BLUE EYES - Lyrics Discussion

Just thought I'd post some major news. 'Blue Eyes' is now officially the only Mika song to date that my dear long suffering husband has admitted to liking. He said it the other day and I nearly drove my car into a lampost in shock.

:shocked:

:naughty:

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I'd post some major news. 'Blue Eyes' is now officially the only Mika song to date that my dear long suffering husband has admitted to liking. He said it the other day and I nearly drove my car into a lampost in shock.

:shocked:

:naughty:

:roftl: My next door neighbours kid is abbout 4 and she loves Blue Eyes... sometimes I can hear her mom playing it for her in the garden :naughty:

Lyrics from Mikasounds

-------------------

Your heart is broken

To your surprise

You're sick of crying

For blue eyes

So tired of living

Misunderstood

You think you're a woman

I think you should go…

PRECHORUS 1

...for sorrow is so peculiar

comes in a day

then it will never leave you

you take a pill

wonder if it will fix you

then wonder why

sorrow has never left you

CHORUS 1

I'm talkin' about blue eyes, blue eyes

what’s a matter, matter?

blue eyes blue eyes

what’s a matter, matter?

so blind, so blind

what’s a matter, matter?

blue eyes, blue eyes

what’s a matter with you?

VERSE 2

your heart got broken

on the Underground

go find your spirit

in the lost and found

Oh I’ve been watching

how you behave

not much like a lover

more like a slave

PRECHORUS 2

oh sorrow is so peculiar

comes in a day

then it will never leave you

you take a pill

wonder if it will fix you

then wonder why

sorrow has never left you

CHORUS 2

I'm talkin' about blue eyes, blue eyes

what’s a matter, matter?

blue eyes blue eyes

what’s a matter, matter?

so blind, so blind

what’s a matter, matter?

blue eyes, blue eyes

what’s a matter with you?

Someone care to explain?

I still don't get it.:wink2:

what dont you get? :)

This words, makes no sense to me!:naughty:

You think you're a woman

I think you should go…

I understand the actual words of course but what does he mean by putting them like this?:blink:

An underlying meaning? Some kind of symbolic talk? It's a mystery!:wink2:

It has come to the point that I skip that song on the CD because I just get stuck in what the **** he means and then I miss the rest of the song!:roftl:

This words, makes no sense to me!:naughty:

You think you're a woman

I think you should go…

I understand the actual words of course but what does he mean by putting them like this?:blink:

An underlying meaning? Some kind of symbolic talk? It's a mystery!:wink2:

It has come to the point that I skip that song on the CD because I just get stuck in what the **** he means and then I miss the rest of the song!:roftl:

Didn't Mika said recently on an gig this was about a woman he saw crying on the underground?

Maybe the whole line is an encouragement to her, if you think you're a woman, get up, say goodbye to sadness and leave the underground, go out to the light, as you're seeing things so dark now...

Or maybe it's coz i bumped my head and started to see things where they are not...:mf_rosetinted:

I'm not sure he autually saw the woman o nthe train he just thoguht he wanted to write a story about a woman on the train.

I think it's a cheer up type of song. Like he is talking to a woman who just got out of a bad relationship or something. It's high up in my my favorites list that is for sure.

I'm not sure he autually saw the woman o nthe train he just thoguht he wanted to write a story about a woman on the train.

I think it's a cheer up type of song. Like he is talking to a woman who just got out of a bad relationship or something. It's high up in my my favorites list that is for sure.

I think he did though. I seem to remember him mentioning that the woman probably thought he was a weirdo because he was looking at her or something. Then again, he said before that the lost and found at the train station inspired the whole story. :dunno: We never really know the truth when it comes to Mika. :teehee:

Didn't Mika said recently on an gig this was about a woman he saw crying on the underground?

Maybe the whole line is an encouragement to her, if you think you're a woman, get up, say goodbye to sadness and leave the underground, go out to the light, as you're seeing things so dark now...

Or maybe it's coz i bumped my head and started to see things where they are not...:mf_rosetinted:

Oh I can go with that!:thumb_yello:

Something to hold on to instead of being confused every time you hear the song!

Thanks!:original:

I think he did though. I seem to remember him mentioning that the woman probably thought he was a weirdo because he was looking at her or something. Then again, he said before that the lost and found at the train station inspired the whole story. :dunno: We never really know the truth when it comes to Mika. :teehee:

I was thinking of that myspace interivew he did about Blue Eyes. Hrmmf who knows what goes on in the curly mop of his. <3 the song still makes me sing loudly in the car anyway and that is all that matters.

• 3 years later...
Here is the answer: to the question about the meaning of "Blue Eyes"

thank you for that video! I never thought this song is about a women who lose her heart in the subway.

But still I wonder why blue eyes? any meanings for that?

thank you for that video! I never thought this song is about a women who lose her heart in the subway.

But still I wonder why blue eyes? any meanings for that?

reading the lines

''you're sick of crying for blue eyes...''

seem like to be the eyes colours of the person who she had a break up with