosetinted:

I loved the stage version, but the movie is even better! I was surprised by Pierce Brosnans singing voice! It was SO wrong, that it was good at the same time :lol3: Julie Walters rocked. Period. She stole every scene she played in!

Aaahhh.. It was GREAT!! Really, if you loves the stage version, you will LOVE the movie! :wub2:

I want to see it again!

Anyone going to or seen Mama Mia The Movie? Or even seen the musical? And what are your thoughts on it?

yay, i'm going to see it on Friday as well:naughty: I'm soo excited and it is coming to Cleveland on stage in August and I'm going to see that one as well:thumb_yello:

I just got back from the movie, and it was a-ma-zing! :mf_rosetinted:

I loved the stage version, but the movie is even better! I was surprised by Pierce Brosnans singing voice! It was SO wrong, that it was good at the same time :lol3: Julie Walters rocked. Period. She stole every scene she played in!

Aaahhh.. It was GREAT!! Really, if you loves the stage version, you will LOVE the movie! :wub2:

I want to see it again!

that's awsome. now i reaaaally wanna see it:bleh:

Finally got to see Mama Mia :wub2: I loved it! I really want to see the stage version now. Be great to hear the songs live. When watching the film at times I was wanting to clap like it was a stage production cos it was that good. :thumb_yello:

I know what Zahara meant about Pierce Brosnans voice :naughty: But they all did great.

Yes it was amazing! It has that girl who was Karen in Mean Girls in it! :wink2:

I loved Dancing Queen and Take A Chance on me:roftl:. They were the best scenes.

I enjoyed it, even though I wasn't there when ABBA were still together, I still <3 their songs! :wub2:

MAMMA MIA

Saw the musical some years ago at the National Theater, Washington, D.C.

I took my grown son and daughter to see it along with their spouses at that time.

As I remember, it was enjoyable.

Just returned from seeing the movie with my daughter tonight.

http://www.mammamiamovie.com/

I really enjoyed it--think it was very joyful, light-hearted and HIGHLY entertaining.

(I think I may have liked it a little more than my daughter did.)

What I most want to say is--

GOOD ON MERYL STREEP.

I'm a real fan of hers. I always see whatever she's in.

Thought she was amazing.

My daughter told me she had read some reviews that really panned

the singing of one of the three "fathers."

I don't know if the reviews influenced the audience,

but at the screening we saw

some of the the audience were laughing at most of his singing.

[i'll let you decide if that's warranted when you see it for yourselves!]

Tom Hanks & Rita Wilson are two of the five Executive Producers!

i've seen them both and i have to say i loved the musical so much! i didn't enjoy the movie as much as i enjoyed the musical.