Mika in the spanish press (Journalist meeting on Friday 8 May)

Queenie

Really? I'm an architect! What are the odds?

Well, there goes another perfectly normal thread gone random again

I used to want to be an architect but I was told it was too much of a masculine job:blink:.. I was good at Maths but would have probably had to work on arts...

I also used to work as an interpreter and translator but only during uni. Never a tourist guide, only for friends

Yeah, they told me the same when I said I wanted to be an architect. Actually, you don't have to be a math genius (I know I'm not:blink:). And you are surrounded by guys must of the time, but that was a plus for me.And I'm quite girlie, in spite of the muddy boots I'm wearing right now

Oh, and Mika rocks! Just to stay on topic you know:

Ain't this freaky???

All the 3 of us have something to do with architecture, arts, translation and Mika?:shocked:

And we like to off topic random threads, too...:naughty:

:mf_rosetinted::biggrin2::roftl:

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

fotomika-245x300.jpg

http://www.tonyaguilar.es/wp/?s=mika&x=45&y=11

"A lebanese in Madrid"

"This weekend I've been listening to the new record of one of the artists that has surprised me the most in the past few years. I promiss you that he's been the "powerplay" of my car for a long time.

He personally is presenting to the press his second work because he says his success of the first one was such a surprise that he didn't have the time to do it. (?) I've been chatting with him about the pressure of recording an album when the first has sold 5 million copies. Of how he escaped for months to digest this, of how he composed his new songs and his neighbourhood's(??) when he was little. It's clear that as in castillian as in english, when you get to see your neighbourhood after all the years, it's tremendly small! he, he. The first that Mika launches in the 25th of May is an EP called "Songs For Sorrow". It's acoustic, basically with voice and piano like in the theme "Lady Jane" or in the tremendous song called "Lonely Alcoholic". It will be launched inside of a (?) book.

But in September, the second one will come. The first single isn't decided yet, it could be "We are Golden", or maybe "Blame it on the girls" (I'm remembering the titles from my memory.). They're great. What is clear is that the second single will be Rain. A dance theme with the style of "Relax, Take It Easy". When we ended the chat, I told him: "You're closer than I supposed you would" (I don't know how to translate the swearing) What he is in height is what he is of nice(?) at least doing the promo, he, he. And smiling both of us posed for this photo."

Translation by Carlota (Neiobi), I think it's quite ok but if you guys think it needs some correction please be our guests..;)

thank you Carla & Carlota! :thumb_yello:

from MS 3d :wink2:

You got it all, Carlota, that is what the article said. You translated it very well. The only bit you missed (the "swearing") was when he said "me has caido de puta madre" which means that he really liked Mika and got on with him.

And yes, closer he means as in approachable. That he found Mika more approachable than he would have imagined beforehand.

marina, I read your msg on my wall, just don't get the MS 3d????:shocked:

Carla, I thought it'd be a good thing to quote Sara's post from Mikasounds & Twitter 3d, as she talks about the article

http://www.tonyaguilar.es/wp/?s=mika&x=45&y=11

"A lebanese in Madrid"

"This weekend I've been listening to the new record of one of the artists that has surprised me the most in the past few years. I promiss you that he's been the "powerplay" of my car for a long time.

He personally is presenting to the press his second work because he says his success of the first one was such a surprise that he didn't have the time to do it. (?) I've been chatting with him about the pressure of recording an album when the first has sold 5 million copies. Of how he escaped for months to digest this, of how he composed his new songs and his neighbourhood's(??) when he was little. It's clear that as in castillian as in english, when you get to see your neighbourhood after all the years, it's tremendly small! he, he. The first that Mika launches in the 25th of May is an EP called "Songs For Sorrow". It's acoustic, basically with voice and piano like in the theme "Lady Jane" or in the tremendous song called "Lonely Alcoholic". It will be launched inside of a (?) book.

But in September, the second one will come. The first single isn't decided yet, it could be "We are Golden", or maybe "Blame it on the girls" (I'm remembering the titles from my memory.). They're great. What is clear is that the second single will be Rain. A dance theme with the style of "Relax, Take It Easy". When we ended the chat, I told him: "You're closer than I supposed you would" (I don't know how to translate the swearing) What he is in height is what he is of nice(?) at least doing the promo, he, he. And smiling both of us posed for this photo."

it's just curiosity

how did you find this article? or where did you find it? :)

it's just curiosity

how did you find this article? or where did you find it? :)

Don't you know we are MFCIA???:shocked:

We know everything, we find everything...:naughty:

Follow the link, it'll get you to some spanish journalist or whatever's blog...:wink2:

Follow the link, it'll get you to some spanish journalist or whatever's blog...:wink2:

:naughty: MFCIA

you are so funny!!!

Are you spanish?

Ever heard of this Aguilar guy???

nope, I'm from Mexico :P

do you know how those reporters got the entrance in that sort of press conference with Mika?? I mean, did they request to be there or they were invited??

nope, I'm from Mexico :P

do you know how those reporters got the entrance in that sort of press conference with Mika?? I mean, did they request to be there or they were invited??

From what I read in Press all over Europe, Mika himself invited a certain number of journalists over for "lunch or dinner press conferences"...either on restaurants, radio stations and studios...

From what I read in Press all over Europe, Mika himself invited a certain number of journalists over for "lunch or dinner press conferences"...either on restaurants, radio stations and studios...

ohh... amazing

I wish I could be one of those reporters :aah:

MFCIA :roftl::roftl::roftl:

Thanks LeiRe:biggrin2:

Hah I was really wondering, if no one knew him and didn't have a great influence in the media why would he be there on the studio with other journalists... But get it now!

Thanks LeiRe:biggrin2:

Hah I was really wondering, if no one knew him and didn't have a great influence in the media why would he be there on the studio with other journalists... But get it now!

You're welcome! :thumb_yello:

• 1 month later...
it's a nice pic so we cant really complain:naughty:

t4p

True... :naughty:

You're welcome! :wink2:

-----------------------

Well, since no volunteers for translating, apparently, I’ll try and do it, even though there’s nothing new. Please forgive my mistakes :blush-anim-cl:

Title: “Mika, dancing in underpants”

Subtitle: “Next album from RELAX, TAKE IT EASY author will be like this”

And then:

“I really felt like continuing with capturing my life course (?). While my first album focused on my life between 6 and 12 years old, this one does on 15 to 18. That is, love, lack of affection, jealousy and me, aged 15, dancing in underpants in front of the mirror”. Thus Mika explains how his eagerly awaited second album is going to be (in September). We had the chance to listen to it in a Madrid studio. There will be songs like “We Are Golden”, possibly his first single, depicting youth nonconformity by means of rock (?); in “Rain” he leads us to the dance floor, as he did with “Relax, Take It Easy”. And “I See You” is a ballad “about what you feel when you’re in love and get fascinated staring at that person, knowing you’ll never confess your feelings”, as he explains.

Down left corner of the pic: “Recording his new album just before stripping off” :aah:

-----------------------

Well, since no volunteers for translating, apparently, I’ll try and do it, even though there’s nothing new. Please forgive my mistakes :blush-anim-cl:

And then:

“I really felt like continuing with capturing my life course (?). While my first album focused on my life between 6 and 12 years old, this one does on 15 to 18. That is, love, lack of affection, jealousy and me, aged 15, dancing in underpants in front of the mirror”. Thus Mika explains how his eagerly awaited second album is going to be (in September). We had the chance to listen to it in a Madrid studio. There will be songs like “We Are Golden”, possibly his first single, depicting youth nonconformity by means of rock (?); in “Rain” he leads us to the dance floor, as he did with “Relax, Take It Easy”. And “I See You” is a ballad “about what you feel when you’re in love and get fascinated staring at that person, knowing you’ll never confess your feelings”, as he explains.

Down left corner of the pic: “Recording his new album just before stripping off” :aah:

Rock eh? Nice.

Haha, the meaning of I see you sounds so familiar.

I can't wait!

This seems to be the only pic they have in my country :naughty:

Mika40.jpg

And then:

Thanks for the pic and translation :thumb_yello:

-----------------------

And then:

thanks for translating:thumb_yello: