The Australian Thread: Part Nineteen

Rainbow Sky

All replies are on the profile page {HOME} and then if you hover over someones comment, towards the right side you'll find buttons "Favourite this update" (which seems rather pointless to me)

And, "reply to *------*" . which is what you want. When you click it you'll get a @ *-----* in the comment box up top, and leave that part and write whatever you want. Test on me if you want to.

And MM made 6 dozen home made sausage rolls on Friday ft. nearly all gone now :licks_lips:

OK !! Thanks Kelz ! I'll see ... after that, if it's too pffft for me ... I'll throw in the towel ... got enuff pages to check on anyway ... :rolls_eyes:

Oooh ! Yay for MM's sausage rolls !! :wub2: *wants*

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't throw in the towel on the first day :naughty:

If it's too confusing then leave it and look at it again tomorrow..

But all it basically does is status updates, just like you do on facebook.

You can "Like" or "Comment" just like you do on facebook..

but it's called "Favourite" and "Reply" instead on Twitter.

And yes! MM's SR's.. delish!

Is twitter supposed to be in the style of status updates (like the sentence follows on from your name) or in the style of just separate sentences? :blink:

All I know about it is that it's basically a status update. But you can email apparently. I haven't tried it. You have to go to the person profile to do it.

*tests it out on you*

BTW, twitter let me change my username so I decided to go ahead and join the trend. We are such sheep. The second Mika does anything we all follow :naughty:

We are, though a few of us have a twitter acct already :fisch:

All I know about it is that it's basically a status update. But you can email apparently. I haven't tried it. You have to go to the person profile to do it.

*tests it out on you*

Twitter is so pointless :naughty:

I have joined the twatterhood *pbs*about 10 hours ago from web

Yes, a few of us had accounts already, sure :naughty:

My brother showed me this pic, and i almost died!!! :mf_lustslow:

Laurah20Signdddddddd1.jpg

Is that for real? (The sign, I mean , or just photoshopped?)

Speaking of which, if anybody suddenly gets somebody who they don't know following them on Twitter, it is probably me (my name is sarahisme12). Thanks to Mika, I can actually now follow people I know. :naughty:

Logically, of course, the people who use Twitter are twits :fisch:

How are you fitting those in with your revision and essay writing and vet camp:blink:

And what are they for?

I don't know :naughty: I also need to go back to my vet where I did my placement and interview the head vet and a nurse. Tomorrow.

Two of the same thing actually. One is the same thing I did at my old job, cleaning/feeding patients at a vet on weekends, but with horses, and at Larkhill vet, which is about 5 minutes away, I bring my pets there. And the other is cleaning out/feeding the horses at a riding school on weekdays, and it's around the corner, also 5 minutes away, and I used to get lessons there when I was little.

Should be good. I wouldn't mind getting both :smth: The weekday one is only 2 or 3 days a week, and they're both like 2-3 hour a day jobs. I'm only doing 2 units, I could fit it in :smth:

I think so, it's got the shadow of the tree over the writing, that would be super hard to photoshop.

No, they'd be twitterers *hmph*

:naughty: I'm guessing p/shopped for Sen's benefit ... :smth:

:blush-anim-cl: And it seems I'm a brand new one of 'em ... :fisch: ... tho' for how long... I dunno ...

Hi Silv !!! :bye:

I don't know :naughty: I also need to go back to my vet where I did my placement and interview the head vet and a nurse. Tomorrow.

Two of the same thing actually. One is the same thing I did at my old job, cleaning/feeding patients at a vet on weekends, but with horses, and at Larkhill vet, which is about 5 minutes away, I bring my pets there. And the other is cleaning out/feeding the horses at a riding school on weekdays, and it's around the corner, also 5 minutes away, and I used to get lessons there when I was little.

Should be good. I wouldn't mind getting both :smth: The weekday one is only 2 or 3 days a week, and they're both like 2-3 hour a day jobs. I'm only doing 2 units, I could fit it in :smth:

Well good luck with both interviews then:thumb_yello:

:naughty: I'm guessing p/shopped for Sen's benefit ... :smth:

:blush-anim-cl: And it seems I'm a brand new one of 'em ... :fisch: ... tho' for how long... I dunno ...

Hi Silv !!! :bye:

Hi HK :bye:

I think I am too much of a Luddite to try Twitter - all these social sites seen to come and go. I'd much rather have a proper chat with people on the MFC, and I bet Mika only posts once in a blue moon

Hi HK :bye:

I think I am too much of a Luddite to try Twitter - all these social sites seen to come and go. I'd much rather have a proper chat with people on the MFC, and I bet Mika only posts once in a blue moon

Actually he'll probably post a lot to start with, and then get bored with it and never post again :wink2 :

Does somebody let RBSky know when to start a new thread - we are very close to 4000 posts now.

Shall I stop talking?:naughty:

:naughty: It took me ages to get online, let alone, a fanclub or Myspace or MSN or Facebook ... oh & then there was Gabbly & MFC chat !!! :boxed:

Hahhaa !! But, you know ... I just give it a go ... & if it doesn't work for me ... then I just drop it/them ... :wink2:

Oh & re: our post count ... RBSKY usually checks in regularly ... I wouldn't be surprised if we hear from her here in a few hours ... nothing to worry about ... :wub2::thumb_yello:

Edited by happikali

:naughty: It took me ages to get online, let alone, a fanclub or Myspace or MSN or Facebook ... oh & then there was Gabbly & MFC chat !!! :boxed:

Hahhaa !! But, you know ... I just give it a go ... & if it doesn't work for me ... then I just drop it/them ... :wink2::

But aren't there lots of privacy problems with Twitter - people setting up accounts and all their RL details being displayed?

Oh & re: our post count ... RBSKY usually checks in regularly ... I wouldn't be surprised if we we hear from her here in a few hours ... nothing to worry about ... :wub2:

So - OK if I sing "100 green bottles" then :naughty::fisch:

But aren't there lots of privacy problems with Twitter - people setting up accounts and all their RL details being displayed?

Oh really ??!! I didn't know that ! :boxed:

Having said that ... I didn't have to give any more info. there than other 'social networks' ... in fact, if anything, it was less ... :blink: :smth:

Hmm, no I don't think so. The only thing it displays is your name, and only if you choose to display it. Unless you start posting your address in twitter message thingies :lmfao:

Actually he'll probably post a lot to start with, and then get bored with it and never post again :wink2:

Hahaha, well i was pervign at a few MFCer's twitter pages and I think an even more likely scenario is that he will log in, have 6,008 messages from MFCers who have all suddenly discovered twitter, his macbook will crash, and we'll never hear from him again.

Silver, you'll like this: http://www.hotfrog.com.au/Companies/Amarillo-Riding-School

This is one of the places I'm applying to tomorrow. I googled to get the address to put on my cover letter. I feel like I've just wasted a good half hour of my life perfecty sculpting a masterpiece of a cover letter. I think I could have probably gotten the same message across to them with something along the lines of "Me love whoreses, me klean yor whoreses poo?"

"Amarillo Riding School (since 1994) with years of expectance in coaching both children and adults"

"coach any disopline - from beginner to competition rider."

:naughty: Maybe they could hire ME (of al people) as their website proof-reader :naughty: