Which new song should be the first single?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya me too, Relax, Love Today and Big Girl are AMAZING and such fun songs so the pressure is on for him to top those!!:wub2:

yeah i know what you mean, they are songs that lift your spirit these songs are most of my friends favs (who are not mika fans) espeacially Relax, i think "Rain" sounds promising too, sounds like a fun song (even though the lyrics sounds sad) but the dance beat in the song sounds brilliant and "Good Gone Girl" i just know that i'll be dancing around to that !!!:pbjt:

Edited by John Alan

yeah i know what you mean, they are songs that life your spirit these song are most of my friend fav (who are not mika fans) espeacially Relax, i think "Rain" sound promising too sound like a fun song (even those the lyrics sounds sad) but the dance beat in the song sounds brilliant and "Good Gone Girl" i just know that i'll be dancing around to that.

• 3 weeks later...
"We Are Golden" is going to be the first single, according to the Guardian article.

Yes, I wondered who would be first on this thread to mention it! I have the OMM article, which is a wonderful piece of writing, and I noticed the bit about WAG. I loved the way it said, it's sure to be number one. Let's hope he's right!

I'm just honestly glad the first single (which has the best chance of getting to number one) is not BIOTG. I like it and think it is good in the concerts, but I'm not too keen on the

Blame it on the giiiiiiirls

Blame it on the boooooys

Blame it on the boooooys

So I'm glad to hear the new single is something else.

I have a sneaky suspicion that its gona be DR JOHN...all this mentioning of it in OMM and in the 2 vlogs...its like hes been preparing the WORLD for this and he gets all giddy and at the mention gets that sneaky I-KNOW-SOMETHING-YOU-DONT-KNOW ewinkle in his eye...well if its not then feel free to call me :chkn: and pluck my MAGIC feathers!! :freak:

I have a sneaky suspicion that its gona be DR JOHN...all this mentioning of it in OMM and in the 2 vlogs...its like hes been preparing the WORLD for this and he gets all giddy and at the mention gets that sneaky I-KNOW-SOMETHING-YOU-DONT-KNOW ewinkle in his eye...well if its not then feel free to call me :chkn: and pluck my MAGIC feathers!! :freak:

In the OMM interview it says that We Are Golden will be the first single.

Yes, I wondered who would be first on this thread to mention it! I have the OMM article, which is a wonderful piece of writing, and I noticed the bit about WAG. I loved the way it said, it's sure to be number one. Let's hope he's right!

I'm just honestly glad the first single (which has the best chance of getting to number one) is not BIOTG. I like it and think it is good in the concerts, but I'm not too keen on the

Blame it on the boooooys

Blame it on the boooooys

So I'm glad to hear the new single is something else.

I totally agree Marilyn.

I like BIOTG until it gets to that particular bit, then it bores the pants off me! That bit you quote just doesn't work, in my opinion. I wish he had somehow come up with a better hookline there as the song has such potential but it is let down by that bit :sneaky2:.

I am sorry that GGG isn't going to be the first single as I love it, BUT, We Are Golden sounds as if it will be great and it makes sense that it will be that one, as Mika is obviously keeping it under wraps..

Also, I have to say that Rain is growing on me in a big way. The recent live version is so much better than the original acoustic one he did at PdP..the beat, the subtle chord changes, and the wonderful string accompaniment has done WONDERS for that song IMO :wub2:. I think it will make a good single at some point.

So many potential singles already from the second album...sounds familiar! :wink2:

I totally agree Marilyn.

I like BIOTG until it gets to that particular bit, then it bores the pants off me! That bit you quote just doesn't work, in my opinion. I wish he had somehow come up with a better hookline there as the song has such potential but it is let down by that bit :sneaky2:.

I am sorry that GGG isn't going to be the first single as I love it, BUT, We Are Golden sounds as if it will be great and it makes sense that it will be that one, as Mika is obviously keeping it under wraps..

Also, I have to say that Rain is growing on me in a big way. The recent live version is so much better than the original acoustic one he did at PdP..the beat, the subtle chord changes, and the wonderful string accompaniment has done WONDERS for that song IMO :wub2:. I think it will make a good single at some point.

So many potential singles already from the second album...sounds familiar! :wink2:

Yes it does sound familiar! I think the album will be even better than LICM, and hopefully... an even BIGGER hit!!

In the OMM interview it says that We Are Golden will be the first single.

I wonder what I will sound like.

When I'v got to choice (not that that's a possibility :wink2:) I would like it to be Rain :wub2:

• 2 weeks later...

So apparently the new single's going to be out on July 20th :punk:

just went to a listening party with @mikasounds, where he played songs from his next LP, 1st single out 7/20. more on @current_music tmrw.

I think there's a big difference between what will be successful in

the UK and Europe, and what could be popular in the US.

I think if Mika is serious about breaking big in the US this time around

(and maybe he doesn't really care, I dunno),

he'll have to go with Blame it on the Girls or possibly Blue Eyes as a

single. I think Toy Boy is absolutely brilliant, musically and lyrically,

but I just don't see that as a marketable single in the US --

I could be wrong (and would love to be proven so!), but I think it

would be written off as some sort of "novelty" song.

Blame it on the Girls, and to a lesser extent, Blue Eyes, have

broad appeal, IMO --

they're catchy, they don't have too much of the falsetto that seemed

to turn a lot of US markets off, and I think either could do well here.

Rain could be more of a hit in the clubs,

given the way it sounds like it's been produced for the album.

So yeah, my choice would be Blame It on the Girls, speaking from a

strictly US point of view. :wink2:

Hi! Even in Europe Blue Eyes[/I] would be a hit!!!! This song could be number 1 in all the charts! Yes it's catchy and more commercial than the other songs (songs that I DO love. I just can't tell for We are Golden because I haven't listened to it yet)

Blue Eyes and Rain should be potential big hits.

How do we know it's July 20th? :boxed: (I'm one step behind)

and moreover what is a secret showcase? (in Toronto or Australia?)

Thank you,

Bianca

xx

And besides there must be a video shooting anytime really soon! :das:

for the single I mean....I CAN'T WAIT!:aah:

July 20th sounds about right if he wants the single to have chance to do well before the album comes out! I can't wait!! If it is BIOTG, it's probable that the album version is very good! We've only heard BIOTG in concert up to now. But I'm dying to hear We Are Golden.