Mika in the spanish press (Journalist meeting on Friday 8 May)

Queenie

Thanks for the articles. The EP sounds so good, and the album asewll. Love the part where he says that sometimes he finds some of us camping in front of his house:lmfao: And the underwear part of course.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Part 3 and final:

After listening, we were led to an improvised bar in the study, where we had the opportunity to talk face to face to the artist. Mika had made clear that he was not interested in giving interviews, only to chat informally with the journalists and to exchange impressions. During the conversation, Mika spoke about the unique relationship he keeps with his fans via the web: "They are the reason of my success. They are very respectful with my private life, although, as they all know where I live, I always find someone camping in front of my house.":shocked: Also he told us that, when performing live, his nerves prevent him from enjoying the experience in its entirety: "I gave my best concerts when I was fifteen, in my bedroom, singing in my underwear in front of the the mirror":roftl:. Finally, before leaving to enjoy Madrid nightlife, Mika offered us a small reflection on his music:" Any feeling can serve as inspiration, also the negatives. Anger is an excellent engine (motor?) to write songs. But it is important not to transmit this negative attitude, the music must embrace the listener, not reject them.

Needless to say, the smilies are mine.::

:lmfao::roftl::lmao::floor:

I LOVE him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the articles. The EP sounds so good, and the album asewll. Love the part where he says that sometimes he finds some of us camping in front of his house:lmfao: And the underwear part of course.

:lmao: didnt read everything,but tnx 4 saying that interesting parts-niiiiiiiice...:lmfao:

he's genious!:naughty:

"I want to be your brother, your sister, your father, your sweater, I want to be what touches you".

you're welcome :teehee:

"I gave my best concerts when I was fifteen, in my bedroom, singing in my underwear in front of the the mirror"

:shocked: i wish i could make him 15 again ...

Eh, actually, I'd rather not!!!:blink:

Ehm, not as if in a sexual sense or anything, just like a cute kid who's imagining he's a popstar and playing around :blink:

Me either..He looks too young. Not even near 15:teehee:

I think he was 15 or 16 when the picture was taken. :naughty:

Ehm, not as if in a sexual sense or anything, just like a cute kid who's imagining he's a popstar and playing around :blink:

I know but still, he looks really young. Like he's not that age.

I know but still, he looks really young. Like he's not that age.

Well... Either way, he's cute IMO :wink2:

I read somewhere he was about 13 in that pic :teehee:

I'm trying to find the full-sized picture now, I know I have it somewhere... In the corner of it it says how old he was back then.

Well... Either way, he's cute IMO :wink2:

I'm trying to find the full-sized picture now, I know I have it somewhere... In the corner of it it says how old he was back then.

Of course he is:bleh::wub2::teehee:

Well, I guess the thought of him dancing around,:roftl: with a hairbrush in hand, singing at the top of his voice, is pretty funny!

I see you is an ethereal ballad with piano and strings, in which the artist remembers what is like to be fifteen years old, to be in love with someone and to stare at them with loving eyes without daring to confess your feelings. Touches you is a funky song that reminds of Prince, with an irresistible chorus: "I want to be your brother, your sister, your father, your sweater, I want to be what touches you". Good gone girl opens like a cabaret song that ends up with a luminous pop with echoes of Beach Boys. Finally, we could listen to the song that will close the album, a jazz ballad in wich the voice of Mika, sat at the piano, seems to be transformed into the voice singer Billie Holiday.???

I hope it's ok, I didn't realize translating was so difficult!:boxed:

why i have the feeling that "i see you" is actually "i'm falling":blink: