Second Album in September?

Becky

I forgot to post this when I first saw it, and have kept saying I would. But now I can't find the paper, but I remember the article well.

It was in the News of the World the weekend before last, in the music gossip section, in a little square in the corner.

Basically, it said something along the lines of

'Good news if your a Mika fan, like me. Mika's finally back in the studio, in LA, working on the 2nd album! We can expect it on the shelves in September.'

I think it was a little bit longer than that, but that was the important stuff. I remember thinking 'He's been in the studio for weeks!' and then 'September?!'

But it's the very first, unproven rough date. Even if it is later than I expected :thumb_yello:

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF????

okay, excuse my french, but this is ridiculous.

I know music "takes time" but that will be over 3 years will it not???

he'll lose more fans then he will make.

Agree!:shocked:

WTF????

The timing (about 2.5 years) would make him about level with Amy Winehouse and Lily Allen. But let's hope he's faster!

OMG the internet ouija board was right. :roftl:

"In the studio for weeks" thing doesn't mean anything I'm afraid. Paolo Nutini started seriously recording in January 2008 and his album is not on the shelves yet.

Even if this date is correct all is not lost. Grace Kelly was on the radio and Mika was performing many months before LICM was released.

Hang in there. :thumb_yello:

Agree!:shocked:

He has already lost more fans.

*looks at all of her uninterested lost friends*

I can name 10 MFCers off the top of my head i was close with and are now either here for their FRIENDS or gone.

:mad3:

Imagine by september...I don't know if I can hold out that long, :thumbdown:

WTF????

My first thought to this news and the release date was ... "mika who??" .... obviously not to the mfc ... but other people who hear news of the release date for his new album ... and they cant even remember the first!!!

I sure hope its not this late anyway ... i dont think mika can afford to release it so late tbh :boxed: but that just my opinion :wink2:

Neither of them are that popular over here if you haven't noticed. :naughty:

Amy Winehouse is more popular than Mika. Not sure what that has to do with how long it takes to create an album? :blink:

Seriously anything less than 2 years would be more worrisome to me than waiting. I don't want Mika churning out crap just because he can.

OMG the internet ouija board was right. :roftl:

"In the studio for weeks" thing doesn't mean anything I'm afraid. Paolo Nutini started seriously recording in January 2008 and his album is not on the shelves yet.

Even if this date is correct all is not lost. Grace Kelly was on the radio and Mika was performing many months before LICM was released.

Hang in there. :thumb_yello:

I can't christine, SEP-FREAKING-TEMBER?

it's too much for me to handle, quite frankly.

I sure hope its not this late anyway ... i dont think mika can afford to release it so late tbh :boxed: but that just my opinion :wink2:

Do you really think so Caz? Is that the sense you get in the UK?

I saw Lily Allen before I'd even heard of Mika and she's just coming out with her second album now. I guess she's a bit more controversial so no one has had a chance to forget about her...but I would think it's a similar situation...?

Amy Winehouse is more popular than Mika. Not sure what that has to do with how long it takes to create an album? :blink:

Seriously anything less than 2 years would be more worrisome to me than waiting. I don't want Mika churning out crap just because he can.

It doesn't have anything to do with it. :naughty:

It's not worrysome to me, that's plenty of time to come out with a single made for radio, or even a CD.

He once told us he is STILL clubhopping at what...4am, but "behind closed doors."

I'm a little cheesed at the thought of him doing that and procrastinating the CD / a radio hit. He needs this for publicity / marketing / popularity. MFCers complain "Mika isnt famous in my country, muamuamua." well, why do you think that is?