Beck

BonjourMika1990

Unfortunatley, the only reason why I was exposed to his music was because MGMT was going to open for him:blush-anim-cl:. I ended up becoming a fan, and what can I say really, other than I love the guy. I wish I had known him years ago. His show was amazing, and really intense from the mosh pit point of view. I made alot of friends that night, and it was the first time I heard anyone dubbed "The King of the Hipsters"

His fans are very dedicated, and for good reason. He doesn't talk much during the performances, he's all about the show. I still felt the love though. He was so cool up there.

E-pro and Scarecrow are my favorite songs.

Anyone else dig his style?

l_a0476233810e480ec348c75cef6efcb1.jpg

beck.jpg

beck.jpg

beck.jpg

Beck.jpg

beck.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like his songs (at least the ones I know, since I don't know all of his work) but his current gigs... :thumbdown:

He performed before Mika, in the festival I went to and honestly...I hated his performance.

He didn't talk to the audience (ok, it's not an essencial thing but yet...),he was always in the same place, almost didn't move during the whole gig, ... It seemed that he was bored for being there, and eventually he bored the audience too.

It was a festival, and he should be used to not having only his fans there, and as an experient performer, he should be able to catch the audience, and...he didn't.

I guess the only person who liked his gig was Mika (we saw him on the side of the stage, and he seemed to be enjoying the whole thing! :naughty:)

Nothing against him as a musician, he's very very talented, but if he continues like this, I don't want to see him live anymore. :blink:

I like his songs (at least the ones I know, since I don't know all of his work) but his current gigs... :thumbdown:

He performed before Mika, in the festival I went to and honestly...I hated his performance.

He didn't talk to the audience (ok, it's not an essencial thing but yet...),he was always in the same place, almost didn't move during the whole gig, ... It seemed that he was bored for being there, and eventually he bored the audience too.

It was a festival, and he should be used to not having only his fans there, and as an experient performer, he should be able to catch the audience, and...he didn't.

I guess the only person who liked his gig was Mika (we saw him on the side of the stage, and he seemed to be enjoying the whole thing! :naughty:)

Nothing against him as a musician, he's very very talented, but if he continues like this, I don't want to see him live anymore. :blink:

Yeah, I can see where he might be seen as a bit snotty. But to me it's just his cool. Also, festivals are a lot less intimate, to me than a "gig" at a smaller venue. Especially where I was at, it was very small and intense.

I was surprised when he started to rap. I didn't think he was the rapper type:naughty: but that was actually one of the coolest parts of the night

I think his affection to us was more like little winks:wink2:...like when we showed up on the screen behind him during e-pro.

p.s. These aren't my videos lol... I was close, and the guy singing along with him is completely wasted probably....

Yeah, I can see where he might be seen as a bit snotty. But to me it's just his cool. Also, festivals are a lot less intimate, to me than a "gig" at a smaller venue. Especially where I was at, it was very small and intense.

I understand that, and I totally agree!

But when you're an artist, specially one like Beck, with a lot of years on the road, you have to know how to adjust your performance to the type of place you're playing and to the audience there. And unfortunately, he didn't do that.

I felt really disappointed, because I was told that his gigs were energetic and really nice, and what I've seen was nothing like that. :huh:

Ok, the organization guys were not very smart in putting him perfoming between Duran Duran and Mika, but believe me, if he had played after Mika, like it was supposed to be, he would've had half a dozen people watching him, and THAT would've been be sad! :huh:

Edited by Mary

I think he's whiney.. and I don't like his hardcore fans for the same reason I dislike Radiohead's hardcore fans (they're often the same people): they think they're music elitists.

agreed, they're now my friends but I seldom talk music with them:naughty: I kind of know better.

For instance, if I'd mention Mika they'd probably slap me.

I dig Beck...I've seen him live a couple times...San Diego, Santa Cruz, whatnot and I can say he is awesome live. Yet I have also been to a concert where he wasn't in the best of moods but nevertheless genius playing.

His music vault is pretty extensive and varied, it really sprouts into different musical paths. That's what I enjoy and it keeps me coming back for more. So much that there are some songs that are just too depressing for me to listen to. Of course having the Prince influence doesn't hurt either.

Ultimate Favs: Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime & Missing

Others:

*New Pollution (dance)

*Where It's At (more dance)

*Debra (Prince-like?)

*Think I'm In Love

*Scarecrow (crazy sounds huh)

*Cellphone's Dead (very practical)

Liking Chemtrails now...very haunting

• 4 years later...