The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first moved out of home I didn't know how to cook. My mum sent me kids cookbooks that had really simple recipes and easy step-by-step instructions with illustrations. Maybe you could go check out your public library and see if they have anything like that? Or some of the food/cooking magazines will have editions that are designed for beginning cooks or they will have a kids section with recipes. Otherwise there's heaps of recipes on the internet and heaps of cooking blogs and some people do have pictures and good instructions.

If I burn the place down it'll make for good blogging material! :biggrin2:

Of course she is, really good of her to ring you with the update though. :wub2: Gosh, multiple strokes! She had a stroke and went to the doctor and they didn't even notice, ****! :mad3:

Does anyone know what a "while" means - days/weeks/months? :tears:

Oh no. That series is far too addictive for it's own good. Sorry.

Stroke recovery usually takes weeks at the very least. Often it can take months. Tegan is in for a long journey and will need our support and encouragement even more as time goes on, as sometimes it can seem very slow and people can become disheartened if they don't see really obvious improvements. I think her determined streak will help her though.

Wow- thanks for the update, Bec. I still can't believe this has happened. Can you or someone pm me her address so I can send something to her.

Have just finished reading Twilight- resisted for so long and have finally succumbed- and am addicted :teehee: Am about to head to bed to start reading New Moon

NO ONE MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT TWILIGHT ON THIS THREAD, OKAY!! :naughty:

I can't stand twilight either ... my sister and my boyfriend's sister are so sos so so addicted I agree about no more twilight .. hehehe :roftl::naughty:

Also it's good to hear that Tegan is making some kind of progress ... sendin love and prayers

Firstly..

:groovy:HELLO JU-JU LEA!!!:groovy:

I have to give a 5-minute presentation in my Studies of Religion II (I go to a Catholic school) class tomorrow. It's about the commandments and beatitudes of Christianity and I will be speaking about John Lennon, as an example. :wub2:

i went to a all girls Catholic High School so I share your pain .... I remember doing those speeches all the time and I was so bad at public speaking ... ahhh memories .. :wink2:

Hi. Just heard abt Tegan's current state. I don't know how to relay this to her, but if could for me pls.after a while, once she can move her limbs again, she needs to do" cross crawling exercise" which resembles the crawling of a child but on her back. This is proven to help all areas of the brain to heal after a stroke (it also helps with other things too like reading and becoming less clumsy and more coordinated and balanced).

i went to a all girls Catholic High School so I share your pain .... I remember doing those speeches all the time and I was so bad at public speaking ... ahhh memories .. :wink2:

I recently had to perform a liturgy for RE. It was...interesting... :naughty:

I'm not really religious, despite attending the catholic school, and kinda didn't really know how it was supposed to go. Luckily we worked in groups, so I had friends to guide me.

I found out today that the scholarship that I'm applying for usually accepts around 35 people. That's more than I expected! Fingers crossed I'll make it into the shortlist at least!

Good to hear that Teegs is beginning to make some sort of recovery process... =]

Flowers for Teegs from Mika arrived at Zoe's at 2:50pm this afternoon accompanied with a message.

They are HUGE!!!!! :shocked:

Zoe's taking pics from multiple angles as we speak..

And then taking them into Teegs once visiting hours start.

More details soon..

I have to say, I really love Mika at times like these. :pinkbow:

Flowers for Teegs from Mika arrived at Zoe's at 2:50pm this afternoon accompanied with a message.

More details soon..

He's gorgeous

Stuck at home with both my kids suffering from the flu. I think I can feel it slowly creeping onto me too. Been to the chemist 3 times in two days. Spent first half of my night hallucinating abt Mika in Sydney and me following him and not being able to talk to him, and the second half trying to bring down Steph's temperature. Feeling like a zombie which explains why I was looking at the customer's faces at the chemist expecting to find Mika (lol) (not that He's coming near the Shire).

By the way I was mortified when I saw that People's magasine thingy. Believed it was true and was in total shock until I read some of the replies (a mother's brain). Glad the weather is nice here so that He can enjoy his trip. From His tweet yesterday, I felt like He's having some difficulties in His tour (manager on the phone for a while, Him dining alone, waiter thinks they argued...) I hope He gets the best of Sydney. He deserves it.

More details soon..

Woah, that's so sweet! :wub2:

I am so glad about the flowers arriving. What a heart our Mika has. :wub2:

Looking forward to the photos!

Here they are. Teegs should've seen them by now so I'll post here.

DSC01253.jpg

Here they are. Teegs should've seen them by now so I'll post here.

DSC01253.jpg

And that is true Mika for you - a wonderful gesture from out of the blue. I thought the tweet was nice - but flowers as well !!

The flowers are beautiful and a wonderfully thoughtful gesture. It's a shame they weren't delivered under happier circumstances.

Right, am off to the gym, look forward to some exciting messages when I return!

Hi. Just heard abt Tegan's current state. I don't know how to relay this to her, but if could for me pls.after a while, once she can move her limbs again, she needs to do" cross crawling exercise" which resembles the crawling of a child but on her back. This is proven to help all areas of the brain to heal after a stroke (it also helps with other things too like reading and becoming less clumsy and more coordinated and balanced).

I relayed this (about the cross crawling exercise) to Zoe the other night as soon as I heard about Tegan's stroke ... hopefully the doctors & nurses there are savvy to it ... they can do it for her manually ... the sooner after a stroke, the better . :thumb_yello:

More details soon..

Yes, it's very thoughtful of him!:wub2:

Stuck at home with both my kids suffering from the flu. I think I can feel it slowly creeping onto me too. Been to the chemist 3 times in two days. Spent first half of my night hallucinating abt Mika in Sydney and me following him and not being able to talk to him, and the second half trying to bring down Steph's temperature. Feeling like a zombie which explains why I was looking at the customer's faces at the chemist expecting to find Mika (lol) (not that He's coming near the Shire).

By the way I was mortified when I saw that People's magasine thingy. Believed it was true and was in total shock until I read some of the replies (a mother's brain). Glad the weather is nice here so that He can enjoy his trip. From His tweet yesterday, I felt like He's having some difficulties in His tour (manager on the phone for a while, Him dining alone, waiter thinks they argued...) I hope He gets the best of Sydney. He deserves it.

Isn't this what we all do when we are left alone with a table in a restaurant, pick up our cell phone or whatever device we got and makes us busy with it?:wink2:

And oh, you are so new, but an advise would be: When you see IngievV as the author or the posting person, watch out!:roftl:

She the sweetest thing with a hugh sense of humour!:wub2:

I also sent some flowers to Tegan on behalf of MFC. Maybe she'll get them tomorrow?? Zoe, can you let me know...again, pls surprise Teegs, don't tell her.:wink2:

Oh that's very sweet of you!!! Hopefully she'll get them tomorrow!!! Oh and I'll definitely surprise her like I did with the flowers from Mika...