Reviews dvd Parc Des Princes

Moonlightchild

I've got the dvd this morning, I'm watching it now but I thought that I would give you the first impression of it already.

I have no pictures because my scanner is'nt working and I have no batteries in my camera.

The boot menu is simple, totally different then in licm.

It's a black screen with in the middle a clown of the

orchestra,playing the trumpet.

Then I choose"play all" and the concert part is the first part,it starts in a small view window but when the concert actually starts the view gets large.

I panicked a little because i was afraid it would stay that way during the whole dvd but after a minute or so it go's away.

The speaking parts aren't left out like it was with licm. I love that.

I've seen first row people quite clearly.

In big girl his voice isn't that good I think but I love his voice in billy Brown.

In the dutch subtitles is a big mistake when he announce the song Billy brown. It says" this is about my girlfriend Billy Brown":roftl:

(girlfriend as in my friend who's a girl).

Since the last dvd you can really see Mika has grown as an artist and the style of the songs are different than in the first dvd so I think

it's worth as being a fan to have this dvd too besides the licm dvd

Edited by Moonlightchild

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol posted all pics i took of the deluxe edition for those who've to choose which one to order, but i am lazy to repost them here. here it's link to online album :roftl:

pics of pdp dvd coverart

the only difference between the 2 editions of dvd is apparently the packaging, nothing else. deluxe costs 26 € here.

the packaging though is pretty good and the booklet bears some very very nice pics. :wub2:

Thank you :flowers2:

Why am I falling for just about any pic of M with the clown heads? :blink:

I really don't like clowns.

that's another taken the same occasion as the one he posted on his blog in august. i loooved that too. it's not the clown head, it's the other head in the pic.. :wub2:

This is exciting!:thumb_yello:

Thank you :flowers2:

Sorry to have to be the one to break the news to you, but it seems like a certain man has a big influence on you!:naughty:

:huglove:

lol posted all pics i took of the deluxe edition for those who've to choose which one to order, but i am lazy to repost them here. here it's link to online album :roftl:

pics of pdp dvd coverart

the only difference between the 2 editions of dvd is apparently the packaging, nothing else. deluxe costs 26 € here.

the packaging though is pretty good and the booklet bears some very very nice pics. :wub2:

Thanks for those, the booklet is really cute. like the picture of mika with the golden mask (especially since i noticed he got the same mobile as me...:naughty:)

Hopefully the dvd will get here next week, and i'll be able to get it. :thumb_yello:

I've got the dvd this morning, I'm watching it now but I thought that I would give you the first impression of it already.

I have no pictures because my scanner is'nt working and I have no batteries in my camera.

Then I choose"play all" and the concert part is the first part,it starts in a small view window but when the concert actually starts the view gets large.

I panicked a little because i was afraid it would stay that way during the whole dvd but after a minute or so it go's away.

In big girl his voice isn't that good I think but I love his voice in billy Brown.

In the dutch subtitles is a big mistake when he announce the song Billy brown. It says" this is about my girlfriend Billy Brown":roftl:

Since the last dvd you can really see Mika has grown as a artist and the style of the songs are different than in the first dvd so I think

:wheelchair:The translating mistake may be a revealing slip of the tongue -or pen, rather.

I am at the same time so jealous and so happy for you who got the DVD before anybody else !

Thanks for sharing. You say nothing of the bonus part. Is it any good ?

We were expecting a lot from that DVD, let's hope we are not disappointed...

:wheelchair:The translating mistake may be a revealing slip of the tongue -or pen, rather.

I am at the same time so jealous and so happy for you who got the DVD before anybody else !

Happy 100th post :flowers2:

I'm still watching it on my TV,I let you know if I seen it all.

Ok, i've seen the whole dvd now.

There isn't that much bonus stuff on it.

Bonus;

Video Lollipop&Grace Kelly live from Hootenanny last year on new years eve.

Then the documentary,

We can see the development from the idea (months before the show) till the actual show.

It's actually interesting and you can see what Mika was doing while we waited for something to happen and it seems he was very busy.

I've seen him cook something, so the man can cook:shocked::naughty:

I enjoyed the documentary and I think you will enjoy it as well.

His sisters are also on it and there is a little interview with I believe 2 fans. not sure anymore.

anyway I'm happy I have the DVD. I don't know what to say anymore and I don't want to spoil everything for you. but if you have questions I'm here for you but i have to leave in 30 min.

I'm soooo mad:shocked: I bought the dvd 2 weeks ago, and the guy from the music store said I could come and pick it this Friday!! so this morning I went to the music store, and the woman said 'I'm sorry...I don't have it...and it's not coming today' I said 'when can I come and pick it up, I paid 28 euros for it!!' she said 'I don't know...I'll call you whenever I see it' I'm so mad, I almost cried...I've waited months for this dvd. When they say friday, it is friday..not 2 days later...or 2 weeks later :tears:

this sucks:thumbdown:

I'm soooo mad:shocked: I bought the dvd 2 weeks ago, and the guy from the music store said I could come and pick it this Friday!! so this morning I went to the music store, and the woman said 'I'm sorry...I don't have it...and it's not coming today' I said 'when can I come and pick it up, I paid 28 euros for it!!' she said 'I don't know...I'll call you whenever I see it' I'm so mad, I almost cried...I've waited months for this dvd. When they say friday, it is friday..not 2 days later...or 2 weeks later :tears:

this sucks:thumbdown:

Hi Linde,

Can't you ask your money back because it's not there on time and then go to an other chop?

I think if he said that it will be in today and it's not you deserved your money back

Hi Linde,

Can't you ask your money back because it's not there on time and then go to an other chop?

I think if he said that it will be in today and it's not you deserved your money back

Hi,

yes I could ask my money back, but the problem is...none of the other stores around here has the dvd...I called the Frs but they didn't have the dvd either:thumbdown: And the next time I could go to another city is next week, but I think by that time the dvd arrived to the music store...so I'll just have to wait... I guess:thumbdown:

pics of pdp dvd coverart

I don't have the picture with the mask and the one where he is drawing but I have others.

maybe this is because I have the normal dvd and not the deluxe but that one is in the mail. I'll have the deluxe next week and after that week I'm going to give this one to my mom.

I just couldn't wait till the deluxe would arrive knowing it was already in store:naughty:

Hi,

yes I could ask my money back, but the problem is...none of the other stores around here has the dvd...I called the Frs but they didn't have the dvd either:thumbdown: And the next time I could go to another city is next week, but I think by that time the dvd arrived to the music store...so I'll just have to wait... I guess:thumbdown:

I'm so sorry for you,really.

Ik weet hoe erg je erop aan't wachten was,echt ik vind dit echt rot voor je.

Ps,ik heb je laatst nog even gesproken op hyves. remember?

Since the last dvd you can really see Mika has grown as an artist and the style of the songs are different than in the first dvd so I think

I agree that this DVD is an important edition. We can see how he's progressed as an entertainer. That's only within a few short months. Imagine what his shows, and performances, will be like in say, 2 years time.

This is all so exciting. I can't wait for Monday. Thanks for the review, and mentioning about the small screen at the beginning. Now I won't worry about it.

I agree that this DVD is an important edition. We can see how he's progressed as an entertainer. That's only within a few short months. Imagine what his shows, and performances, will be like in say, 2 years time.

This is all so exciting. I can't wait for Monday. Thanks for the review, and mentioning about the small screen at the beginning. Now I won't worry about it. [/quote]

That is exactly why i mentioned it, indeed, because I can't believe I would be the only one who would panic.

And yes, you can see it clearly on this dvd that he has grown. I mean if you comperes it to the other there is a difference and i don't mean about the show element but the singer him self

Edited by Moonlightchild

I'm so sorry for you,really.

Ik weet hoe erg je erop aan't wachten was,echt ik vind dit echt rot voor je.

Ps,ik heb je laatst nog even gesproken op hyves. remember?

Oja! Ik was het al vergeten:wink2:

Ik baal echt, keek er zo lang naar uit... 'gelukkig' moet ik vanavond werken, anders had ik écht niet geweten wat ik zou zou moeten doen:naughty:

Oja! Ik was het al vergeten:wink2:

Ik baal echt, keek er zo lang naar uit... 'gelukkig' moet ik vanavond werken, anders had ik écht niet geweten wat ik zou zou moeten doen:naughty:

Ja ik begrijp het maar al te goed,ik kon ook niet wachten en als het bij mij had geweest dan had ik me ook rot gevoeld.

ok, watched bits of the show (feels great to see it from top, we were really many.. :naughty:). cached even bits of me, sari, kath and abby at some point (1st row under the catwalk).

i have to agree watching it on my sofa, at home, the live rendition of some songs really show how nervous he was, esp. the 1st relax and big girl.

stuck in the middle is also a very fast, very tense rendition, but I still love the kid dancing bit :thumb_yello:

rain in the paris version (I think the one I got on mp3 must be the other performance) is absolutely grand.. :wub2::wub2::wub2: now I know why i liked it so much there.

i fastforwarded all the rest of the gig as kids wanna see it too :sneaky2: and they can't now.

did have a quick look at extras: very cute chat with mika and the producer. seen some behind the scene with the whole band, preparing to go on stage and spotted also john :wub2:

Thank you

Same here:naughty:

ok, watched bits of the show (feels great to see it from top, we were really many.. :naughty:). cached even bits of me, sari, kath and abby at some point (1st row under the catwalk).

i have to agree watching it on my sofa, at home, the live rendition of some songs really show how nervous he was, esp. the 1st relax and big girl.

stuck in the middle is also a very fast, very tense rendition, but I still love the kid dancing bit :thumb_yello:

rain in the paris version (I think the one I got on mp3 must be the other performance) is absolutely grand.. now I know why i liked it so much there.

i fastforwarded all the rest of the gig as kids wanna see it too : and they can't now.

did have a quick look at extras: very cute chat with mika and the producer. seen some behind the scene with the whole band, preparing to go on stage and spotted also john :wub2:

I personally think the Paris version was indeed better than the version in Amsterdam. I guess it was cause in Amsterdam the violins were missing..

It sounds great!

Avoca, I really love this pic: normal_PB070015.JPG

Especially the left one:wub2: