The Australian Thread: Part Seventeen

Rainbow Sky

You are seriously lucky OkD...

And I would probably do the same thing :naughty:

I know! :biggrin2: And it must be working if he could stalk me via it.

Kick his arse or trick me? :tears:

I hereby officially allow you to kick his butt for being like this after thanking him for giving you back your camera.

Will :sneaky2::naughty:

Paul is having fun, innit?

He most definately is, you know?

*wonders why no one else has commented on her signature*

*wonders if anyone else is subscribed to the Evermore newsletter and agrees that their's is 400x better than Mika's crap*

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't :crybaby:

But I do :naughty: I was stalking his page (he obviously stalked mine first :smth: ) and he was having a fight with a friend, his friend proved that she was right and he was wrong and said something like "I win, you loose" and then his comeback was "the person that spells lose as 'loose' is the ultimate loser" :lmfao:

:lmfao: A PEDANT as well !! :sneaky2: or perhaps ... :das: ... ??

OKD ... I've just thought of a 'come back' for you to send him ..... interested ??? :das::naughty:

Of course, what is it?? :das:

Hello, Australians,

just wanted to say hi,

I just VOTED!!!

this is a very exciting day, the whole city of Chicago feels electric!!!!

Hello!

Very exciting!

We don't get nearly as excited about voting over here :naughty:

Who did you vote for?

Of course, what is it?? :das:

Hello!

Very exciting!

We don't get nearly as excited about voting over here :naughty:

Who did you vote for?

Obama , of course!

5 minutes after I voted, they showed him live on TV voting on the South Side of Chicago (I'm on North Side)!!!!!

our Sociology teacher says Australians get fined if they DON'T vote, is that true?

Obama , of course!

5 minutes after I voted, they showed him live on TV voting on the South Side of Chicago (I'm on North Side)!!!!!

our Sociology teacher says Australians get fined if they DON'T vote, is that true?

Oh good, that's who I would've voted for too. That other guy is old and that girl with him tries too hard :naughty:

Yes, that is very true :boxed: My brother got fined like 3 times in a row because he kept forgetting. He doesnt forget anymore :no:

Oh good, that's who I would've voted for too. That other guy is old and that girl with him tries too hard :naughty:

Yes, that is very true :boxed: My brother got fined like 3 times in a row because he kept forgetting. He doesnt forget anymore :no:

so many people here get lazy about it, halfway through the day, if it looks like their guy is winning, they just figure 'why bother' and don't vote at all!

but this year there has been an incredible turnout, this is the first year they did 'early voting' for Presidential election. For the whole month of October, I could have voted at any one of 50 locations in the city. Of course I was too busy, so on election day you have to go to your specific polling place.

Obama has to win, McCain will just drag this whole country down the drain!

Obama , of course!

YAY Leonita !!! :thumb_yello:

Yes , in Australia , voting is compulsory.

Of course there are ways around it if ppl can't/don't want to ... but, I must admit ... after I heard years ago (maybe 15 yrs.) that only 25% of the American population were active in voting in their government ... I was shocked !!

So ... I'm ok with the law of compulsory voting ! :thumb_yello:

YAY Leonita !!! :thumb_yello:

Yes , in Australia , voting is compulsory.

Of course there are ways around it if ppl can't/don't want to ... but, I must admit ... after I heard years ago (maybe 15 yrs.) that only 25% of the American population were active in voting in their government ... I was shocked !!

So ... I'm ok with the law of compulsory voting ! :thumb_yello:

I know, we get so apathetic, but when your choices are

'abysmal' and ' not that awful'

it's hard to get enthused!

until this year!

the weather sometimes plays a part- if it's miserable , cold, snowy....

but today is unseasonably warm & perfect!

He most definately is, you know?

You know, your signature is ****ing brilliant if I may say so. It is fantastic and I love the video, I love Paul, I love the song, I love everything about it, you know! And I love you for being such a fantastic signature-maker :cheerful_h4h:. BUt you already know this.

*wonders why no one else has commented on her signature*

It's a shame :mad3:.

*wonders if anyone else is subscribed to the Evermore newsletter and agrees that their's is 400x better than Mika's crap*

I did. It's brilliant and SO MUCH better than Mika's! I feel treated like a part of the whole thing :cheerful_h4h:.

Oh we have always had early voting (well, lol, as far as I know, I've only been voting 2 years :naughty:)

I heard about that "not voting because you assume they'll win anyway" thing, actually, the media is much more interested in this american election than it was in ours.

The thing I have against the compulsory voting is that, well, based on the American figure there, 75% of the people voting basically don't care and have little interest/knowledge about politics. Like 10% will just hand in blank or joke votes, but the rest fill it in randomly or based on pretty random things that have very little to do with how they want the country to be run. I would be one of these people, and so are basically all my friends :naughty: And that could easily screw up the vote so people are winning by chance.

You know, your signature is ****ing brilliant if I may say so. It is fantastic and I love the video, I love Paul, I love the song, I love everything about it, you know! And I love you for being such a fantastic signature-maker . BUt you already know this.

It's a shame :mad3:.

:cheerful_h4h:

I did. It's brilliant and SO MUCH better than Mika's! I feel treated like a part of the whole thing :cheerful_h4h:.

The bedroom philosopher has a good one also (completely unrelated to the whole "compulsory musical advertisement" topic, but whatever). It's really long and I usually zone out by the time I get to the blog bit, especially because he like .. broke up with his girlfriend or something and has been all depressed-like in it recently, but the rest is quite hilarious still! You can either google "bedroom philosopher laptopping" or I will just forward the next one to you :naughty:

YES! :lol3:

This is the song: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=n2hvylRmbPA :naughty: (I never noticed it, Petra had to point it out to me )

Woot ! I think I've seen it on Rage before ... :punk:

OKD ... I'm gonna have to give you my version of a witty retort to that 'Slime-on' character tomorrow ... it's getting late, & my hilarious & punchy bite-back has some what dissipated now ! But rest assured ... I'll be back !! :cool::naughty:

(hint; it includes words like slime, arse, law & commerce, poo, suspect , veterinary & matey :lmfao: )

G'night !!! :bye:

Woot ! I think I've seen it on Rage before ...

OKD ... I'm gonna have to give you my version of a witty retort to that 'Slime-on' character tomorrow ... it's getting late, & my hilarious & punchy bite-back has some what dissipated now ! But rest assured ... I'll be back !!

(hint; it includes words like slime, arse, law & commerce, poo, suspect , veterinary & matey )

G'night !!!

But did you notice the hilarious floppy drumsticks? :naughty:

:shocked::lmfao::groovy: Now I simply can not wait!!! :stretcher:

Night! I am going to go and rewrite my speech a bit and then head off too. Have to present it tomorrow!

Aww Teegs :huglove: They are horrible things to get. Make sure you're on the list they call if there's an appt cancellation.

*More hugs*

Wendy :sneaky2::huglove: Hopefully only a few more days and they'll eat weetbix in milk..

:lmfao: If it involves no effort from Mike then I'm sure he's happy about that.

That's only because you've eaten so many. *slap*

*gasp*

Thank you! I don't, but yes, I suppose I could. I really enjoy this style of painting. Clears the mind. I was thinking of going away next weekend and might just come back with a few pieces.

Whattha?? :wub2:

Hurro People!

you have ze gusts :biggrin2: