Which new song should be the first single?

Hi there.

I've been thinking a lot about this. I know we have been discussing the new songs. The lyrics, the meanings behind them, etc, but I would like to ask, which song do you all think, or hope, he will release as a single.

This is not the same as asking which song you like best. What I'm asking is, which song do you think stands the best chance of being his next number one?

Do you think he should be brave and release Toy Boy first, or do you think Good Gone Girl would stand a better chance. Do you like Blame It On The Girls, or do you think that Rain should be released?

Or do you like We Are Golden, even though we haven't heard much of it yet?

What about Blue Eyes? Even though it is (possibly) only on the EP, would you love to have it as the new single?

It's rumoured that there will be a single in July. Which song, of the ones we have heard so far, would you love to hear on the radio?

My choice for the first single would be either, Good Gone Girl, or Blue Eyes. I think they are both brilliant. But I think I'd like to have Toy Boy as a Christmas number one. :wink2:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My choice for the first single would be either, Good Gone Girl, or Blue Eyes. I think they are both brilliant. But I think I'd like to have Toy Boy as a Christmas number one. :wink2:

I think there's a big difference between what will be successful in

the UK and Europe, and what could be popular in the US.

I think if Mika is serious about breaking big in the US this time around

(and maybe he doesn't really care, I dunno),

he'll have to go with Blame it on the Girls or possibly Blue Eyes as a

single. I think Toy Boy is absolutely brilliant, musically and lyrically,

but I just don't see that as a marketable single in the US --

I could be wrong (and would love to be proven so!), but I think it

would be written off as some sort of "novelty" song.

Blame it on the Girls, and to a lesser extent, Blue Eyes, have

broad appeal, IMO --

they're catchy, they don't have too much of the falsetto that seemed

to turn a lot of US markets off, and I think either could do well here.

Rain could be more of a hit in the clubs,

given the way it sounds like it's been produced for the album.

So yeah, my choice would be Blame It on the Girls, speaking from a

strictly US point of view. :wink2:

I think he has already said that it would be Blame it on the Girls..

As dcdeb pointed out he wants to break the US market so this song might have the best chance of it.. He also said somewhere - maybe it was in the Q magazine article - that this song sounds like No Doubt - which I doubt, but if he believes this helps, I don't mind. The song is catchy - it was clear even from the live version

blame it on the girls

or

rain

Ep songs won't be singles, in my opinion...or maybe only later on

Exactly what I was about to say about Ep songs.

And, from an Argentinean point of view, no doubt, BIOTG or Rain. :thumb_yello:

Good Gone Girl, for the UK market, definitely, as first single.

After that, We Are Golden, even without hearing it, which is a bit presumptuous, but from the snippets and descriptions that also sounds as if it would appeal to UK tastes.

I think Blame it on the Girls has more US-appeal. Rain has a pan-European appeal.

Toy Boy..not a single at all IMO, though I really like it.

Blue Eyes would make a good single and perhaps ought to have been promoted a bit more as lead track from the EP.

I love all of your opinions. This is great!

I do love Toy Boy, but he probably won't release it as a single, although as I said before, it could be quite good for Christmas.

I am excited though, because I think Mika has raised the bar with his new songs, including the ones on the EP. But I agree with the opinion that Blue Eyes should have been promoted more and been the lead track from the EP. It's a real gem of a song and I hope it won't get lost.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

Good Gone Girl, for the UK market, definitely, as first single.

After that, We Are Golden, even without hearing it, which is a bit presumptuous, but from the snippets and descriptions that also sounds as if it would appeal to UK tastes.

I think Blame it on the Girls has more US-appeal. Rain has a pan-European appeal.

Toy Boy..not a single at all IMO, though I really like it.

Blue Eyes would make a good single and perhaps ought to have been promoted a bit more as lead track from the EP.

I think you have some good points there!:biggrin2:

I don't see Toy Boy as a single either, but it's a great song. I don't think it's very comercial, that's why!

I'd probably go for Rain for a UK first single, or BIOTG

But Grace Kelly probably stood out from the crowd more than either- musically and lyrically.

I do think Toy Boy could be a single in the UK- high risk but high potential reward

wow great subject marilyn :thumb_yello:

like everyone say's "Blame It On The Girls" does seem to appeal to U.S market's, i also think this will be the lead single !!!

as for Rain it could be the 1st single for all we know, but if it isn't i will end up being a single anyway thats for sure !!!

Good Gone Girl, i would LOVE this as a single i think it would do so well, don't think it'll be the 1st single, but i'm hoping for it to get single treatmeant :biggrin2:

I always thought Good Gone Girl would make a great first single, but after hearing the studio version of Blue Eyes last week, I think this would be even better. I would LOVE to see Toy Boy released but don't think it will be, as much as I love this song, I don't think it has single potential, although this has been my favourite new song so far.

I hope it's Blame It On The Girls. I think that one's got a great shot at the top of the charts. That or Good Gone Girl.

I hope Toy Boy is never released as a single. It's really not commercial, and in my humble opinion, it's just too good for radio. :teehee:

I hope it's Blame It On The Girls. I think that one's got a great shot at the top of the charts. That or Good Gone Girl.

I hope Toy Boy is never released as a single. It's really not commercial, and in my humble opinion, it's just too good for radio. :teehee:

Here here!

And I agree, Blame It On The Girls would be a fantastic single. I'm half-praying that he'll make it big in the States, but half-praying that I'll still have him to myself. :naughty:

guys just a random question here but do you think we'll get to hear preview's of the songs from the album before it's pysical relaese ???

Anything's possible! I would love for that to happen -- unlike some, I

love spoilers, and often read the end of the book first, so it wouldn't

bother me at all to hear some of the tunes before the album release. :naughty:

:thumb_yello:

And I agree, Blame It On The Girls would be a fantastic single. I'm half-praying that he'll make it big in the States, but half-praying that I'll still have him to myself. :naughty:

Yes, I've had that ambivalent feeling for a while -- I remember back

when he came to DC in June 2007, I wanted him to sell just enough

tickets so that the gig wouldn't be canceled, but not so many that I

wouldn't be able to get a good spot to see the show. As it turned out,

he sold the venue (1200) out!

I have a feeling it's gonna be "Rain." He's sort of been keeping the studio version of that in the dark, like he's saving it :naughty:

That's true, and you could be right. But that wouldn't be my choice.

I still think it ought to be Blame It on the Girls first, Rain maybe second.

Of course, not having heard the entire album, that's sort of like flying

blind -- there may be another song in there that would be an even

better choice! And knowing Mika, there probably is! :wub2:

I always thought Good Gone Girl would make a great first single, but after hearing the studio version of Blue Eyes last week, I think this would be even better. I would LOVE to see Toy Boy released but don't think it will be, as much as I love this song, I don't think it has single potential, although this has been my favourite new song so far.

Guess what people! Blue Eyes was played on the radio this morning! Terry Wogan's show! I didn't hear it myself, but peeps are talking about it on the ms/twitter update thread and possibly other threads too by now!!

AMAZING NEWS!!!!!!! MIKA IS ON THE RADIO AGAIN!!!!!!