Mika in Belgian Press - 2009

Very nice article!

img0480o.jpg

Text:

img0481r.jpg

Edit;

Translation:

I've finished my translation (typo's included):

Hasselt - Hold yourselves for a new offensive of Mika, the singer who became famous in 2007 and suddenly was a superstar.

An EP, an album in september and a sitting concert in Brussels on june 4th are the main points of the campagne that the curly head proposed himself in Brussels yesterday.

Even his own record company Universal was shocked by the plans of the Libenese-French-British vedette.

The past weeks the 25-year old travelled througout Europe to personally make journalists hear his new album and inviting them for dinner.

Credit Crunch

Yesterday it was Brussels' turn. In the expensive ICP studio the star played his album- title unknown, release "somewhere in september"-.

"My first album was the soundtrack of my childhood.

From there I moved on to the sound of my teenage years, as if I'm filling in the movie within my head" says Mika about an album that, after listening of ten tracks, the predecessor at least equals qua versatility and hit potential.

Clearly the credit crunch doesn't affect Mika that much.

The numbers -5 million sold copies of Mika's debut album 'Life in Cartoon Motion', of which 160.000 in Belgium alone- provoke (?) the imagination.

The acoustic concert that Mika gives on the 4th of july in the AB is clearly a teaser: he easily sells out stadiums.

Though yesterday there was more than only announcing the new album. From tomorrow on there are new numbers up for downloading at Mika's website, that end up altoghether on an EP ('Songs for Sorrow' recorded with Owen Pallet from Arcade Fire Note from translator: that's rubbish, he's from final fantasy).

The EP is a warming up for the cd that's due for release this september. You can buy the EP from Mika's site and from the 25th of may in the stores from fashion king Paul Smith, who is a regular supplier for Mika's wardrobe.

"Songs for Sorrow" is going to be an art book, in which the four songs are given to several artist and designers as a source of inspiration.

One of them is Walter Van Beirendonck.

Edit; NEW

IMG_0666_.jpg

Mika: "Being young is full of contradictions."

Tomorrow in the newspaper :mf_rosetinted::roftl:

Edited by Guest

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oohw How lovely :D..

There was nothing here in Holland about Mika..Or I didn't see it haha..

There are only articles on the Internet about Mika from Holland..For so far I know

Edited by Sylvana

Hasselt - Hold yourselves for a new offensive of Mika, the singer who became famous in 2007 and suddenly was a superstar.

An EP, an album in september and a sitting concert in Brussels on june 4th are the main points of the campagne that the curly head proposed himself in Brussels yesterday.

Even his own record company Universal was shocked by the plans of the Libenese-French-British vedette.

The past weeks the 25-year old travelled througout Europe to personally make journalists hear his new album and inviting them for dinner.

Credit Crunch

Yesterday it was Brussels' turn. In the expensive ICP studio the star played his album- title unknown, release "somewhere in september"-.

From there I moved on to the sound of my teenage years, as if I'm filling in the movie within my head" says Mika about an album that, after listening of ten tracks, the predecessor at least equals qua versatility and hit potential.

The numbers -5 million sold copies of Mika's debut album 'Life in Cartoon Motion', of which 160.000 in Belgium alone- provoke (?) the imagination.

The acoustic concert that Mika gives on the 4th of july in the AB is clearly a teaser: he easily sells out stadiums.

Though yesterday there was more than only announcing the new album. From tomorrow on there are new numbers up for downloading at Mika's website, that end up altoghether on an EP ('Songs for Sorrow' recorded with Owen Pallet from Arcade Fire Note from translator: that's rubbish, he's from final fantasy).

The EP is a warming up for the cd that's due for release this september. You can buy the EP from Mika's site and from the 25th of may in the stores from fashion king Paul Smith, who is a regular supplier for Mika's wardrobe.

"Songs for Sorrow" is going to be an art book, in which the four songs are given to several artist and designers as a source of inspiration.

Edited by Iridaceae
Typoooss

An EP, an album in september and a sitting concert in Brussels on june 4th are the main points from the campagne that the curly head proposed yesterday in Brussel himself.

Even his own recordcompany Universal was shocked by the plans of the Libenese-French-British vedette.

The past weeks the 25-year old travelled througout Europe to personally make the jounalists hear his new album and invite them for dinner.

Crisis

"My first album was the soudtrack of my childhood.

From here I'm picking up the thread with sound of my teenage years, as if I'm filing in the movie in my head with it." sids Mika about an album that, after listening of ten tracks, the predecessor at least equals qua veelzijdigheid (versatile/many-sided??) and hitpotential.

Clearly the crisis doesn't affect Mika very much.

The numbers -5 million sold albums of Mika's debut album 'Life in Cartoon Motion', of wich 160.000 in belgium- provoke (?) the imagination.

The acoustic concert that the man gives on the 4th of july in the AB is clearly a teaser: meanwhile Mika sells staiums out.

Though yesterday there was more than only announcing the new album.From tomorrow on there are new numbers up for downloading in Mika's website, that integral ended up on an EP ('Songs for Sorrow' recorded with Owen Pallet from Arcade Fire NOTE FROM TRANSLATOR: that's rubbish, he's from final fantasy).

The EP is a warming up for the cd that's due for release this september. You can buy the EP from Mika's site and from the 25th of may in the stores from fashionking Paul Smith, who is a regular supplier for Mika's wardrobe.

"Songs for Sorrow" is going to be an artbook, in which the four songs are given to several artist and designers as a source of inspiration.

thank you for translating! :huglove:

An EP, an album in september and a sitting concert in Brussels on june 4th are the main points from the campagne that the curly head proposed yesterday in Brussel himself.

Even his own recordcompany Universal was shocked by the plans of the Libenese-French-British vedette.

The past weeks the 25-year old travelled througout Europe to personally make the jounalists hear his new album and invite them for dinner.

Crisis

"My first album was the soudtrack of my childhood.

From here I'm picking up the thread with sound of my teenage years, as if I'm filing in the movie in my head with it." sids Mika about an album that, after listening of ten tracks, the predecessor at least equals qua veelzijdigheid (versatile/many-sided??) and hitpotential.

Clearly the crisis doesn't affect Mika very much.

The numbers -5 million sold albums of Mika's debut album 'Life in Cartoon Motion', of wich 160.000 in belgium- provoke (?) the imagination.

The acoustic concert that the man gives on the 4th of july in the AB is clearly a teaser: meanwhile Mika sells staiums out.

Though yesterday there was more than only announcing the new album.From tomorrow on there are new numbers up for downloading in Mika's website, that integral ended up on an EP ('Songs for Sorrow' recorded with Owen Pallet from Arcade Fire NOTE FROM TRANSLATOR: that's rubbish, he's from final fantasy).

The EP is a warming up for the cd that's due for release this september. You can buy the EP from Mika's site and from the 25th of may in the stores from fashionking Paul Smith, who is a regular supplier for Mika's wardrobe.

"Songs for Sorrow" is going to be an artbook, in which the four songs are given to several artist and designers as a source of inspiration.

T4P:wink2:

Very nice article :biggrin2:

If someone wants to do the translation: be my guest ..

I have to go now, my horse is waiting for his food, but my parents told me at work Mika was in the newspaper (yes, my parents are that cool :mf_rosetinted:), so I had to see that first :teehee:

t4p, Bienie! :wink2:

Nice, which paper was it?

Demorgen?

xx

Het belang van Limburg :mf_rosetinted:

Credit Crunch

I'll put it in the first post :wink2:

Very nice article :biggrin2:

img0480o.jpg

With a Werchter pic :wub2:

Text:

img0481r.jpg

If someone wants to do the translation: be my guest ..

I have to go now, my horse is waiting for his food, but my parents told me at work Mika was in the newspaper (yes, my parents are that cool :mf_rosetinted:), so I had to see that first :teehee::naughty:

Edit;

Translation:

Thanks for the translation. great article! Mika has been working so hard! Hope it all pays off... but I'm sure it will!