WOW.

look at this *short* convo i just had with a mika-hating friend on MSN -

Ethan says:

Man I love Blue Eyes

Charlotte. says:

its such a awesome song, aye?

*goes all fangurly*

Ethan says:

Hard out. I could sing it all day and all night.

Charlotte. says:

lol

Ethan says:

Thanks for introducing me to Mika. I always thought that he sucked. But not anymore.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or Mika's songs are too easy :teehee:

I know someone else who says that, and he knows what he's talking about :crybaby:

But in any case, you're good, and that is independently of Mika's songs being simple or not :wub2:

WOW.

look at this *short* convo i just had with a mika-hating friend on MSN -

Ethan says:

Man I love Blue Eyes

Charlotte. says:

its such a awesome song, aye?

*goes all fangurly*

Ethan says:

Hard out. I could sing it all day and all night.

Charlotte. says:

lol

Ethan says:

Thanks for introducing me to Mika. I always thought that he sucked. But not anymore.

Result! Good work :thumb_yello:.

I was bored :teehee:

So beautiful!!:wub2::wub2::wub2:

Yes Mika's songs are not complicated musically, most pop songs are not, that's what makes them pop songs, Beatles are a great example of that and many more...:wink2:

But Mika's latest songs have a way to let the melody twist and turn in the most intricate and delightful way:blush-anim-cl: lovely!

And Nono, I couldn't help notice your double watches; you are like a little sister to Mika, your big talent for music, choosing the piano as your instrument and all!:wub2:

now that I listened to the"refined" version of BE, I dislike it a little less :blush-anim-cl:, but I still wouldn't go for it as to spontaneous choice, and it's the weakest of the new songs IMHO.

then again, I had also least faves in LICM, thought overall I liked and listened to them all and didn't use to forward the CD while playing it.

time's helped a little and esp. the definitive version of the song meets my tastes more. maybe it'll get better than it is now. :blink:

I don't know if anyone cares bout what I think but...I kinda like it...:teehee:

it just makes me think of a sunny vacation and I don't know it is just a happy song - I really like it!

I soo can't wait for TOY BOY:aah:

A bientot,

Bianca

xx

it just makes me think of a sunny vacation and I don't know it is just a happy song - I really like it!

I am not one for interpreting songs but I think it's pretty safe to say the lyrics are not about being happy. :naughty:

The music does remind me of the Caribbean though, a bit of a calypso feel.

Classic Mika...happy tune, dark words, deception. All the little 5 year olds will be singing about taking pills wondering if it will fix them.....last time they were sucking too hard on their lollipops....

I am not one for interpreting songs but I think it's pretty safe to say the lyrics are not about being happy. :naughty:

Agreed, lyrically it's obviously not a happy song. It just has that sad lyric/happy sound dichotomy which Mika is really adept at.

I get a more African feel from the beat. Although of course, African beats and Calypso beats are related. It sounds like something I used to hear in the African-themed nightclubs I sometimes used to go to when I lived in Portugal.

I get a more African feel from the beat.

Ah yes, yes I know what you mean now. The guitar intro sounds a lot like an African inspired song by this Sheffield band my former boss managed.

It's the keyboards in the chorus that remind me of a steel drum calypso thing.

yep that is what it feels like to me, I almost expected some steel drums :wub2: I love steel drums :biggrin2: I can just visualize being on holiday in a nice warm sunny place feeling all woozy (maybe a thing in common with lonely alcoholic lol), listening to this and watching ppl boogie on the dance floor all sun tanned. Is he gonna bring this one out on single, I reckon it's catchy enough.

this is Mikas' magic: making you feel good through a sad song :blush-anim-cl:

Classic Mika...happy tune, dark words, deception. All the little 5 year olds will be singing about taking pills wondering if it will fix them.....last time they were sucking too hard on their lollipops....

true :roftl::roftl::roftl:

:jawdrop

:fangurl:

*joins the nono fan club*

Boredom obviously becomes you, my dear:biggrin2

it's great!:thumb_yello

i love the drawing behind :bleh

I know someone else who says that, and he knows what he's talking about :crybaby

But in any case, you're good, and that is independently of Mika's songs being simple or not :wub2

Who, Aurelien? (did I spell it right? haha)

So beautiful!!:wub2::wub2:wub2

Yes Mika's songs are not complicated musically, most pop songs are not, that's what makes them pop songs, Beatles are a great example of that and many more...:wink2

But Mika's latest songs have a way to let the melody twist and turn in the most intricate and delightful way:blush-anim-cl lovely!

And Nono, I couldn't help notice your double watches; you are like a little sister to Mika, your big talent for music, choosing the piano as your instrument and all!:wub2:

Shouldn't we create a sub-fan club inside MFC, called "NFC" as for "Nono Fan Club"???:shocked::wink2:wub2

I'm about a second away from crying :tears:

You guys are much too kind. Thank you very much!

I love it! Although I haven't been able to listen to it properly yet.. and yes like some said has a Caribbean/African feel to it that makes the tune so catchy :biggrin2:

Edited by Miro

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Blue Eyes-*to the left*

Blue Eyes-*to the right*

huladance.jpg

waits for WW to photoshop this pic and put mika's head on one of the kids :mf_rosetinted:

Blue Eyes-*to the left*

Blue Eyes-*to the right*

huladance.jpg

waits for WW to photoshop this pic and put mika's head on one of the kids :mf_rosetinted:

I'm not THAT predictable, expect the unexpectable, possibilities are endlesssss....:biggrin2:

hula.gif

Edited by willywonka

I'm not THAT predictable, expect the unexpectable, possibilities are endlesssss....:biggrin2:

heeey!!!:sneaky2:

just delete it before anyone else see it:roftl:

and i can send a pic of me doing the hula dance if you want. no need to waste your photoshop skills on me really:

edit:thx:naughty:

Edited by dilek

Just had a quick listen to the EP version of Blue Eyes and it reminds me of Paul Simon circa:Graceland, specifically Diamonds on the soles of her shoes.

Anyone else know what i mean?