Reviews dvd Parc Des Princes

Moonlightchild

I've already watched the documentary twice :blush-anim-cl:

...but I don't want to watch the show itself, I'm pretty sure I'll get really emotional :tears: the documentary is so beautiful, he must have worked so hard for the gig to be perfect and had lots of sleepless nights :no:

and we're stalking him for a blog!!! we should be ashamed! :fish:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know the difference between the limited and the "normal" edition???

A hard cover and a very slightly more shophisticated leaflet... nothing to write home about or spend more money on. Look who's talking : I have already bought two standard copies and one Deluxe one :insane:...

Again, where did you find the cute topless picture :blush-anim-cl: you put on your posts ? Which concert was that ?

Again, where did you find the cute topless picture :blush-anim-cl: you put on your posts ? Which concert was that ?

I'm starting to feel sorry for you who have asked twice but doesn't get any answer.:naughty:

I think it was Düsseldorf 3/11 2007!:wink2:

...but I don't want to watch the show itself, I'm pretty sure I'll get really emotional :tears: the documentary is so beautiful, he must have worked so hard for the gig to be perfect and had lots of sleepless nights :no:

I do tend to worry about Mika, with the way he stresses over his shows and doesn't sleep. But you must watch the gig, even if you cry. When you see the happiness on his face when he realises all his hard work has paid off, it's priceless!!

I'm starting to feel sorry for you who have asked twice but doesn't get any answer.:naughty:

I think it was Düsseldorf 3/11 2007!:wink2:

@sienna and identicaltwin3

oh my god oh my god oh my god...:bow::tears: sorry I can't read all...xD

Ok well...I'm active in this forum for nearly 2 days now and I have to get into it xD so sorry if I overread this question...:blush-anim-cl:

ok so...urm what can I say...at first thx :mf_lustslow: I love my siggi...a very good friend from the DMFC made it for me...I sadly never got a chance before to see Mika live...but I think that it was the concert in Düsseldorf, right...:blush-anim-cl:

so ok...you mean, that it makes no diference wich DVD I'll buy???

I have to say that, now that more are watching the DVD, I'm very glad to read more and more reviews where people are finding that this show didn't quite hit the spot as much as others, performance wise, connection wise, and also that many still prefer the "raw Mika" feel to the whole flashy show aspect of it.

It's very refreshing for me to see this, and of course it expresses my own point of view and feeling about the Paris show and the dvd (as I said before on a few occasions :roftl:).

On the subject of the trapeze guy, can I say that it IRRITATES the sh*t out of me that in order to listen to the song I have to sit through his performance?! Of course one can ffwd, but still, it's a hassle.

Seriously, all those circussy bits to me are a waste of space/time where I'd rather have Mika sing more songs or just chat. His shows are always too short, so I'd love for him to flesh them up with his own appearances, not with extras :wink2:.

I can't praise the documentary enough though, I loved that :wub2:. Just hearing him speak, going about his daily things, the chemistry and interaction with Es, and all the prepping, I absolutely loved that.

It's cool reading more reviews as they come in. I'm kind of glad I'm not the only one who wasn't completely blown away...If I was I'd be worried for my...fan-dom:naughty:

I forgot to say that too, the menu's are really cool, some people said that already, but they really are lovely! I had the little tune of the clown in my head for ages today,lol

and the arabic writing and the bird...it's really nice to look at.

Oh and that screen cap of the man making faces in the crowd is hilarious!:roftl:

oh and couldn't agree more about the camera angles on certain areas of certain people...poor Sara was almost violated imo!

:bleh:

It's cool reading more reviews as they come in. I'm kind of glad I'm not the only one who wasn't completely blown away...If I was I'd be worried for my...fan-dom:naughty:

I forgot to say that too, the menu's are really cool, some people said that already, but they really are lovely! I had the little tune of the clown in my head for ages today,lol

and the arabic writing and the bird...it's really nice to look at.

Oh and that screen cap of the man making faces in the crowd is hilarious!:roftl:

oh and couldn't agree more about the camera angles on certain areas of certain people...poor Sara was almost violated imo!

:bleh:

To be honest, I was baffled when I saw that they actually got her to wear those tiny hotpants to be prancing around in :roftl:. Quite unnecessary, really :thumbdown:.

S*xual intimidation:mf_rosetinted:

To be honest, I was baffled when I saw that they actually got her to wear those tiny hotpants to be prancing around in :roftl:. Quite unnecessary, really :thumbdown:.

:naughty:

I know, they are really skimpy! It looks nice though if they don't zoom in so close, really who was controlling that camera?! and the Any Other World "close up" was so embarrassing when my Mam was in the room...

notice how Mr.M was safe from most of the..."close ups" maybe he had a deal that they violate everyone else but him:naughty:

Poor Sara:no:

@sienna and identicaltwin3

oh my god oh my god oh my god...:bow::tears: sorry I can't read all...xD

Ok well...I'm active in this forum for nearly 2 days now and I have to get into it xD so sorry if I overread this question...:blush-anim-cl:

ok so...urm what can I say...at first thx :mf_lustslow: I love my siggi...a very good friend from the DMFC made it for me...I sadly never got a chance before to see Mika live...but I think that it was the concert in Düsseldorf, right...:blush-anim-cl:

so ok...you mean, that it makes no diference wich DVD I'll buy???

Thank you, Love :huglove: !

Yes, come to think of it it does look like Dusseldorf.

You have to see Mika live, you know that, don't you ? Next album, next tour, you are going to be the one standing right in the middle , first row, just against the stage :cheerful_h4h: , even if it means camping for a couple of days in front of the theatre...

Thanks again.

Id3

maybe mika team haven't realised that most mika fans are not into girls :roftl:

we may be gay lovers though:mf_rosetinted:

loving all your reviews! i really want to watch that DVD asap now!:mf_lustslow:

P.S. I got my DVD today! I went to every store in the city and only JB Hifi had any, and only standard edition :crybaby:

But the contents are good! :groovy:

I love the menu for some reason :naughty:

And I love that he took that ridiculous scooter into the stadium with him, and just carried/pushed it everywhere :naughty:

Personally I am not overly fond of the Bambi/Peter Pan/I don't want to grow up touch :bored:... as in the 'Dancing with light' blog. Honestly, did it deserve a whole blog !

But again we take the boring with the exciting and we obviously don't all react the same way to the same things. So, I am really happy you liked that part.:cheerful_h4h:

I think so, too. But then why has he had to put the other artist's name in both DVDs?

Just to avoid having to face a law suit for 'borrowing' part of a song, perhaps :wink2: ?

He seems to be very sensitive :hypo: about the law : when somebody played a practical joke on him :naughty: and sent him a letter or phoned him, allegedly from the palace in Monaco and complaining about the negative image his song gave of the late princess Grace, he phoned his -female- lawyer right away (or so he said in an interview).

Just to avoid having to face a law suit for 'borrowing' part of a song, perhaps :wink2: ?

He seems to be very sensitive :hypo: about the law : when somebody played a practical joke on him :naughty: and sent him a letter or phoned him, allegedly from the palace in Monaco and complaining about the negative image his song gave of the late princess Grace, he phoned his -female- lawyer right away (or so he said in an interview).

:shocked: poor boy!

I've checked...it's in the CD too:boxed:

Made myself watch again the DVD documentary, as it was –and still is- the part I liked least and it reminded me of a post I read here, about somebody wishing some of the blogs were more than Mika being interesting.

That was a bit bitchy but I think it applies to the PdesP DVD too : after ten or fifteen minutes you start wishing there were a bit more than Mika being impressed by what he is going to do… his navel is very cute indeed but there are other thrilling things outside of it too, although to be fair he was probably unable, at that point, to think about anything but his big project :hypo:.

A more clever editing might have done the trick ; when I watched the LICM DVD I remember being irritated when an interview was cut and we were shown parts of live performances but on the PdesP DVD I would have welcomed them, I suppose.

And talking about blogs, I kind of miss them too and am not particularly ashamed of demanding them :naughty:...

I've got my copy :wub2:

But I won't be able to watch it before tonight :thumbdown:

However I peeked into the booklet already and I'm surprised about how DaWack's creations have developed from a rather simple (no, not in a negative way!) painting book style with colors focused on the primary palette to a more elaborate wanting-to-be-taken-seriously-as-an-artist approach. I'm not yet sure if I like it so much - or more so if I like it in the Mika context.

Anyway, from the booklet and reviews about the show itself I have the impression that this whole thing was more of a huge self-actualisation project in form of a gigantic playground for Mika himself in first place, for his sister with the artwork and also for Andy.

I will have to watch the show to see if it confirms my guess.

Edited by violet_sky