The Snow Show!

Clare

Why is this in Mika chat, shouldn't it be in General chin wagging?

Anyway, we had some snow this morning, and it's still going, not heavy, but it looks pretty.

The dog took one look at it, and looked at me as if I was asking him to walk across firey coals when I was trying to get him to go outside:roftl::roftl::roftl:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is this in Mika chat, shouldn't it be in General chin wagging?

Anyway, we had some snow this morning, and it's still going, not heavy, but it looks pretty.

The dog took one look at it, and looked at me as if I was asking him to walk across firey coals when I was trying to get him to go outside

Apparently my dog won't go inside at all today...he loves snow.

Anyway we've had some good snow in London

I took LOTS of photos...so I won't post alll of them :)

n548905297_5843696_5910.jpg

n548905297_5843697_6267.jpg

n548905297_5843698_6624.jpg

n548905297_5843700_7325.jpg

n548905297_5843706_9475.jpg

n548905297_5843712_1785.jpg

Not today (although they said it would be snowing again .. I guess it all fell in England .. :roftl:) but last month we had 'a lot of' (not that much but for here it was much!) snow. I had to work so couldn't take decent pics :sad: I only have these ..

l_717eb9d5e5d34aafaac93c722bea91a3.jpg

l_809ba71bb0894bc09e12963f8404a901.jpg

Our cars .. :P

l_391581dd8fdb4750bb4829dd371217d2.jpg

l_14c5bcb4d66b41e6903facc6de4c0dc9.jpg

And my horse, this was about a week later, almost all the snow gone already..

l_5610c86ecacf4f9eb41a8de5771e3795.jpg

So much snow here in Southampton as well! When I was still living in Poland, it was nothig out of the ordinary! But here.... everyone is shocked and... happy I guess! So many kids were throwing snowballs at each other today.

There's been quite a bit coming down here but it's only just started sticking, it's all been melting all day. So hopefully if it keeps on like this tonight then i wont have school tomorrow:punk:

mikasbestfriend, random, who's the beautiful guy, standing just underneath mika's pic, in your sig? :blink:

jennie, beauuutifuul pics! *wants to be in london without or without the snow..* :wub2:

we have had a strong snowfall yesterday, but it turned into rain and now it's all going and it freaking pours down with rain again.. sigh. :boxed:

Edited by avoca

:biggrin2: I have never seen snow like this! I've been in and out of my house all day! Belle, our dog, has never seen snow (not with us anyway) and it took us ages to get her in! She loved it :naughty: We attempted to make a huge snowman, but we couln't lift it.

We were meant to have a hospital appointment in a hospital pretty much in central London. Got up at 5, no trains, no buses so it was a huge no (if we had gone we'd probably still be there now, wondering how on earth we were going to get home without dying). We eventually got through, at 8:30, our appointment time, and was told even if we had got there, they would be able to do the test cause there wasn't anyone to do it :roftl:

My school and my brother and sister's school was closed today and will be tomorrow.

Snow is gorgeous - especially with a thick blanket like we had today :wub2:

It's pelting down like mad here in Greater Manchester! That's unusual, because Manchester is surrounded by hills, and the snow tends to miss us mostly... But not this time!

However, I'm too old to go sledging, unlike Mika!

wow raining in mancheser is it? there's a big surprise (NOT) it was doing that quite a lot when I lived there a few years back ( I think it's the rainy city or something lol:roftl:) I often visit manchester & often end up looking like a a drowned rat:naughty:

Did anyone see on the news today a couple of people had wrote in to say how 'quickly schools give in'? :roftl: The whole of London is bought to a standstill, yet theyu still expect us to trudge to school ('cause there are no buses or trains) in snow that's almost knee-deep? Pah! Idiots! :roftl:

Did anyone see on the news today a couple of people had wrote in to say how 'quickly schools give in'? :roftl: The whole of London is bought to a standstill, yet theyu still expect us to trudge to school ('cause there are no buses or trains) in snow that's almost knee-deep? Pah! Idiots! :roftl:

God, you kids don't know you are born. We did it all of the time when we were kids and there were a lot more snowy days then than there are now. And what's wrong with a bit of trudging? It would probably do a lot of people a lot of good.

I work with a 67 year old lady who walked to work today because she didn't dare drive and she said the walk was exhilarating.

The whole of London was brought to a standstill because TFL decided to suspend all bus services and some tubes.

Some boroughs gritted well in advance and had people out all through the night and others didn't. They all should have done then it wouldn't have been a problem.

wow I luv it! *cats don't eheh*

f_21853190167m_a13ddbd.jpg

in my town it's too hot and rainy...:thumbdown:

f_3099966950cm_84c7fd1.jpg

we had lots of snow :kachinga:

so much that our school closed. OUR SCHOOL!!!!!!!! that would never close, closed.

although i fell over on the ice and landed on my butt :thumbdown::roftl:

and i made a snowman. but i got annoyed and threw it at the wall :fisch:

i tried to make a snowmika, but the snow would go right :sneaky2:

i hope it snows again tomorrow:blush-anim-cl:

Reading this thread and seeing all the excitment and all the beautiful pics makes me realise how we take our snow for granted here in Québec (province of Canada where I live) lol !!! We have A LOT of snow during winter and snowstorms where we get 20 cm of snow in a few hours is a very common thing. We don't get excited by it anymore. It's so usual for us that we don't get all excited taking pics of it, making snowmen, throwing snowballs, making snow angels. The kids do it but us adults just complain about the amount of snow lol.

Here's what my street looked like after one of the biggest snowstorm we had last winter:

PC030009.jpg

Yes, those are parked cars hehe[/color][/font]