The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

I had a dream last night/this morning/afternoon/whatever you want to call it/the sleeping period between what was yesterday and what is today. Sorry, what was I talking about? Oh yeah, my dream. So in my dream I on a holiday in Bunbury with my friend when suddenly Mika announced he'd be doing 5 acoustic secret shows in Perth. So I forced Dani to rush back home with me, ditching her somewhere along the way because she doesn't like Mika. There was a complex series of trains that were airplanes on the inside that I had to take to get home and I kept running in to people who were also talking about going to see Mika. It was all very Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist style, no one knew what was going on except that it was going to be in Northbridge, and the first one was tonight. At some point I ended up at my friend's uni (the one who I've asked to go see evermore because Dani doesn't like Evermore either), then I got on a strange train with her, but I had to ditch her eventually too, because I didn't want to reveal how much of a fangurl I am, even though she does like Mika a bit. Then I met a girl on the train who was also desperately trying to go to Mika's secret show so we worked together for a bit, sharing our knowledge. I hadn't been able to log onto MFC in all this time, which was exceptionally furstrating because I KNEW mfc would know exactly where the show would be. So then (after I'd lost that new girl), I texted Petra demanding that she tell me everything she knew. Then I decided I would just go to Northbridge because Northbridge is pretty small and I could probably just do a lap of all the possible venues and look for one with a line of Mika fans. Somewhere along the way Petra joined me and as soon as we arrived in Northbridge we immediately spotted a line of people excitedly filing into a venue. Almost the whole line was in, we knew it was for Mika, Petra joined it, I followed. I watched Petra go in before me, then I was just 10cm away from turning the corner to enter and then Jack barked a really loud annoying yappy bark. I don't know who the **** put Jack in my room, I don't know what the **** he was barking at, but it completely woke me up and I couldn't go back to sleep AT ALL.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to the one in Melb with a friend most likely, then the one in Frankston (for something with Numbers). Love when bands come to Frankston.

And I like evermores new stuff I think, and their old stuff, but then I dunno if its enough for me to go see them. I went off them for awhile.

Haven't seen the video

Here you go lazy, this should be it

(but I cant see it because I accidentally deleted flash player off my computer the other day and can't get it back :naughty:)

That's awesome. I hate when bands come to Rockingham :naughty: Actually, when British India just came to Rockingham that is literally the only time any band I know of has ever come to Rockingham. And it was just embarrassing. The venue was like .. a year 7 disco with the lighting. All the microphones stopped working except for the guitarists, which they had to move to the middle so Declan could sing the actual lyrics. And the crowd was just embarrassing drunkard bogans. My videos are ruined by them shouting out random bogan-like things, and some of them had glow sticks too. Glow sticks, at a British india concert. Oh my gosh.

I used to LOVE Evermore, that was the first band I got into, before Mika. I was completely obsessed with Light Surrounding You. I became depressed when they came to Perth and only played one over 18 show, and I was not over 18. And then I slowly faded to playing them sometimes and then not much. And then I put some fo their music on my mp3 player recently and I just find myself skipping past them. I don't know why. but I skip past Mika most fo the time too, so it's probably not saying much, just that Evermore is NOT the kind of music I want to listen to when I'm on a train being squished by bogans. But I do like the two new songs I've heard :dunno:

We're having a Harathon tonight apparently, starting now (A Harry Potter marathon, the brothers decided we should and I won't say no to a good Harathon)

Hahahaha, awesomeee!!!

We're having a Harathon tonight apparently, starting now (A Harry Potter marathon, the brothers decided we should and I won't say no to a good Harathon)

Rad. My friends and I have started sooo many Harathons, we never get through a single one of the films :roftl:

And also, sucks to be you OKD :aah:

Here you go lazy, this should be it
(but I cant see it because I accidentally deleted flash player off my computer the other day and can't get it back :naughty:)

That's awesome. I hate when bands come to Rockingham :naughty: Actually, when British India just came to Rockingham that is literally the only time any band I know of has ever come to Rockingham. And it was just embarrassing. The venue was like .. a year 7 disco with the lighting. All the microphones stopped working except for the guitarists, which they had to move to the middle so Declan could sing the actual lyrics. And the crowd was just embarrassing drunkard bogans. My videos are ruined by them shouting out random bogan-like things, and some of them had glow sticks too. Glow sticks, at a British india concert. Oh my gosh.

I used to LOVE Evermore, that was the first band I got into, before Mika. I was completely obsessed with Light Surrounding You. I became depressed when they came to Perth and only played one over 18 show, and I was not over 18. And then I slowly faded to playing them sometimes and then not much. And then I put some fo their music on my mp3 player recently and I just find myself skipping past them. I don't know why. but I skip past Mika most fo the time too, so it's probably not saying much, just that Evermore is NOT the kind of music I want to listen to when I'm on a train being squished by bogans. But I do like the two new songs I've heard :dunno:

Hahahaha, awesomeee!!!

Thanks for the link.

Frankston is filled with the bogans as well, and is embaressing mostly. But it also means I can drive to the concert or get dad to drive and catch a taxi home, without having to take dodgy late night trains ft drunken guys trying to chat me up and making me feel unsafe. And there's drunken bogans everywhere.

Oh light surronding you I loved also, but I'm much the same as you are now. Gradually the songs lose my interest, and even though I would enjoy seeing them live, its a matter of there being that little bit of interest to get me to cough up the money to see them.

Rad. My friends and I have started sooo many Harathons, we never get through a single one of the films :roftl:

I tend to do them with my brothers, that way we finish them. We once started a lord of the ringsathon at around 8pm, and managed to finish it in the early morning. The only way to watch those films is a marathon, cos it takes so long to watch just one of them that you may as well stick around for the other two

And also, sucks to be you OKD :aah:

:sneaky2:

Oh and kelzy, I don't think i need an interpretation. Let me have a go myself:

- Last night Something with Numbers announced a tour that includes Perth (or I found out about it anyway)

- Last night I was desperately begging Dani to go on a holiday to bunbury

- Last night I asked Eliza to go see evermore because Dani doesn't like them, but I wouldn't ask her to go see the Kooks or Mika or something even though she quite likes them alot, because I really don't want to reveal any level of fangirlishness to her.

- I watched Nick and Norah's infinite playlist ike 2 weeks ago and have been desperately wanting to go on a concert finding adventure just like it ever since.

- Whenever in doubt, I text Petra :naughty:

- I have always desperately wanted to go to a concert with Petra.

- trains are how I get everywhere :naughty:

Or do you see something different?

Thanks for the link.

Frankston is filled with the bogans as well, and is embaressing mostly. But it also means I can drive to the concert or get dad to drive and catch a taxi home, without having to take dodgy late night trains ft drunken guys trying to chat me up and making me feel unsafe. And there's drunken bogans everywhere.

Oh light surronding you I loved also, but I'm much the same as you are now. Gradually the songs lose my interest, and even though I would enjoy seeing them live, its a matter of there being that little bit of interest to get me to cough up the money to see them.

That's true, you end up with drunkard bogans annoying you either way, but it is easier to enjoy the show when you don't have drunkard bogans trying to dance with you (this happened), and the show is more important that ther ride home :naughty:. Do you have a lot of guards on night trains? We have like 2 per carriage, so the bogans are annoying but not scary :dunno: I can live with it.

That's true it is freaking expensive too, but did you watch the video? They will have a massive wall of televisions playing an intricate thingy they made up, and they are playing the whole album in a row. It does sound like it'd be quite good.

I tend to do them with my brothers, that way we finish them. We once started a lord of the ringsathon at around 8pm, and managed to finish it in the early morning. The only way to watch those films is a marathon, cos it takes so long to watch just one of them that you may as well stick around for the other two

Haha, I've never been able to watch a single LotR movie all the way through :shocked:

Awwww - sorry Happi :huglove:

:teehee: Nope - I am not a veggie - but I have little lambs running

around the fields beside my house - and I can't bear the thought of

them being killed and eaten!! I don't eat lamb!! :blush-anim-cl:

We don't eat lamb either. Mum won't eat lamb cause we've had pets, but it doesn't bother me too much.

Whatm, no link? I must see!

Hope this works...

http://www.facebook.com/inbox/?ref=mb#/profile.php?id=1778210957

:roftl: *doesn't disobey*

Noooo, no you don't :naughty:

Double negative much?

Just a quick update about me and doctores and such... I went to the doctor's today to have a checkup after hospital. Interesting. He said that the cyst had an abnormality that could've turned into cancer if he didn't operate :blink:. He said he'll have to keep a close eye on it.

I'm going for a blood test in two months and going for a checkup in three months. :dunno:

So yeah...

Edited by nico_collard

That's true, you end up with drunkard bogans annoying you either way, but it is easier to enjoy the show when you don't have drunkard bogans trying to dance with you (this happened), and the show is more important that ther ride home :naughty:. Do you have a lot of guards on night trains? We have like 2 per carriage, so the bogans are annoying but not scary :dunno: I can live with it.

That's true it is freaking expensive too, but did you watch the video? They will have a massive wall of televisions playing an intricate thingy they made up, and they are playing the whole album in a row. It does sound like it'd be quite good.

Haha, I've never been able to watch a single LotR movie all the way through :shocked:

Yes, but a crappy ride home can kill the good gig feeling. Sometimes we have night guards, sometimes we don't, I dont know why.

Haven't watched the video yet. Harathon, remember. Will watch tomorrow :wink2:. Don't want to mess with the Harathon. Harry's about to catch the rememberall (?)

NICO! :bye:

hows the book goin'?

Getting there slowly but surely... I posted pictures of the pages I've done in the petition ideas thread...

I'm going to start putting info in the book tomorrow... and Freddie said he'll see what he can do with getting the book to Meeks...

I had a dream last night/this morning/afternoon/whatever you want to call it/the sleeping period between what was yesterday and what is today. Sorry, what was I talking about? Oh yeah, my dream. So in my dream I on a holiday in Bunbury with my friend when suddenly Mika announced he'd be doing 5 acoustic secret shows in Perth. So I forced Dani to rush back home with me, ditching her somewhere along the way because she doesn't like Mika. There was a complex series of trains that were airplanes on the inside that I had to take to get home and I kept running in to people who were also talking about going to see Mika. It was all very Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist style, no one knew what was going on except that it was going to be in Northbridge, and the first one was tonight. At some point I ended up at my friend's uni (the one who I've asked to go see evermore because Dani doesn't like Evermore either), then I got on a strange train with her, but I had to ditch her eventually too, because I didn't want to reveal how much of a fangurl I am, even though she does like Mika a bit. Then I met a girl on the train who was also desperately trying to go to Mika's secret show so we worked together for a bit, sharing our knowledge. I hadn't been able to log onto MFC in all this time, which was exceptionally furstrating because I KNEW mfc would know exactly where the show would be. So then (after I'd lost that new girl), I texted Petra demanding that she tell me everything she knew. Then I decided I would just go to Northbridge because Northbridge is pretty small and I could probably just do a lap of all the possible venues and look for one with a line of Mika fans. Somewhere along the way Petra joined me and as soon as we arrived in Northbridge we immediately spotted a line of people excitedly filing into a venue. Almost the whole line was in, we knew it was for Mika, Petra joined it, I followed. I watched Petra go in before me, then I was just 10cm away from turning the corner to enter and then Jack barked a really loud annoying yappy bark. I don't know who the **** put Jack in my room, I don't know what the **** he was barking at, but it completely woke me up and I couldn't go back to sleep AT ALL.

Must have been a lovely dream although a bit stressful!:roftl:

I love the Nick and Norah’s play list comparison and I fear that this is the way it’s going to be in all countries with this secret gigs….Kinda gets me to loose hope, sorry!:sneaky2:

And why is it that all dreams tend to end in the exact moment something crucial is going to happen??? Dogs or no dogs.:wink2:

Just a quick update about me and doctores and such... I went to the doctor's today to have a checkup after hospital. Interesting. He said that the cyst had an abnormality that could've turned into cancer if he didn't operate :blink:. He said he'll have to keep a close eye on it.

I'm going for a blood test in two months and going for a checkup in three months. :dunno:

So yeah...

:blink: Oh ... I hope it all ends up ok for you Teegs ... :wub2:

:dunno : Not sure... I always wake up when something interesting happens... usually something chickeny...

:lmfao::teehee:

Hello All !! :bye:

Hahaha, aww!

Just a quick update about me and doctors and such... I went to the doctor's today to have a checkup after hospital. Interesting. He said that the cyst had an abnormality that could've turned into cancer if he didn't operate. He said he'll have to keep a close eye on it.

I'm going for a blood test in two months and going for a checkup in three months.

So yeah...

Uh oh. Good you got it removed though!

Yes, but a crappy ride home can kill the good gig feeling. Sometimes we have night guards, sometimes we don't, I dont know why.

Haven't watched the video yet. Harathon, remember. Will watch tomorrow. Don't want to mess with the Harathon. Harry's about to catch the rememberall (?)

Naww, I don't think so. A bunch of drunkard bogans were hitting on us at Burswood station after Dylan Moran last week and it didn't ruin the show :naughty:

Oooh, sorry!!! Remembrall, I believe. Did he catch it before it smashed??

Beeyankar

No, that's pretty much what I would've said too. :naughty:

Haha, okay :roftl: Either I'm a genius dream interpreter or my dreams are blatantly obvious in what parts of my subconscious they represent :naughty:

So yeah...

Just as well they took it out when they did then!! Hope the check-up

gives you the all clear!! :thumb_yello:

OKD: I just watched this brilliant episode from a doco./series on Oz Wildlife Rescue ... on ABC 1 ... if you are still awake ... catch it !! I think you will love it !! :thumb_yello:

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/guide/netw/200905/programs/DO0278W008D4052009T025500.htm

Aww, I can;t turn on the tv because everyone else is asleep, and I also can;t stay up another 2 hours, I have school early tomorrow (although I likely will anyway :naughty:)

Tired fingers :naughty:

Hi OKD :bye:

Hello, I have some part of a group presentation I was supposed to do for tomorrow that I forgot about. I should do it, but I don't want to. Also, I lost the bit of paper that I wrote what I had to do on.

Hello, I have some part of a group presentation I was supposed to do for tomorrow that I forgot about. I should do it, but I don't want to. Also, I lost the bit of paper that I wrote what I had to do on.

It's good to know you never change, OKD. :naughty:

Can't you check with someone else in your group?