Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*nudges aussies in attempt to help you*

i don't think they're noticing me...

OMG Artsy...you of all people should know that nudging us will do absolutely nothing....you have to beat us over the head to get our attention :roftl:

I noticed...and no problems :wink2:

Woopee, one state :yay:

What happened to dealing with what life gives you and looking on the bright side?

Or is that principle only acceptable when your side is winning?:bleh:

I guess so. He is pro-gay marriage too -- that's nice :naughty:

I'll keep hoping.

He's pro gay marriage? Since when?:blink:

Have you noticed that no one seems to be unhappy about Obama....funny that....GO OBAMA!:punk:

I'm not sure if there are any Aussies in the thread right now. :wink2:

Sure is!

Anyways, gonna go watch Graham Norton, my favorite GAY host

I love Graham Norton! Nighty night.

umm.. a "sure" would be nice :lol3:

November 15th apparently. I won't be rushing out for it though. And neither will the other Aussie currently posting in here. So, I guess that's why you weren't getting answered on that whilst we were in the midst of this other discussion. *shrug*

you and/or superstar, duh :rolls_eyes:

:wub2: Were you going to drug me and take advantage of me?

And I agree, Obama is a big step in the right direction. I think it'll happen, maybe in 10 years. I doubt it'll happen while so many of the old fashioned mindsets are still alive.. Most people over 50 aren't accepting of Gay relationships. And, in America, they are more likely to vote than the younger generation. Sooooooo... once more younger people start to vote, and more older people stop voting (die) it'll happen. Rotation of opinions.

[/end ramble]

He's not pro-gay marriage but he's pro-civil unions with the same rights as marriage.

That's what I had heard.

And quite frankly, I'd be ok with that. If I had a wife and we got the same benefits and rights as a straight couple, I wouldn't really care if it was called a union or a marriage.

Same difference.:bleh:

Have you noticed that no one seems to be unhappy about Obama....funny that....GO OBAMA!:punk:

Sure is!

I love Graham Norton! Nighty night.

I was talking to one MFC'er who's pro-McCain, and I know of a couple of others, but they're not bitching/ranting about it. Not here, at least. :naughty:

I was talking to one MFC'er who's pro-McCain, and I know of a couple of others, but they're not bitching/ranting about it. Not here, at least. :naughty:

Yes, they're handling it with a great deal of dignity and grace.

I'm as proud of them as I am of McCain. Very well done.:thumb_yello:

He's not pro same-sex marriage but he's pro same-sex civil unions with the same legal rights and recognition as marriage.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could get our a**e into gear here and do something.

November 15th apparently. I won't be rushing out for it though. And neither will the other Aussie currently posting in here. So, I guess that's why you weren't getting answered on that whilst we were in the midst of this other discussion. *shrug*

:wub2: Were you going to drug me and take advantage of me?

And I agree, Obama is a big step in the right direction. I think it'll happen, maybe in 10 years. I doubt it'll happen while so many of the old fashioned mindsets are still alive.. Most people over 50 aren't accepting of Gay relationships. And, in America, they are more likely to vote than the younger generation. Sooooooo... once more younger people start to vote, and more older people stop voting (die) it'll happen. Rotation of opinions.

[/end ramble]

Well even if you did want it....Sanity, HMV and JB are still saying it doesn't exist!

Would anyone need to drug you to take advantage:naughty:

Don't tell my mum that....she had a beauty of a fight with her sister over gay relationships. My cousin "came out" and now you're not even allowed to mention the "G" word in my Aunts presence....so I do it whenever I get the chance beacause it's f***ing ridiculous and I won't put up with that sh!t when I'm around.....which is more or less what mum told her too.

That's what I had heard.

And quite frankly, I'd be ok with that. If I had a wife and we got the same benefits and rights as a straight couple, I wouldn't really care if it was called a union or a marriage.

Good point Artsy...but I still don't think there should be a need for gay couples to settle for a union instead of a marriage.

Those poor buggers will be feeling it but I haven't seen any fighting in the threads yet....but I'd hate to know what they're saying in private:roftl:

We follow America alot.

I like to believe it's not because we're sheep, but because we don't want to dive into the deep end :fisch:

Well even if you did want it....Sanity, HMV and JB are still saying it doesn't exist!

