havent gotten email

foalbaby14

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think this is a issue. i signed up, never got a email to get activated, (i checked spam, still nothing) waited two weeks, logged on again, saw fmbm had sent me a hi PM, told her my account wasnt activated and she fowarded it onto a mod.

i'm not sure but i think this is around the time mika brought the forum and it went down for a couple days??!! so maybe that was it.

although my friend tried to join recently i think her username is little miss no-one and she hasn't been activated yet...

could a mod explain the activating system? how does it work? when you're new you don't really know what to do. a flying monkey tree is lucky she had foalbaby14 to fix up athe situation for her.

i think this is a issue. i signed up, never got a email to get activated, (i checked spam, still nothing) waited two weeks, logged on again, saw fmbm had sent me a hi PM, told her my account wasnt activated and she fowarded it onto a mod.

i'm not sure but i think this is around the time mika brought the forum and it went down for a couple days??!! so maybe that was it.

although my friend tried to join recently i think her username is little miss no-one and she hasn't been activated yet...

could a mod explain the activating system? how does it work? when you're new you don't really know what to do. a flying monkey tree is lucky she had foalbaby14 to fix up athe situation for her.

There is a sticky thread on this subject here:

http://mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15214

I don't know how else to make newbies aware of the problem...

It's been an issue for some time, and will continue to be until we

move servers again... which we may do at some point down the road.

If you know of someone whose

account hasn't been activated yet,

have them PM me and I'll manually activate the account.

dcdeb

Yes fair call , the normal system is that you join then an email is sent to your email address where you can activate ... that was the old server.

Ill get with Andrew and look into it , but it really does need solving.

Its not the best method for growing the MFC :boxed:

• 4 weeks later...
BUMP!:mf_rosetinted:

well the same case here so i thought instead of making a new thread i'd report it here! my friend said she's registered last night but she got no email from MFC to activate her account and her username was meant to be : Cool Cat

OK, I'll look into it -- if this happens to anyone else, or your friends,

please PM a mod to sort it out for you! :thumb_yello:

Thanks,

dcdeb

PS I'm moving this thread to General Chin Wagging so everyone can see it -- if you've

registered but haven't gotten your activation email yet, please send me a PM and

we'll get you straightened out! :)