The Australian Thread: Part Seventeen

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not on your own in that minority!...but I think that's because we don't over analyse everything he does or says...not that I have a problem with people doing that....different strokes for different folks!...We mostly have an opinion and move on...but I do think that some people would be a little intimidated about expressing a negative reaction to it...let's face it, some people do get a bit upset if you say anything negative!

At the moment, it seems like it's a hit (I guess we are in the minority)...apart from OKD who must have a really good looking dad :naughty: I didn't realise there were so many people that didn't like the granny curls though.

I don't like the hair either :thumbdown:

Obama , of course!

5 minutes after I voted, they showed him live on TV voting on the South Side of Chicago (I'm on North Side)!!!!!

our Sociology teacher says Australians get fined if they DON'T vote, is that true?

Ah good ol compulsory voting. Though technically its only compulsory attendance, you have to turn up, get your name marked off and ballot papers. After that your free to throw them in the bin (as some do... which throws the counts off :sneaky2:), not fill them out, or add yourself as a candidate, or try to think of words that are the length of the number of boxes... one year I did there was 4 candidates. A certain 4 letter word starting with F made a few appearances.

Oh we have always had early voting (well, lol, as far as I know, I've only been voting 2 years :naughty:)

I heard about that "not voting because you assume they'll win anyway" thing, actually, the media is much more interested in this american election than it was in ours.

The thing I have against the compulsory voting is that, well, based on the American figure there, 75% of the people voting basically don't care and have little interest/knowledge about politics. Like 10% will just hand in blank or joke votes, but the rest fill it in randomly or based on pretty random things that have very little to do with how they want the country to be run. I would be one of these people, and so are basically all my friends :naughty: And that could easily screw up the vote so people are winning by chance.

:

Thats what the how to vote cards are for :naughty: They are suprisingly effective. Alot of people just take them and follow the numbers

Besides, according to a politics course I took, only about 10-20% of our population (the swing voters, who don't always vote for the same person) actually influence who wins. Then you have the people who do the joke votes/dont vote. But the majority is people who always vote for the same party :wink2:

And now that thats out of the way.... good morning everyone :wink2:

you have ze gusts :biggrin2:

I have wind? :blush-anim-cl:

friends.jpg

I thought that was smth else at first. :roftl: Dirty mind. Must be from talking to Tanya.

one year I did there was 4 candidates. A certain 4 letter word starting with F made a few appearances.

:roftl:

Besides, according to a politics course I took, only about 10-20% of our population (the swing voters, who don't always vote for the same person) actually influence who wins. Then you have the people who do the joke votes/dont vote. But the majority is people who always vote for the same party

I'm a swing voter. :thumb_yello:

And now that thats out of the way.... good morning everyone :wink2:

Good Moroningk Miss Angel.

I have wind? :blush-anim-cl:

I thought that was smth else at first. :roftl: Dirty mind. Must be from talking to Tanya.

I'm a swing voter. :thumb_yello:

Good Moroningk Miss Angel.

So did like 100000 other people :lmfao:

You casually hint for the curls to come back and everyone thinks your posting a photo of a dildo.

PERVERTS.

So did like 100000 other people :lmfao:

You casually hint for the curls to come back and everyone thinks your posting a photo of a dildo.

PERVERTS.

:lmfao: Well, I'd post a photo of a dildo to show the resemblance but I don't think that's such a good idea. :naughty:

Anyway, curls. Yes. Especially when performing. The straight look just doesn't have that "fun" look about it. Though I don't mind it straight. He has a nice enough face to do anything with his hair.. But if you're going to bounce around like a lunatic to Grace Kelly then you need to have untamed hair.

:lmfao: Well, I'd post a photo of a dildo to show the resemblance but I don't think that's such a good idea. :naughty:

Anyway, curls. Yes. Especially when performing. The straight look just doesn't have that "fun" look about it. Though I don't mind it straight. He has a nice enough face to do anything with his hair.. But if you're going to bounce around like a lunatic to Grace Kelly then you need to have untamed hair.

I prefer the curls, with straight hair you realize how skinny he is :blink:

:wub2: love him no matter what...

Hey everyone!

did you ever get the feeling you must have been a serial killer or something in a previous life? I know it's wishing my life away but I can't wait for 2009.

Well, I'd post a photo of a dildo to show the resemblance but I don't think that's such a good idea.

what's a dildo Mistress Kelzy? :angel_not:

:lmfao: oh my god.

Yeah .. no. He's not. The "combed to the side" thing looks completely ridiculous. Every time I see a picture of it I totally crack up.

It was his way of getting you to log in.

Lies. It's his head. But our hair.

Blow it out your a**e girly! I've got the best excuse in the world for not logging in so :bleh:

I can think of other things that I would rather have than his hair:naughty:

I like his natural hair ... un-fake curled ... un-straightened ... just the good ol' jbf look ...

Amen HK!

Maybe not everyone is AS into the Kooks as you guys are ... :smth:

Impossible!....and now I've seen OKD's signature, I think it is most :das:....gotta love those arms then I will move on to his more interesting "bits"!

I don't like the hair either :thumbdown:

I wondered which way you'd swing!

I prefer the curls, with straight hair you realize how skinny he is

:wub2: love him no matter what...

I like the curls when they aren't too curled. Like HK said, the JBF look. :wub2:

I'm a swingvoter too ::thumb_yello:

Good morning Miss (what name are you going by today? :naughty:)

Yay!

I'm Miss JoviVox still *pbs*

did you ever get the feeling you must have been a serial killer or something in a previous life? I know it's wishing my life away but I can't wait for 2009.

Really don't want to meet you now.

what's a dildo Mistress Kelzy? :angel_not:

That thing you hide under your bed.

Blow it out your a**e girly! I've got the best excuse in the world for not logging in so :bleh:

I can think of other things that I would rather have than his hair:naughty:

And that would be?

And I don't wanna know.

I like the curls when they aren't too curled. Like HK said, the JBF look. :wub2:

Yay!

I'm Miss JoviVox still *pbs*

And that would be?

And I don't wanna know.

Grace kelly on Taratata , Ive said it once , Ill say it again , doesnt get hotter than that , im sorry!

And that would be?

And I don't wanna know.

*pbs*....I didn't say I was a serial killer (so still can't compete with you):bleh:...but with my taste in men, there is every chance I might marry one!

Who told you that :naughty:...smart a**e.

I had my friends funeral on Thursday (it took some time to bring him home) and then on Monday my uncle rang to say that he has a blockage in his heart and is having a test to see how blocked today....and my aunts husband has to have four toes amputated because he's lost all circulation in his legs and he is refusing to get out of bed or eat and now weighs 55kg so prognosis not good there either!....and work still sucks...nothing different there...oh, and I still have that crappy conference to look forward to:wink2:....and strangely enough, I actually missed you guys...definitely gotta be something wrong with me mentally:bleh:...is that enough tee hee hee.

Why don't you wanna know....I'm quite happy to give you graphic details of my little Mika fantasies if you wish:roftl:...I have a very fertile imagination:naughty: Share the pain I say!.

Bugger, I've just dipped my hair in my soup!....anyhoo the best bit is OKD has already told me my future for January :das: I love the way that girls mind works...can't believe I just said that either!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I didn't MQ because I'm too EXCITED BECAUSE OBAMA WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOTUNDERSCOREJUMP AND MANY MORE SMILEYS THAT WON'T WORK WITH CAPS LOCK ON!!

AND, not only that, but Tyler Summers read my review of his show on my blog! And posted it on his newsletter!

TYLER SUMMERS READ MY BLOG!

(If you haven't read it, now you have no excuse :naughty:http://automaticbrainchild.wordpress.com/2008/10/03/the-extended-mis-adventures-and-loss-of-wallet/)

*faints multiple times over*

Maybe I should write another one, if that's the case.

Grace kelly on Taratata , Ive said it once , Ill say it again , doesnt get hotter than that , im sorry!

:roftl: You've been watching it. *zhhz*

I had my friends funeral on Thursday (it took some time to bring him home) and then on Monday my uncle rang to say that he has a blockage in his heart and is having a test to see how blocked today....and my aunts husband has to have four toes amputated because he's lost all circulation in his legs and he is refusing to get out of bed or eat and now weighs 55kg so prognosis not good there either!....and work still sucks...nothing different there...oh, and I still have that crappy conference to look forward to:wink2:....and strangely enough, I actually missed you guys...definitely gotta be something wrong with me mentally:bleh:...is that enough tee hee hee.

:shocked: Oiii.. Tough week.

omg! hello everyone! what is up? what have i missed?

where have you been hiding??

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I didn't MQ because I'm too EXCITED BECAUSE OBAMA WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOTUNDERSCOREJUMP AND MANY MORE SMILEYS THAT WON'T WORK WITH CAPS LOCK ON!!

AND, not only that, but Tyler Summers read my review of his show on my blog! And posted it on his newsletter!

(If you haven't read it, now you have no excuse :naughty:http://automaticbrainchild.wordpress.com/2008/10/03/the-extended-mis-adventures-and-loss-of-wallet/)

Yay for Tyler reading your blog!!

I love how you're not even American :naughty:

I love how you're not even American :naughty:

I knowwwww :naughty:

But Canada depends pretty heavily on America, the economy in particular. If America goes down, we go down with it.

And for years now--basically, while Stephen Harper has been in office--some of the, ah, less favourable ideals that Bush had have been implied into our government. Hopefully, now that America has an inspired and inspiring new leader, Harper will pull his head out of his arse and have a look around.

I knowwwww :naughty:

But Canada depends pretty heavily on America, the economy in particular. If America goes down, we go down with it.

And for years now--basically, while Stephen Harper has been in office--some of the, ah, less favourable ideals that Bush had have been implied into our government. Hopefully, now that America has an inspired and inspiring new leader, Harper will pull his head out of his arse and have a look around.

I thought that was why :naughty:

Well BBC America did say something like "America will make a decision that will affect the world..."

No pressure :lol3: