The Mika Coverers: Who did, who did not?

mark0495

Hi MFCers,

I wonder how many people at this forum have ever covered Mika. And I don't mean during a shower :roftl:. No, I mean for REAL people, or even at YouTube!

I did, today at school. That was because of our first tutor lesson: we had to tell something about ourselves, so I say I'm on a choir. The whole class is immediately yelling SING! SING! SING! at me, but I say "No". My tutor says "No, he's gonna do that further on this year". :blink:. I did it today: a cover of My Interpretation :naughty:. Well, it went okay, I know I could have done better, but still it was quite nice. At least, that's what my class and tutor said about it! :blush-anim-cl:

Who also did this once? Somebody with a Mika tribute band? Just recording it for YouTube or another video site? For just someone else without video/sound evidence? Tell!!! :naughty: I wonder if I'm the only one who is so crazy! :roftl:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, there was a thread called Sing it Like Mika, where some people recorded their own versions of Mika songs and posted the links, and then out of this evolved the LICM fan CD, where some of us recorded songs off LICM to go onto a CD to give to Mika!

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty damn good in the shower and while the music is playing so loud that I can't hear myself.:naughty:

Me too.. When I'm cycling home from school, with my mp3 player loud on, and I sing, it sounds pretty good. :naughty: But when I look around I see much people looking at me as if I'm some alien or so. :naughty:

Me too.. When I'm cycling home from school, with my mp3 player loud on, and I sing, it sounds pretty good. :naughty: But when I look around I see much people looking at me as if I'm some alien or so. :nauy:

Why does it sound so familiar :mf_rosetinted:

Whenever I go out somewhere,I have mp3 in my ears,but i don't sing cos the whole city would think I went crazy,but I do open mouth and say the lyrics :roftl: and when I'm alone in the park at night,I make a whole choreography :roftl:

Also,there's one big mirror in the hall of my building. Whenever I go down somewhere I stand in front of the mirror while listening to mp3 and pretend that I'm a famous singer and sing :roftl: it's usually quite a great feeling,but not such a great feeling when your neighbours see you doing that and look at you like you have a dead pidgeon stuck on your head. :mf_rosetinted:

I tried doing Grace Kelly karaoke after a few drinks one night.

I developed a newfound appreciation for Mika's lung capacity. Like...wow. I thought I was going to die trying to sing that song.

And, damn. Nevermind those notes! Mika's something else. And I'm thankful there's no evidence of this..."performance."

I did get a vid of a friend of mine trying his hand at doing Love Today in karaoke. Maybe I'll throw that up on YouTube. :naughty:

thanks guys....you can expect some new stuff soon...now that school has chilled down a bit. OMG SO MUCH WORK!

But ive been keeping youtube in mind, dont worry.

hehe

thanks alot everyone! feel free to subscribe! Im planning something bit when I hit 100 subscribers!

just downloaded another song of yours!! :lol3:

you're amazing! :bow:

Hi MFCers,

I wonder how many people at this forum have ever covered Mika. And I don't mean during a shower :roftl:. No, I mean for REAL people, or even at YouTube!

I did, today at school. That was because of our first tutor lesson: we had to tell something about ourselves, so I say I'm on a choir. The whole class is immediately yelling SING! SING! SING! at me, but I say "No". My tutor says "No, he's gonna do that further on this year". :blink:. I did it today: a cover of My Interpretation :naughty:. Well, it went okay, I know I could have done better, but still it was quite nice. At least, that's what my class and tutor said about it! :blush-anim-cl:

Who also did this once? Somebody with a Mika tribute band? Just recording it for YouTube or another video site? For just someone else without video/sound evidence? Tell!!! :naughty: I wonder if I'm the only one who is so crazy! :roftl:

Oh yes, I covered GK last year in "the square" at school.

It's this square drop in the very middle of our school where people perform and my friends' put me up to it and everyone cheered me on but they were only taking the puss.

I enjoyed it as did everyone else but I wouldn't do it again becuaase I'm not great in front of 300 strong 13-16 year olds who are very scary to me when I was only 12 and a real stay inside girl ;)

x

Maybe next year... my classmates have persuaded me with a petition and even threatened me(!) to get me competing our school's Unplugged music festival. Maybe MIKA? I don't know yet! :wink2:

Fortunately the threatening wasn't that serious :roftl:

I do all the time in music class. And at home. And at camps. Oh what the heck, anywhere there's an accessible piano....lol

My friend and I were playing for the year tens cos we'd finished our exams, and were helping with their music exams. My year 10 friend is all like 'Play Mika!'

So I do, and the majority of the class sings along! I played Grace Kelly, Lollipop and Happy Ending. I was surprised that the majority of them knew lollipop, even though it hasn't been released here in Australia! It made me very happy. =D

One day I will post some stuff to youtube...