Second Album in September?

Becky

I agree Deb................even extremely commited Mika fans only have a certain amount of money............after the July gigs last year I decided that I had to be a bit more disciplined with regard to my Mika spending. I started a fund whereby I saved money every month with the intention of buying tickets, travel, hotels etc for Mika gigs. As much as it is satisfying to see the fund grow...it is also infuriating that I have nothing to spend it on...........and I am now finding myself looking at other gigs simply because I want to go to gigs. OK....................so it is probably a good idea to go to other gigs.........but that is NOT the point:naughty:

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that promotion has been bought up.

I hope the promotion for this album, and more to the point the subsequent single releases from it, is more prominent than from BG onwards from last time!

The promotion for the last 3 singles from the album was virtually non existant. Sure they got the airplay, but Mika himself barely did anything to promote them.

I'm not having a go, as he was on the road in Europe, but that hasn't stopped other acts from doing promos for their singles.

And if you all recall we did talk about it at the time, saying we hoped in the future, it would change.

So far, not looking likely!

goes without saying it's all speculations, so they are worth their 2 cents and nothing more.

someone rightly said here we have a distorted perception of mika's fame.

he's big, has been big, but he's not britney or smt (thx god, I may add, no offence taken for her fans).

what i mean is, even at the top of his fame, i doubt there'll be a considerable amount of people other than us here that checks every single move he does. so in this I don't see much loss in popularity.

many people were drawn here from LICM success, radio airing, TV airing, gigs and stuff, and once the upbeat has slowed down, they've gone with the flow to other places. it's normal: it's way the world goes round.

the man's never been mr planning, to be totally honest.. :naughty:

two gigs on the same day, 3 sometimes even and several things of this sort. no need to bring these memories up. and he's never promoted his persona THAT much, even in his most hype times.

so I am not surprised he's not doing so now. not as much as others would do. it's his character, his strategy, his lack of marketing strategy, i dunno.. I think it's noticeable though.

and he's also worried about secrecry of things till he decides things have to be public. need to give examples..? don't think so..

that doesn't mean I think he should go on the way he does and that's not career suicidal. many things he did in past were and we are still here.

it'd definitely be better he'd give out some details about his new album/film/book, finally do some tour planning, but I have this probably wrong idea, he's very paranoid about this 2nd album (someone told 2nd album is always the worst for artists: the pressure of repeating the debut success, the fame not yet consolidated..) and he's taking up maybe some control freak attitude over the whole thing.

This is my worry .. hes lost fans , remember I have many friends from the first year , they left and really have lost interest .. I mean does he only want US at every gig :roftl::thumb_yello:

The spark has gone .. BUT .. Im sure he can bring it can crashing in again

Yeah............as I was wandering through the woods this afternoon the phrase 'Genius at work' came to mind for some reason. I am sure that the album WILL be a work of genius and therefore, worth waiting for. Of course we are impatient............because, in the main, we love him so much, we just want more, more more. That is only human nature. A few weeks ago Sarah kennedy on Radio two played Mika then made some comment along the lines of 'whatever happened to him...........I hope he hasn't gone off music'.Despite it only being 6 45 am I rushed to my computer and wrote a long mail bringing her up to date in great detail..................but she didn't read it out, she just mentioned my name saying 'Kath Drummond loved Mika'............less of the past tense I thought:naughty:

Personally, and as Fred ays, we are all entitled to our own opinions............I just wish that he would just give us a little bit of a timetable. As Sariflor says.......we have lives to plan and I am sure a lot of us would be gutted if we found out that the long awaited dates were when we were on holiday:shocked:. I really wouldn't mind how far ahead a date was for a gig as long as I had SOMETHING on my calendar........something to look forward to.

Mika will start generating some hype about the new album when it's ready to go. The rest of the world forgot about him a year ago so there's no point in him trying to court "lost" fans now. Once the promo machine gets in gear and he's got something to talk about, he will.

I have very little idea of what Paolo Nutini has been doing the past year. I don't care. When his album comes out I will buy it and go see him the next time he comes to Toronto.

I don't know why this would be any different for the average person who enjoys Mika's music and gigs. And remember these people number in their millions, and are not the same naysayers who have pegged him as a one-hit wonder since Grace Kelly started irritating them on the radio.

He doesn't need obsessive hard core fans to watch his every move over the course of an album production in order to sell albums and concert tickets once they become available.

It would be nice for us if more fans stuck around and maintained a high interest in Mika during his downtime, but I don't see that it affects him much. Just fewer people to moan at him that his album is not coming out soon enough.

Edited by avoca

goes without saying it's all speculations, so they are worth their 2 cents and nothing more.

someone rightly said here we have a distorted perception of mika's fame.

he's big, has been big, but he's not britney or smt (thx god, I may add, no offence taken for her fans).

what i mean is, even at the top of his fame, i doubt there'll be a considerable amount of people other than us here that checks every single move he does. so in this I don't see much loss in popularity.

many people were drawn here from LICM success, radio airing, TV airing, gigs and stuff, and once the upbeat has slowed down, they've gone with the flow to other places. it's normal: it's way the world goes round.

the man's never been mr planning, to be totally honest.. :naughty:

two gigs on the same day, 3 sometimes even and several things of this sort. no need to bring these memories up. and he's never promoted his persona THAT much, even in his most hype times.

so I am not surprised he's not doing so now. not as much as others would do. it's his character, his strategy, his lack of marketing strategy, i dunno.. I think it's noticeable though.

and he's also worried about secrecry of things till he decides things have to be public. need to give examples..? don't think so..

that doesn't mean I think he should go on the way he does and that's not career suicidal. many things he did in past were and we are still here.

it'd definitely be better he'd give out some details about his new album/film/book, finally do some tour planning, but I have this probably wrong idea, he's very paranoid about this 2nd album (someone told 2nd album is always the worst for artists: the pressure of repeating the debut success, the fame not yet consolidated..) and he's taking up maybe some control freak attitude over the whole thing.

I absolutely agree with ALL of this, avoca :thumb_yello: