New Live Show!

dcdeb

I think it's a bit harsh to call it a bitch session, it was mostly light hearted speculation with maybe an occasional spice of panic

Yes but it resulted in people moaning to Mika on Twitter. I don't see the need to hold him personally responsible for everything that happens and go bitching to him when we don't like it.

He's got staff and in this case a third party who has been hired for the purpose. It was hardly an emergency situation that required his immediate and personal attention.

We need to pick our battles and I think people should be careful about abusing the unusual access we have to him.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 questions:

1. Is there anything to know about the EP??????

and 2. the tickets thing really worries me now. Does anyone knows anything about the paris gigs? though, I have to say...if the Berlin tix are not even at sandbag...what can I say...:sneaky2:

and for you guys...

I understand what you mean with the not coming to your country thing...I think I just got used to the idea that my country is sooo insignificant, that is a miracle anyone has ever heard of it.

and aswell I'm with you when you say the thing you say about the new songs...that's is probably we've been too spoiled with all the twitting and vlogging.

anyway...

A bientot,

Bianca

xx

Jeez can't we just enjoy things for once? I thought a year ago that every MFCer would have been over the moon just to hear a new song. But now it seems that if Mika doesn't hand deliver it to your house, along with a footrub, he's being unfair to his fans.

I am sooo ahppy with mika's new stuff, and very anoyed with his unorginized team

he is probably doing his best for his fan, and even if he isnt, we cant really ask much more now can we? he is just a human being- a very special, beautiful, talnted, awesome and sneaky human- but still a human.

a footrub at my house with a nice cup of tea and chit chat from meeks will be nice though :biggrin2:

What format did people expect? mp3 is standard? The concerts are never in the places we want because we want them in our living rooms ft. breakfast in bed. Oh, the codes are just for a limited edition photo of Mika where you can count his nose pores. (note to all: don't take my word for it obviously. What would I know. I'm not BlueSky. :naughty:)

LOL!! :roftl::lmfao:

Yes but it resulted in people moaning to Mika on Twitter. I don't see the need to hold him personally responsible for everything that happens and go bitching to him when we don't like it.

He's got staff and in this case a third party who has been hired for the purpose. It was hardly an emergency situation that required his immediate and personal attention.

We need to pick our battles and I think people should be careful about abusing the unusual access we have to him.

its always fun harrasing mika on twitter- thats what its for :roftl:

chatting to him without him answering back!

I for one didnt moan, I told him he should come check the forum cause the chat really got funny at a point and would really make him laugh...

im not sure mika minded the moaning very much as he was to busy watching surgery on tv :naughty:

No, that's not what twitter's for- and I hope Sandbag didn't get hundreds of emails, though tbh their not getting something up on MS or here reduces my sympathy for them- but I'm more inclined to think the thread reduced that sort of stuff

you guys cant really blame the MFCrs of immpatiency- we are after all MIKA's fans... we are wacky on the head XD yes people should kick it down a notch but we're all here for the fun we get from mika

dont get too serious here! are you forgetting who is the one we adore so badly?! xD

Oh My Gawd! Geez after reading through this thread I can TRULY appreciate just how 'lucky' I was with Mika last year. Never really looked at it 'the way I am seeing it now' sheeessh . . . and to tell you the truth - I don't even know if I want to sacrifice EVERYTHING just to make it to New York next month. One thing is evident WE ALL have different views of the world and 'life' and what is fair or not. And it seems the ONLY ones screaming, "it is life' . . . on here are the privileged ones. Just an observation.

It is times like these that bring out the BEST or WORST in people . . .

. . . . in a Fan Club. . . . . .

kinda makes me just want to step back and not even try at all.

I am just growing weary of the moaning coming from all directions about everything all the time. It was one thing when Mika wasn't doing anything for a year but the bitching seems to have kicked up to a new level now that he's active and I don't get it.

The music is not in the format I want. The concerts are not in the places I want. Let's have a 100-page bitch session because we didn't get our codes at 12:01 am.

Jeez can't we just enjoy things for once? I thought a year ago that every MFCer would have been over the moon just to hear a new song. But now it seems that if Mika doesn't hand deliver it to your house, along with a footrub, he's being unfair to his fans.

I am content. :cheerful_h4h:

*pats mod's shoulder*

Oh My Gawd! Geez after reading through this thread I can TRULY appreciate just how 'lucky' I was with Mika last year. Never really looked at it 'the way I am seeing it now' sheeessh . . . and to tell you the truth - I don't even know if I want to sacrifice EVERYTHING just to make it to New York next month. One thing is evident WE ALL have different views of the world and 'life' and what is fair or not. And it seems the ONLY ones screaming, "it is life' . . . on here are the privileged ones. Just an observation.

Go to the gig. Don't make me come over there and pack your suitcase for you. :sneaky2::teehee:

I agree.

Using Twitter allows fans to voice their frustrations without any further reflection and without a chance to filter it. But I'm sure he is aware of this and can tackle being the front figure that has to weather the storm for his people publicly. As long as the spokespeople for MFC i.e mods are reasonable and don't add to any harassment it'll be o.k.

sure goes doesnt it?

i know that when i do have the money- ill go across the globe (something i did before my mika sensation) to get to chit chat with him... even if it never happens- its worth the shot!

:blink: I'm in no way blaming Mika...I adore Mika....it's only my opinion....I'm sorry for speaking/typing my mind.

Seems your being a bit harsh to me.

Yeah I know that's what life is...and I'm very happy for people who have met Mika......you seem to be making me out as stupid..........

I'm very upset.

I'm also sorry I can't word things the right way.....as I'm a very quiet person in real life.

should I go away again?.

:tears:

I'm sorry to hear that you're upset about it, and in no way did I intend to make you feel that way. I personally found your post upsetting and harsh so maybe now we're even in the 'upset stakes' :bleh::naughty:.

Nobody (and believe me, I certainly do it all the time) has a problem with anyone speaking their mind here, but I found it unfair that you were talking about special private parties and whatnot, implying all these things that had no fundament.

Anyway, we've both spoken our minds now and it's ok to disagree (if that is the case) but thre's no need to get so upset about it as to make this a reason to 'leave' :wink2:.

Oh and for the record I said nothing that wanted to make you out as stupid. Very far from my post and my intention!

Not arguing? :crybaby: I feel bullied

Ok, just kidding. You know that I also love you so I'm not arguing back either (not that I was earlier either, but just to clarify).

Here I go:

Well, if that is the case, and in my humble opinion, I do think that they should refrain from making such an unfair post before they check their facts. Nothing like overreacting and creating chinese whispers with false facts :roftl:.

One can't put themselves in a position where they are out of the loop and then come in branding accusations about when they are basing these on things that are a fabrication of their misinformation/imagination/X.

Ok, I really need to go in a few minutes so I will reply to the longer part of your post later because it will take me too long to write it all up now :naughty:

?????????????????????????????????

:furious::furious:

I am just growing weary of the moaning coming from all directions about everything all the time. It was one thing when Mika wasn't doing anything for a year but the bitching seems to have kicked up to a new level now that he's active and I don't get it.

The music is not in the format I want. The concerts are not in the places I want. Let's have a 100-page bitch session because we didn't get our codes at 12:01 am.

I'm happy with the idea I can't see him this year (at least if he comes close to my country but I don't see it happen ) cause I've seen him 5 times last year the only thing I want it's the new album :)

Go to the gig. Don't make me come over there and pack your suitcase for you. :sneaky2::teehee:

I'm not So sure it is worth it anymore . . . :boxed:

sure goes doesnt it?

i know that when i do have the money- ill go across the globe (something i did before my mika sensation) to get to chit chat with him... even if it never happens- its worth the shot!

That's JUST the thing . . . ALL of us would jet around the world just to see Mika (with the chance of meeting him/whatever) and that isn't even the REALLY important part to tell the truth. The ones that are able to take off at the drop of the hat and Do are the ones saying shut your mouth and stop complaining it is LIFE . . all the while they are happy as larks boarding a plane. Look at it both ways.

To me the BEST part of getting to go to a gig is meeting all the MFCers. The people we talk to everyday (all day :teehee:) and e v e r y t h i n g else is just icing on the already delicious cake. I am just not feeling it now. . . the vibes here are SO negative they are radiating through my computer screen and giving me a migrane . . .

I'm not So sure it is worth it anymore . . . :boxed:

That's JUST the thing . . . ALL of us would jet around the world just to see Mika (with the chance of meeting him/whatever) and that isn't even the REALLY important part to tell the truth. The ones that are able to take off at the drop of the hat and Do are the ones saying shut your mouth and stop complaining it is LIFE . . all the while they are happy as larks boarding a plane. Look at it both ways.

To me the BEST part of getting to go to a gig is meeting all the MFCers. The people we talk to everyday (all day :teehee:) and e v e r y t h i n g else is just icing on the already delicious cake. I am just not feeling it now. . . the vibes here are SO negative they are radiating through my computer screen and giving me a migrane . . .

If you can go, then go. Don't let a little MFC politics stop you. There's always underlying issues between us fans, but we pull through and are friends (or civil at least) at the end of the day. The people you'd be going to see are people you share views with probably, so go for them, and go for Mika because he makes you all fuzzywarm inside. But, most importantly go for YOU.

Never mind the bollocks.

If you can go, then go. Don't let a little MFC politics stop you. There's always underlying issues between us fans, but we pull through and are friends (or civil at least) at the end of the day. The people you'd be going to see are people you share views with probably, so go for them, and go for Mika because he makes you all fuzzywarm inside. But, most importantly go for YOU.

Never mind the bollocks.

GREAT points. Mika sure does make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I just don't want to lose sight of what is important. BEING A MIKA FAN . . . naturally fangurl mode jumps into high gear (in this case - off the charts) and I find myself scrambling trying to find a way . . any way . . . any means at all to go (seriously my son told me to sell my body :teehee:) EVEN he gets how MUCH this means to me. But, I have to STOP thinking like a FAN and start thinking with a bit of logic!!!!!

I'm sorry to hear that you're upset about it, and in no way did I intend to make you feel that way. I personally found your post upsetting and harsh so maybe now we're even in the 'upset stakes' :bleh::naughty:.

Nobody (and believe me, I certainly do it all the time) has a problem with anyone speaking their mind here, but I found it unfair that you were talking about special private parties and whatnot, implying all these things that had no fundament.

Anyway, we've both spoken our minds now and it's ok to disagree (if that is the case) but thre's no need to get so upset about it as to make this a reason to 'leave' :wink2:.

Oh and for the record I said nothing that wanted to make you out as stupid. Very far from my post and my intention!

:tears: It's okay....

I didn't mean private party as in sitting down sipping tea and having a lovely conversation with Mika cause he's got all the time in the world. "duh"....I'm not that stupid.

I will go back and delete most of my post because I did word it the wrong way.As I said.

Sorry to everyone.I respect Mika and don't blame him for anything. I never have.

It's just me whining and it just went the wrong way.

I do like being on this site....because I love reading everyone's stories......I'm happy for all who have had the opportunity and privilege to see Mika Live.You are all lovely people!!!

Edited by Bianca

Never mind the bollocks.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

All I'm asking is for people to look at it both ways.

I am not "privileged". I am 40 years old and I never had children. Those are simply my life circumstances on the day that Mika announces a concert to NYC and it hardly makes me blessed my some extraordinary fortune.

Holly you have moved heaven and earth and travelled hundreds of miles to see Mika so you know what I'm talking about. You are saying now that you don't know if it's worth it. That's the choice we all make. How much is it worth? None of us are millionaires with zero responsibilities. We all have to sacrifice and decide how much we are willing to give up and go through in order to make these gigs.

The people I feel bad for now are the under 18s who could have made this gig but won't be allowed in. The rest of us in North America are adults and just have to accept it one way or another. I would love it if Mika would come to Toronto and save me from blowing tons more time and money but it's simply not going to happen.

This is kinda like an AA thing.:naughty:

The thing is it isn't funny at all...I cannot enjoy it whatsoever. I try to think of it as being something nice, but I keep worrying that I won't get the tickets on time and is sooo frustrating.

and besides noone ever sees my question about the EP...:no:

is there something to be known about it? it feels as if it has been pushed aside.

A bientot,

Bianca

xx

Over 18 venue? Wohoa:teehee: I just know I'd be whining right now if I had the chance to go.:naughty: I think it sounds interesting in a way, but there are younger fans too... And some could go to it when it comes to money and distance but the age is a problem:boxed: I know I'm on the outside of the situation, but this could turn out to be something different and particularly interesting. Guess it wouldn't be the same with overexcited teenagers:naughty:

I do think it's a bit about the venue... It looks like it might not be very appropriate for underage...But the restriction sounds a bit narrow-minded. I do get it that for younger people it could be unappropriate, but that depends from person to person... If that makes sense.

I hope many american MFCers and around that area can go. As Kata said, Europe's having more right now... But soon there will be more gigs around the world and in far more countries, I'm pretty sure about that!:biggrin2:

And it's a cabaret! Looks really nice and intimate from what I've seen.:wub2:

I'm sorry for the members who feel that their country is being left out once again.. I know it's not nice. And it's hard to wait. But I think you will really get a chance to see him and meet him soon... If not soon, I doubt that he won't come to Australia for example once in his career. Same goes for the ones that haven't had a gig in a while... I think it's normal to feel a bit of jeaulosy...We're all human, and I also did when I saw people going to gigs before I've ever had a chance to go to one.

Not everyone can go abroad to see him, and not everyone that lives in a country where he does a gig can go either. I can go this time and just because I was given the chance to go... I would've NEVER dreamt I could just go to another country to see him... I saw the tour dates, was a bit sad, but got over it and said myself to wait once more. Then I was surprised, and that was really good for me...

It can feel unfair to be "left out" but as said, that's life... And I'm not saying that just because I've had the opportunity to experience a gig before.

You shouldn't blame Mika(I know most of you aren't) nor his team about this. He/they can't please everyone. The whole touring strategy is to go to countries where he's been asked to go to, where they see it has relevance to the success of the promotion etc.. I don't think they "pick" the countries just randomly and leave out those untoured for no reason. I think they have to have priorities... Those being the countries where he's more known, liked etc.

I could be wrong to following this criteria but I think that's how it goes...

About M&G's. I might not know anything at all when it comes to this, but I know for someone who tells the experience it's far more bigger than it actually was. We make exaggerations without intention sometimes, but that's maybe how it just felt to meet him for us... Like a big amazing thing, even it lasting 10 seconds.

I watched those Brixton videos, and I know you couldn't have a "decent" and "normal" conversation in those conditions. Even though some people didn't have the chance to talk to him at all, you can see they were all having an amazing time... I think these things are not just about handshaking Mika, having a hug etc. It's the "vibe" and being in that situation, even not meeting him, I don't know, you can feel that "magic". Everyone can be sad not to get the chance to meet him, and I get that. It can be a huge letdown, but he's not a "common" person that you see in the streets (If you know what I mean) and things just don't happen peacefully for everyone most times... That's also life. I think you're already lucky to go to one of his gigs, to listen to new music, to have the "previledge" to get close to him, not in a personal way, but getting involved you know... With his music, how he is(at least how he appears to be) etc.. This might not make sense but it's just what pops out of my brain when I talk about this:naughty:

Sorry, big post... But all expresses what I have to say!