The Australian Thread: Part Seventeen

Rainbow Sky

I thought that was why :naughty:

Well BBC America did say something like "America will make a decision that will affect the world..."

No pressure :lol3:

That's so true. I never care who wins any other election anywhere (other than here) in the world. But this matters. So much so that we should get to vote too.. *hmph*

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no he dih-ent!

Texting dishpig. He thinks Prop 8 isn't completely ignorant and pointless.:shocked:

*rubs hands together and prepares for battle*

EDIT*

Correction: Dishpig says it was just a ploy to get me riled up for his amusement.

....I like this guy.:naughty:

Edited by artsyfartsy17

Oh no he dih-ent!

Texting dishpig. He thinks Prop 8 isn't completely ignorant and pointless.:shocked:

*rubs hands together and prepares for battle*

EDIT*

Correction: Dishpig says it was just a ploy to get me riled up for his amusement.

....I like this guy.:naughty:

Kissed him yet? :das:

Kissed him yet? :das:

:lmfao:

You know you're the third person to ask me that today?

No, I haven't. I had the perfect opportunity last night when he walked me home. It was past midnight and cold and we were huddled together on the walk across campus, and then we were at my dorm and no one was around and...I chickened out.:bleh:

Although the same could be said for him.:sneaky2:

:lmfao:

You know you're the third person to ask me that today?

No, I haven't. I had the perfect opportunity last night when he walked me home. It was past midnight and cold and we were huddled together on the walk across campus, and then we were at my dorm and no one was around and...I chickened out.:bleh:

Although the same could be said for him.:sneaky2:

Yeaaahhhh...I know the feeling...*sighs*

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I didn't MQ because I'm too EXCITED BECAUSE OBAMA WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOTUNDERSCOREJUMP AND MANY MORE SMILEYS THAT WON'T WORK WITH CAPS LOCK ON!!

I'm not American yet I'm also SO VERY F*CKING RELIEVED that he won! :yay:

But I'm not happy about how California is swinging in its vote on Prop 8 on same-sex marriage. :thumbdown: ...but the final result is yet to come.

*is probably going to spend the rest of the day glued to news sites*

I'm not American yet I'm also SO VERY F*CKING RELIEVED that he won! :yay:

But I'm not happy about how California is swinging in its vote on Prop 8 on same-sex marriage. :thumbdown: ...but the final result is yet to come.

*is probably going to spend the rest of the day glued to news sites*

Don't get your hopes up. Americans will never be accepting of gay marriage:thumbdown:

Don't get your hopes up. Americans will never be accepting of gay marriage:thumbdown:

In Barack Obama's victory speech:

"Its the answer spoken by young and old, rich and poor, Democrat and Republican, black, white, Latino, Asian, Native American, gay, straight, disabled and not disabled - Americans who sent a message to the world that we have never been a collection of Red States and Blue States: we are, and always will be, the United States of America."

I'm still optimistic. It's a civil rights matter and like in the past with women and people of colour I think the nation will eventually change.

"Its the answer spoken by young and old, rich and poor, Democrat and Republican, black, white, Latino, Asian, Native American, gay, straight, disabled and not disabled - Americans who sent a message to the world that we have never been a collection of Red States and Blue States: we are, and always will be, the United States of America."

I'm still optimistic. It's a civil rights matter and like in the past with women and people of colour I think the nation will eventually change.

Yeah...eventually. I want change now. *whines*:emot-sad:

I loved that part.

You don't consider the election of a president who is clearly pro-gay rights to be 'change now'? It's more than I hoped for in the present at any rate.

I guess so. He is pro-gay marriage too -- that's nice :naughty:

I'll keep hoping.