tickets- when do we get them?!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately we haven’t received the Berlin tickets as yet – they’re in the UK but not with us – that means we’re not going to be able to mail them today – the postman comes at 4pm. We do expect to mail them tomorrow but a lot of customers aren’t going to get them in time.

We should have Sadlers Wells out on Monday and Paris tickets have been mailed us today (not sure how quickly they’ll get here though – hopefully quicker than the Berlin tickets!)

How long should we wait before we send the email to tell them to get our ticket ready at the box office?

Helen and Laura* are so optimist about international delivery :plane:

I have doubts that a mail shipped thursday arrives saturday.

The only one ticket i received, for another gig, was send by Royal mail Signed for International

check here

http://track.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump2?catId=22700528&mediaId=22700537

Delivery time (Not guaranteed) 3 – 5 working days

and in Italy some courier does not work on saturday...

But I want to try to get the ticket sent home. Can I wait until Saturday afternoon?

your choice laura

i've sent it now cause i'm sure that in my village the mail service is not that efficient.

more

i want to leave with a confirmation email from helen

finally

i don't want helen to be bothered to email me on a sunday...

i feel some awe for her, she's doing her best in the end.

Unfortunately we haven’t received the Berlin tickets as yet – they’re in the UK but not with us – that means we’re not going to be able to mail them today – the postman comes at 4pm. We do expect to mail them tomorrow but a lot of customers aren’t going to get them in time.

We should have Sadlers Wells out on Monday and Paris tickets have been mailed us today (not sure how quickly they’ll get here though – hopefully quicker than the Berlin tickets!)

:boing::tears::bow: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT! You know it's getting all weird to keep on sending mails to Helen explaining her the situation I'm in with having to leave earlier...but you really helped out!

Please keep us posted about the Paris tickets!

A bientot,

Bianca

xx

Helen and Laura* are so optimist about international delivery :plane:

I have doubts that a mail shipped thursday arrives saturday.

The only one ticket i received, for another gig, was send by Royal mail Signed for International

check here

http://track.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump2?catId=22700528&mediaId=22700537

Delivery time (Not guaranteed) 3 – 5 working days

and in Italy some courier does not work on saturday...

your choice laura

i've sent it now cause i'm sure that in my village the mail service is not that efficient.

more

i want to leave with a confirmation email from helen

finally

i don't want helen to be bothered to email me on a sunday...

i feel some awe for her, she's doing her best in the end.

I guess "you'd better email them straight away, because your ticket won't arrive" would have been enough. :shun:

To be fair to the ticket agency, we know these dates were released at short notice, we don't know how much notice the venues and the ticket agency actually had either. These things take time and I imagine it's all in a chain, Mika has to confirm, then tickets have to be sold, printed and sent out. I would love to be a fly on the wall and see behind the scenes and observe the actual process.

In 2007 when Mika released his dates nearly six months ahead of time though, we still didn't get the tickets till a week or two before the gigs. One gig I had to get them sent to the box office because I was travelling needed to leave home before the tickets came. It all worked out OK. I think it's fairly normal.

I hear ya. I'm kind of fascinated by the behind-the-scenes aspect of all of this.

As for whether it's normal, it must be a European thing. For the Dodgy Holiday Tour I bought my tickets through Ticketmaster in early December, and had them in-hand mid-January for the February 11th show. Obviously we didn't have the tight timelines we do for this tour, but that was better.

That said, the *best* solution would be to find a ticket selling company that gives gig-goers the option of printing their tickets at home and then having the barcode scanned at the gig. Ticketmaster here offers that for gigs within Canada, and it's easy-peasy. :biggrin2:

Where exactly is the promoter located? The south pole? :blink:

:lmfao:

LMAO Kata, that made me laugh out loud, for real. :roftl:

I find it a bit odd that they're sending Berlin tickets to us even though they know we can't get them in time. Seems I have to email Helen once again... :teehee:

They insisted last week on sending my Amsterdam and Brussels tickets to me, even though I pointed out that, hello, I'm kind of in Canada and that's a rather impossible timeline for tickets to get that far. I'll be shocked if they actually arrive. :bleh:

That said, the *best* solution would be to find a ticket selling company that gives gig-goers the option of printing their tickets at home and then having the barcode scanned at the gig. Ticketmaster here offers that for gigs within Canada, and it's easy-peasy. :biggrin2:

I so agree! They have that system for some festivals over here. I have to say I prefer 'actual' tickets to some printed version... I don't know why though... Old-fashioned I guess? :blush-anim-cl: But it's really not worth all the hassle. I'd go for a print-it-yourself-option immediately!:thumb_yello:

I hear ya. I'm kind of fascinated by the behind-the-scenes aspect of all of this.

As for whether it's normal, it must be a European thing. For the Dodgy Holiday Tour I bought my tickets through Ticketmaster in early December, and had them in-hand mid-January for the February 11th show. Obviously we didn't have the tight timelines we do for this tour, but that was better.

They are indeed on a tight schedule. E-tickets would have caused less worrying (on both sides). They sometimes do that in Holland and I like that option.

Well you don't ned to worry about hot chocolate :mf_rosetinted:

:wub2:

:yay:

I'm afraid I'll have nothing to trade for the hot chocolate until Helen manages to direct the carrier pigeons towards Denmark though, doubt that'll happen before Berlin :boxed:

:yay:

I'm afraid I'll have nothing to trade for the hot chocolate until Helen manages to direct the carrier pigeons towards Denmark though, doubt that'll happen before Berlin :boxed:

S'ok, we still have London if the pigeons turn out not to be as fast and efficient as our dear Helen :thumb_yello:

Holy cow... how unprofessional this is. I still do not have my tx and at Sandbag the only thing they say is "Everything will be ok". They do not work in the weekend, Monday is a Bank Holiday and Tuesday is the gig. So when will it be ok then? How come this Helen woman does not communicate a solution? Is that why we pay fees? How hard can it be to put some tickets in an envelope IN TIME? Amateurs.

Anybody received some worthy info from those sand bags? Please share it with us.

Holy cow... how unprofessional this is. I still do not have my tx and at Sandbag the only thing they say is "Everything will be ok". They do not work in the weekend, Monday is a Bank Holiday and Tuesday is the gig. So when will it be ok then? How come this Helen woman does not communicate a solution? Is that why we pay fees? How hard can it be to put some tickets in an envelope IN TIME? Amateurs.

Anybody received some worthy info from those sand bags? Please share it with us.

Dunno if you'll find the info below worthy but I think this is the latest we've been told.

Freddie has been kind enough to keep us updated :)

the gig is on manday,

haven't gotten any news today.

It will be okay, cause Helen is gonna personally call me and tell me when and where to pick up my tickets when I can't get on the internet during my trip to Berlin, right? :sneaky2:

It will be okay, cause Helen is gonna personally call me and tell me when and where to pick up my tickets when I can't get on the internet during my trip to Berlin, right? :sneaky2:

Yep! :biggrin2:

Or maybe you will be sent a complimentary laptop computer with Internet connection before you leave. :mf_rosetinted:

Hi

Unfortunately we have not yet received the tickets for Mika’s show in Berlin and we feel the best decision now is to ask all customers to collect their tickets from the venue on the night of the show.

The box office is at the venue entrance and will be open to Sandbag customers from 6pm on the 1st June. This will allow you time to collect the tickets before the doors open at 7:30pm. Please take with you your order confirmation e-mail and some identification. Only the person whose name is on the order will be able to collect the tickets (not the person whose name is on the credit card). Please make sure we have the correct name.

Our contact at the venue is Thorsten Schauf and he has the complete list of Sandbag customers.

We apologise for the inconvenience but we feel that this is the best way to proceed. We will refund the postage cost that we charged you – the money will go back onto the credit card that you used to purchase the tickets.

Please get in touch if you have any questions.

Kind regards

Helen@sandbag

I expect it to arrive in 2015 :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl::roftl:

Hi

Unfortunately we have not yet received the tickets for Mika’s show in Berlin and we feel the best decision now is to ask all customers to collect their tickets from the venue on the night of the show.

The box office is at the venue entrance and will be open to Sandbag customers from 6pm on the 1st June. This will allow you time to collect the tickets before the doors open at 7:30pm. Please take with you your order confirmation e-mail and some identification. Only the person whose name is on the order will be able to collect the tickets (not the person whose name is on the credit card). Please make sure we have the correct name.

Our contact at the venue is Thorsten Schauf and he has the complete list of Sandbag customers.

We apologise for the inconvenience but we feel that this is the best way to proceed. We will refund the postage cost that we charged you – the money will go back onto the credit card that you used to purchase the tickets.

Please get in touch if you have any questions.

Kind regards

Helen@sandbag

It was about time. :aah:

"> Subject

> RE: Mika Order Enquiry - London 8th

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> We received the tickets this morning and they will be collected by our

> courier company (SMS) tomorrow. You should have the first delivery

> attempt and tracking number from us on Monday.

>

> Kind regards

>

> Helen@sandbag"

taken from my E-mail.

x