Which new song should be the first single?

Guess what people! Blue Eyes was played on the radio this morning! Terry Wogan's show! I didn't hear it myself, but peeps are talking about it on the ms/twitter update thread and possibly other threads too by now!!

AMAZING NEWS!!!!!!! MIKA IS ON THE RADIO AGAIN!!!!!!

On the Toyboy thread it is mentioned that Dutch radio is playing Toy Boy...

So, I think it's up to radio stations which songs they play or Blue Eyes and Toy Boy are selected as songs to promote the EP - hope there will be videos as well:blush-anim-cl:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really pleased Blue Eyes got played on Radio 2 :thumb_yello:. REALLY pleased.

But I have to say, when I heard it was on the Terry Wogan show, I was immediately transported back 30 years in time to when my Mum used to have the Wogan show on in the mornings before we went to school and I used to hate it so much, the music he played was so awful and MOR. :teehee:

I know Radio 2 has 'trendied up' somewhat since those days but still...the thought of Mika on Wogan still makes me shiver a little bit :roftl:.

And before anyone says anything, yes I do know Radio 2 played a big part in getting Mika's music out there in the early days. It's just the Terry Wogan thing..I'm scarred for life...:naughty:.

Is BE only being released in the UK ?

No one's sure yet. Simon Mayo played it, and may, or may not, have said it's a single. I think we need some info from the maestro himself. If BE is a single, it needs to be on Itunes and other downloadable sites, not just ms, or it might not get very far in the charts.

No one's sure yet. Simon Mayo played it, and may, or may not, have said it's a single. I think we need some info from the maestro himself. If BE is a single, it needs to be on Itunes and other downloadable sites, not just ms, or it might not get very far in the charts.

Thanks Marilyn.

I see 'We are Golden' first in July, then 'Rain', and 'Blame it on the Girls' if a third single is released.

Thanks Marilyn.

I see 'We are Golden' first in July, then 'Rain', and 'Blame it on the Girls' if a third single is released.

So it looks like BE is a little something extra. But it could do very well, then he would have the album songs to go at after that! Could be a really mikatastic year!!

it definately needs to be "blame it on the girls" now. With the word dead in it.

Eat that record company. It'll show you how well that stinkin' word will appeal to audiences.

totally agree with you!

I've never heard we are golden :( where is it???!

No one has heard We Are Golden yet, except for thos lucky journalists.

You can gets bits from it in one of his blogs - No 30 or 31, I think..

It is the one with the choir in it:wink2:

I am really pleased Blue Eyes got played on Radio 2 :thumb_yello:. REALLY pleased.

But I have to say, when I heard it was on the Terry Wogan show, I was immediately transported back 30 years in time to when my Mum used to have the Wogan show on in the mornings before we went to school and I used to hate it so much, the music he played was so awful and MOR. :teehee:

I know Radio 2 has 'trendied up' somewhat since those days but still...the thought of Mika on Wogan still makes me shiver a little bit :roftl:.

And before anyone says anything, yes I do know Radio 2 played a big part in getting Mika's music out there in the early days. It's just the Terry Wogan thing..I'm scarred for life...:naughty:.

I do know what you mean about bad associations re Terry Wogan but as you say Radio Two did play a huge part in promoting Mika in 07.

Blue Eyes is on the Radio Two play list this week which means 20 plays throughout the week which is fantastic. However, they always say 'The new one from Mika' they don't use the word 'single'. Brilliant to hear it though:thumb_yello:

Hi there.

I've been thinking a lot about this. I know we have been discussing the new songs. The lyrics, the meanings behind them, etc, but I would like to ask, which song do you all think, or hope, he will release as a single.

This is not the same as asking which song you like best. What I'm asking is, which song do you think stands the best chance of being his next number one?

Do you think he should be brave and release Toy Boy first, or do you think Good Gone Girl would stand a better chance. Do you like Blame It On The Girls, or do you think that Rain should be released?

Or do you like We Are Golden, even though we haven't heard much of it yet?

What about Blue Eyes? Even though it is (possibly) only on the EP, would you love to have it as the new single?

It's rumoured that there will be a single in July. Which song, of the ones we have heard so far, would you love to hear on the radio?

My choice for the first single would be either, Good Gone Girl, or Blue Eyes. I think they are both brilliant. But I think I'd like to have Toy Boy as a Christmas number one. :wink2:

I feel really bad. I don't see any of these songs being really popular radio-wise.

Maybe a differnet unheard of song from the CD will be the new grace kelly :mf_lustslow:

I feel really bad. I don't see any of these songs being really popular radio-wise.

Maybe a differnet unheard of song from the CD will be the new grace kelly :mf_lustslow:

On the Spanish journalistic thread, it says in a journalist's blog, that the first single will be either BIOTG, or WAG. I must say, I'm looking forward to hearing WAG right through. I think I might prefer it to BIOTG when I hear the whole thing. It also said on that blog that the second single will be Rain

On the Spanish journalistic thread, it says in a journalist's blog, that the first single will be either BIOTG, or WAG. I must say, I'm looking forward to hearing WAG right through. I think I might prefer it to BIOTG when I hear the whole thing. It also said on that blog that the second single will be Rain

Ha! thanks Marilyn.

So I was right ... :D

Ha! thanks Marilyn.

So I was right ... :D

I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of Blame it on the Girls or but I absolutely love Good Gone Girl and Blue Eyes oh and Rain:mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow:

I'd love to hear a really upbeat tune like Love Today, I hope he has something jolly and merry lined up:thumb_yello:

I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of Blame it on the Girls or but I absolutely love Good Gone Girl and Blue Eyes oh and Rain:mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow:

I'd love to hear a really upbeat tune like Love Today, I hope he has something jolly and merry lined up:thumb_yello:

I hope that there will be some very catchy tracks in it.