Mika in the spanish press (Journalist meeting on Friday 8 May)

Queenie

From what I can see you did a great job, there are a few words wrong for example when it says "topic" it really means "song", but other than that it's fine:thumb_yello:

This is the translation for the small newspaper clipping LeiRe posted:

Learn Mika's adolescence song by song.

We listened next to him his new work.

He's as tall and lanky as you would imagine, though he surprises us with his friendliness and his spanish.Mika, Grace Kelly's superstar, introduced us last friday in Madrid the latest songs for his new album, wich arrives next autumn, and the anti-stress first course, as he defined it, set for limited release on may the 25th. Qué! was there, and we can assure you that it sounds so, so good.:biggrin2:

The singer that made the lists explode with Grace Kelly has new tracks to present.

"In the new cd I sing about things that happened to me while I was 15 to 18 yo"

"It's turbulent to write a second album, more if you're talking about your life"

"I realized I wasn't going to perform until I had new songs, and that overwhelmed me"

Under the picture it says "Some could learn from him"

Red wine, ham and confessions between laughs

Five million records sold haven't changed him a bit.Mika stopped by Madrid and chatted for over three hours with journalists and followers of his career.He promised that he would go out for tapas and that he felt like "burning" the city.(that I guess is a spanish expression)

Four months apart

First comes a "burtonian" first work.It`s called Songs for sorrow and it was his anti-stress therapy, he explains between laughs and wine.

Four new songs that seem extracted from a Tim Burton movie.

25 of may on sale.

And in September, he comes back with a bang (that expresion is mine, I don't know how to translate from the original)

" I don't have a definite title, and I haven't decided on my first single".He is between Golden or Blame it on the girls. Disco like and sticky, his new work is going to be even bigger.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Part II

So, while "Golden" portrays a solid rock batch of teenage dreams, "Rain" carries the listener to the 70's and the beating sucess of discosound.

:blink:

.. I have only read the first sentence and already would like to comment...

70s disco with rain????? .--- Eruption: I Can't Stand the Rain... is what I am thinking of

(PS: I know it's not the original version, don't tell me)

Thank you Marina, but I think it needs correction from spanish MFC'rs, I asked natmika to do it...:wink2:

Don't worry Carla, I'll have a look at the corrections :wink2:

anyway you did a great job and yr English is really good! :thumb_yello:

However, by the time he sat down to compose the themes of this new work, the Muses abandoned him: "I was blocked, totally unable to deal with the idea of having to make a full album. "There was this wholesome pressure - he explained - caused by the success of 'Life in Cartoon Motion'. So I decided it would be better to go step by step, and the possibility of doing an EP emerged".

Thank you ! Great job!:thumb_yello:

I'm so happy he finally got going with his songwriting, can't even imagin the pressure he must have felt!

And in September, he comes back with a bang (that expresion is mine, I don't know how to translate from the original)

" I don't have a definite title, and I haven't decided on my first single".He is between Golden or Blame it on the girls. Disco like and sticky, his new work is going to be even bigger.

Wow, sounds like good album titles to me!:wub2:

Don't worry Carla, I'll have a look at the corrections :wink2:

anyway you did a great job and yr English is really good! :thumb_yello:

I lurv your name and i adore to write it...:wub2:

I was supposed to be called Marina like you coz my dad lurved this...:naughty:

"If my first album was centered in my life between 6 and 12, this one covers the ages 15 to 18", Mika trusted us.

Riiight, Mika. So at 12, you were warning your sister - who was what, 6 at the time? To stay away from boys as long as possible? :roftl:

Sounds like easily digestible PR spin to me, rather than genuine insight into his mindset when writing this album :naughty:

Although, I *did* say that I thought Toy Boy was about a relationship when he was in school, around 17 or so. So maybe I'm right about that. :das:

I lurv your name and i adore to write it...:wub2:

I was supposed to be called Marina like you coz my dad lurved this...:naughty:

Thanks Carla :blush-anim-cl:

And I lurv yours cuz its my mum's name :wub2:

Think they called me Marina after this song ....... when I was born it was very popular :wub2:

Riiight, Mika. So at 12, you were warning your sister - who was what, 6 at the time? To stay away from boys as long as possible? :roftl:

Sounds like easily digestible PR spin to me, rather than genuine insight into his mindset when writing this album :naughty:

Although, I *did* say that I thought Toy Boy was about a relationship when he was in school, around 17 or so. So maybe I'm right about that. :das:

I rather believe that 'Toy boy' is about a relationship that started on the day he was born, the feminine counterpart of 'Stuck in the middle' but then his lyrics are cryptic enough for everyone to put in them what they want to :wink2: .

Cheers,

Id3

My understanding of what he wanted to say is that with LICM he reflected stories around him from the viewpoint of a young boy , pre-adolescence. That is why he was working with pictures and phrases that are easy to understand - a kid's interpretation of the world around him . The story line underneath, however, is more complex.

To me there is no real contradiction but I am a mind-reader:naughty:

You are translator, Williwonka?:shocked:Wow! I had to translate about 200 words and I'm beat, thinking in two languages at the same time hurts!

I am...i think in 3 languages at the same time, what does that make me???:biggrin2:

Riiight, Mika. So at 12, you were warning your sister - who was what, 6 at the time? To stay away from boys as long as possible?

Sounds like easily digestible PR spin to me, rather than genuine insight into his mindset when writing this album

Precocious little fella...:naughty:

Thanks Carla :blush-anim-cl:

And I lurv yours cuz its my mum's name :wub2:

Think they called me Marina after this song ....... when I was born it was very popular :wub2:

Carla is a very common name there too innit?.

My oldest daughter's name is Carlota, and the youngest Concha..

Thanks LeiRe for posting the article!:biggrin2:

:thumb_yello:

Part II

So, while "Golden" portrays a solid rock batch of teenage dreams, "Rain" carries the listener to the 70's and the beating sucess of discosound.

This is the translation for the small newspaper clipping LeiRe posted

Thank you both for the translations! :wink2:

He promised that he would go out for tapas and that he felt like "burning" the city.(that I guess is a spanish expression)

It is :thumb_yello:

And he kept his promise indeed :naughty:

My understanding of what he wanted to say is that with LICM he reflected stories around him from the viewpoint of a young boy , pre-adolescence. That is why he was working with pictures and phrases that are easy to understand - a kid's interpretation of the world around him . The story line underneath, however, is more complex.

totally agree with you! i think too that what he said was about the way the songs/artwork/stories are presented. it's not like he told us stories of what he did as a child in LICM, many songs like BG werent even about him. but they way they were presented, like the drawings with the bright colors, resembled a bit the way a kid would approach these stories.

I am...i think in 3 languages at the same time, what does that make me???:biggrin2:

Wonka goes well with bonkers:freak:

Seriously, I don't think in spanish when I speak english, but having to actually translate it is difficult.And to think that I actually considered it as a career when I was in highschool.

I was forced to consider it as a career as I had no Maths grades high enough for Architecture, and after 3 years of Arts - Painting/Drawing/Sculpture Courses that my parents didn't approve, I HAD to take something so I went for the easiest PHD - Translation/Interpreter, but soon got fed up with showing fat tourists around Lisbon...LOL

I was forced to consider it as a career as I had no Maths grades high enough for Architecture, and after 3 years of Arts - Painting/Drawing/Sculpture Courses that my parents didn't approve, I HAD to take something so I went for the easiest PHD - Translation/Interpreter, but soon got fed up with showing fat tourists around Lisbon...LOL

Really? I'm an architect! What are the odds?:naughty:

Well, there goes another perfectly normal thread gone random again:roftl:

:offtopic:

I used to want to be an architect but I was told it was too much of a masculine job:blink:.. I was good at Maths but would have probably had to work on arts...

I also used to work as an interpreter and translator but only during uni. Never a tourist guide, only for friends:naughty:

Yeah, they told me the same when I said I wanted to be an architect. Actually, you don't have to be a math genius (I know I'm not:blink:). And you are surrounded by guys must of the time, but that was a plus for me:naughty:.And I'm quite girlie, in spite of the muddy boots I'm wearing right now.:biggrin2:

Oh, and Mika rocks! Just to stay on topic you know:mf_rosetinted: