The ABBA Thread

xBillyBrownx

ABBA_logo.png

I've just used the search function and found that we don't have a thread for ABBA :shocked:. I love ABBA, and their music makes me so happy! I'm sure there are many others here who feel the same. So here's a thread for all the ABBA fans out there. :punk:

abba.jpg

Also, if you want to learn more about ABBA visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABBA

(Mods I'm sorry if this thread already exists. If so, feel free to delete)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ABBA is great! :punk:

My father has two abba-albums so I grew up with abba-music! I still listen to them;

My favourite songs are money, money, money and Dancing queen :punk:

Love the picture btw :biggrin2:

That's so cool! I didn't really grow up with ABBA music, but I've grown to love it anyway. Yes these are great songs :D

Haha so do I. Very 70s :cool:.

That's so cool! I didn't really grow up with ABBA music, but I've grown to love it anyway. Yes these are great songs :D

Haha so do I. Very 70s :cool:.

I love those shirts/dresses (whatever it is) :punk:

Last year we did a show with my youth movement and my sister and a few of her friends did a dance on money, money, money. One of them was the 'poor girl' and the others were the 'rich girls'. It was really funny; their clothes! :naughty:

Outside Harrods in London a man was playing steel drums and it was really beautiful, I love steel drums, so I put some money in a little box in front of him.

He thanked me and started a conversation, he asked me where I came from and when I told him I was from Sweden he said: Wait I’ll play an ABBA song for you!:roftl:

And he played Dancing Queen, it was so sweet!:wub2:

I love ABBA. :cheerful_h4h: They consistently produced some of the catchiest music of last century. If I had to choose my favourite song it'd be an 11-way tie: Dancing Queen, Gimme Gimme Gimme, Head Over Heels, SOS, Fernando, Money Money Money, Voulez Vouz, Mamma Mia, Waterloo, Take A Chance On Me, Thank You For The Music. :naughty: Also, their fashion was just damn cool. :glasses3:

I LOVE ABBA!!! :wub2:

Me too,Me too,Me too!!!!

I have two albums of them and in the beginning my friends use to laugh with me but most of them changed their minds about them and now they like them too.

I used to be ashamed for it but when I grow older I didn't anymore and i told everybody.

I get the same feeling from there music as I get from Mika's music.

I like ABBA so much! My dad feels very sentimental about their music so it's kind of always been there. It's so cheerful and positive. Also I don't think they get enough credit for the lyrics, some of them are really good.

So yeah, I've always liked their music but ever since my sister moved to Sweden and I've spent a lot of time there I react to Swedish things more or less like I react to Polish things. I feel partly Swedish hehe. So ABBA is like my family's thing if you know what I mean.

I saw Alice posted the link to the Mamma Mia thread. I loved it! The movie that is, haven't looked at the thread yet :original: I saw it like three times with my sisters and by the third we were singing and dancing. It's that kind of movie that makes you appreciate your life and enjoy it even when there may seem like there's not much to be happy about. It's about the affirmation of life and looking at the bright side. It's something I'm trying to do every day cause well, to put it simply, it's better to be happy than unhappy imo :wink2:

I'll tell you a secret connected to Mamma Mia. My siblings and I have this new annual tradition of going on summer holidays together on our big bdays. This year it'll be my sister's 30th bday. So we're taking this trip and we've got this idea of going to a club on her bday and the three of us (my other two sisters and I) will sing Dancing Queen to her at midnight :biggrin2: We all loved the movie so we'll be prepared, we'll design our costumes and have them made, we'll learn the routine you see at the end of the movie, luckily it's not very complicated. It'll be so embarassing and fun! Lol, I know it's boring but I'm so excited about the idea, I can't believe I have to wait 5 months before we do it :naughty:

I like ABBA so much! My dad feels very sentimental about their music so it's kind of always been there. It's so cheerful and positive. Also I don't think they get enough credit for the lyrics, some of them are really good.

So yeah, I've always liked their music but ever since my sister moved to Sweden and I've spent a lot of time there I react to Swedish things more or less like I react to Polish things. I feel partly Swedish hehe. So ABBA is like my family's thing if you know what I mean.

I saw Alice posted the link to the Mamma Mia thread. I loved it! The movie that is, haven't looked at the thread yet :original: I saw it like three times with my sisters and by the third we were singing and dancing. It's that kind of movie that makes you appreciate your life and enjoy it even when there may seem like there's not much to be happy about. It's about the affirmation of life and looking at the bright side. It's something I'm trying to do every day cause well, to put it simply, it's better to be happy than unhappy imo :wink2:

I'll tell you a secret connected to Mamma Mia. My siblings and I have this new annual tradition of going on summer holidays together on our big bdays. This year it'll be my sister's 30th bday. So we're taking this trip and we've got this idea of going to a club on her bday and the three of us (my other two sisters and I) will sing Dancing Queen to her at midnight :biggrin2: We all loved the movie so we'll be prepared, we'll design our costumes and have them made, we'll learn the routine you see at the end of the movie, luckily it's not very complicated. It'll be so embarassing and fun! Lol, I know it's boring but I'm so excited about the idea, I can't believe I have to wait 5 months before we do it :naughty:

Such a great idea! :punk: I'm sure your sister will be so happy!! Have fun with it!!

I haven't seen the film yet, but it's one of the films on my films to see-list :D

I LOVE ABBA!!! :wub2:

Me too,Me too,Me too!!!!.

I like ABBA so much!

ME TOO I LIKE ABBA! I often listen to their songs. I like DANCING QUEEN, RONG RING, VOULEZ VOUS, FERNANDO, CHIQUITITA, THE WINNER TAKES IT ALL etc...

I have 2 albums of them.

In Italy, in particular in my region, there is a group who sings everytime ABBA's cover; they play a mix of: VOULEZ-VOUS, FERNANDO, DANCING QUEEN, SOS, THE WINNER TAKES IT ALL, MAMMA MIA and MONEY MONEY. I really like this! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNrSRkCLnoQ

:punk:

Super truperrrr laa laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Great stuff

Does anyone has this problem too?

It use to happen quite often lately when I click on a youtube link like this,I get a message from youtube;This video is not available in your country.

I'm getting sick of it.

One year ago it almost never happened and now i get it a lot of times:thumbdown:

It use to happen quite often lately when I click on a youtube link like this,I get a message from youtube;This video is not available in your country.

I'm getting sick of it.

One year ago it almost never happened and now i get it a lot of times:thumbdown:

It's the same for me!

And it seem to happen a lot, I don't know why!:blink:

I went to see Bjorn Again last night!

not Abba but as close as i'm gonna get now!!!!:punk:

Brought back memories of dancing in my bedroom with my friends in the early 80's! and late 70's!!!:shocked::naughty:

Was good fun in my silly fancy dress flares and hippie top!!!!:roftl:

aaaaaaaaaah, there's an ABBA thread!!! finally!!!!!!

i'm an ABBA fan (like crazy,...).

Their music means so much to me, their voices, the songs. important part of my live, like mika (i was an ABBA fan before i was a mika fan, anyway, unimportant)

we want ABBA!:)

sry just got crazy

I went to see Bjorn Again last night!

not Abba but as close as i'm gonna get now!!!!:punk:

Brought back memories of dancing in my bedroom with my friends in the early 80's! and late 70's!!!:shocked::naughty:

Was good fun in my silly fancy dress flares and hippie top!!!!:roftl:

i saw björn again, too, a few years ago. was greaat!!

They are a great classic band :punk:

They have been offerred millions and millions to reform :thumb_yello:

yes!!! They are a great band! I like them so much!

When I don't listen to MIKA, I listen to ABBA.

I'm getting sick of it.

Sometimes me too I have that problem:thumbdown:... (and with MIKA's videos too :sneaky2: )