Another reason why on Nov 15th I won't be rushing out to buy it :naughty:

Would anyone need to drug you to take advantage:naughty:

I'd have to drug myself to get myself into a position where someone could drug me to take advantage of me. or smth.

You, on the other hand.........:bleh:

Don't tell my mum that....she had a beauty of a fight with her sister over gay relationships. My cousin "came out" and now you're not even allowed to mention the "G" word in my Aunts presence....so I do it whenever I get the chance beacause it's f***ing ridiculous and I won't put up with that sh!t when I'm around.....which is more or less what mum told her too.

There's still a bit of Homophobia and Racism in areas of my family.. I kinda pissed some of them off when I dated a probably bisexual aboriginal.. :thumb_yello:

That's what I had heard.

I hold the same view. I think it's the legal ramifications - especially those relating to property, benefits, child custody and discrimination - that are most important. I also think that focusing on non-legal matters takes the steam away from civil and human rights arguments.

Good point Artsy...but I still don't think there should be a need for gay couples to settle for a union instead of a marriage.

I don't think that everyone sees it as 'settling'. Yes there are those that want both the name as well as the rights, but if you look at the trend of opposite-sex couples more and more are in domestic arrangements as opposed to marriage so some would argue that the institution of marriage is a dying one and we might as well skip the step of fighting for same-sex marriage and institute civil unions instead.

I think we may be even more behind in Australia, especially since legislation at the Federal level was amended in 2004 to explicitly ban same-sex marriage (and of course the state level cannot be in conflict with the Commonwealth, hooray :sneaky2:). Current and proposed state-based 'same-sex relationship registries' are very inconsistent and don't afford many legal rights, especially on the matter of adoption which still isn't allowed in most states. Both the Rudd administration and the opposition are very strongly opposed and pro gay rights parties like the Greens really don't have that much sway. :thumbdown:

I think that Australia very much looks to the USA for leadership (just look at the Howard-Bush relationship :boxed:) and I guess that's why American politics are important to Australians.

EDIT:

We follow America alot.

I like to believe it's not because we're sheep, but because we don't want to dive into the deep end :fisch:

TP. I think that if the USA takes the lead then Australia may follow, but not before that.

Edited by SuperTwat

We follow America alot.

I like to believe it's not because we're sheep, but because we don't want to dive into the deep end

Well that is true, we don't like to dive into the deep end...I mean we sure took our sweet time saying sorry!

I'd have to drug myself to get myself into a position where someone could drug me to take advantage of me. or smth.

You, on the other hand.........:bleh:

Are you trying to say that I wouldn't have to drug you to take advantage :das: or no one would have to drug me to take advantage :naughty:

There's still a bit of Homophobia and Racism in areas of my family.. I kinda pissed some of them off when I dated a probably bisexual aboriginal.. :thumb_yello:

Ditto and nice one....if I dated an aboriginal period it would kill half of them:wink2:....mum's the youngest of 11 but I'm an only child and it's only been the two of us my whole life so maybe I've influenced her as well *shrugs*

You should have heard the fights I caused over the sorry issue....did not go down well but at least I can say mum is neither homophobic nor racist!

Hi/bye Kelzy and Tanya :huglove:

Silver...right back at ya! :huglove:

Hi HK and Wendi

Wendi: but, but you can't split Poppy and Smudge up. I thought you said my guilt trip was working *folds arms and prepares for tantrum*....seriously though, I hope you're doing ok having to part with them because I imagine you've gotten quite attached to them!

I am very attached to them - and Poppy does tend to look after

little Smudge - but I really can't keep two more dogs - I already

have two!! :tears:

Glad you are doing ok Wendi ... ... but .. but ... Smudge !!!

Agree Tan ... Poppy & Smudge ... Smudge & Poppy ... has a certain 'ring' to it , dontcha' think ??

:sneaky2:

Absolutely has a "ring" to it....you just can't have one without the other

:bonk: It's hard enough for me!!!!!!!!!! :naughty:

Kelzy :sneaky2::wub2:

I am so glad Obama won - and I think he will work well with Gordon

Brown, and bring some stability in this difficult time.

I just wish his Grandmother had lived another few days to see this!! :tears: