MIKA Live in New York, June 23rd, 2009

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what it's looking like I'm afraid. This is a very limited tour.

Wow; this is very frustrating. If only he would do one or two more gigs that didn't have such a definite restriction that cuts so many fans out of the loop.

I'm try to be patient--it's just hard to keep waiting after all this time. When you've never been to a gig, it's hard to give it up when it's that close. :boxed:

Wow; this is very frustrating. If only he would do one or two more gigs that didn't have such a definite restriction that cuts so many fans out of the loop.

I'm try to be patient--it's just hard to keep waiting after all this time. When you've never been to a gig, it's hard to give it up when it's that close. :boxed:

yeah I agree....I think he should have tried to get a venue that was all ages.....:boxed:

yeah I agree....I think he should have tried to get a venue that was all ages.....:boxed:

I mean, if he wanted to do a +18 show, then that's fine. But it's just hard when he does a +18 show and nothing else.

...That's why it's the Songs for Sorrow I guess. :boxed:

Mika's album is not going to be released until September so normally he wouldn't be touring at all at this time. But September is not that far off and he will favour the US when things get rolling. Just try to hang in there a little while longer. If you are willing to travel to NYC something is always happening there when Mika is active.

i called up the venue (twice actually) and its not the venue exactly... the artist has a choice whether they want under 18... and also its up to the venue to decide whether they feel the show is appropriate enough for all ages... and they can say whether they want it all ages... so it depends i dont think its mika that requested it so i have a feeling its something in the show that made the venue want it to be 18+ *coughtheburlesquedanceropenercough*

Mika's album is not going to be released until September so normally he wouldn't be touring at all at this time. But September is not that far off and he will favour the US when things get rolling. Just try to hang in there a little while longer. If you are willing to travel to NYC something is always happening there when Mika is active.

:huglove: Thanks Christine.

I just keep whining on here--this exact planning and re-planning for tour dates happened exactly last year, and it's falling through again. It's the hardest to let go because I really thought that I would get to go to a Mika gig this summer, and I would do anything to! But it turns out I cannot because of something that I can't change (legally :teehee:).

But life is life. If there's no getting around it, then that's that. It's hard to give up hope, but I think it's time.

September--I'll be waiting! :thumb_yello:

i called up the venue (twice actually) and its not the venue exactly... the artist has a choice whether they want under 18... and also its up to the venue to decide whether they feel the show is appropriate enough for all ages... and they can say whether they want it all ages... so it depends i dont think its mika that requested it so i have a feeling its something in the show that made the venue want it to be 18+ *coughtheburlesquedanceropenercough*

oh come on, if a burlesque dancer was in a movie it would be rated PG-13, maybe, i think this should be 13+ lol:naughty: im pretty sure i can handle it, ill close my eyes lol

I just keep whining on here--this exact planning and re-planning for tour dates happened exactly last year, and it's falling through again. It's the hardest to let go because I really thought that I would get to go to a Mika gig this summer, and I would do anything to! But it turns out I cannot because of something that I can't change (legally :teehee:).

But life is life. If there's no getting around it, then that's that. It's hard to give up hope, but I think it's time.

I know how you feel waiting and hating not getting to go. My 18th birthday is June 25th can you imagine?! Ugh. I hope he comes back to USA soon!

I know how you feel - really!

Mika toured the US in June 2007 and I had assumed that included Canada but it didn't. Then he was supposed to play a festival outside of Montreal in August and it was cancelled.

He performed at Good Morning America the same day and Suzy and I considered going at the last minute but decided it wasn't worth the cost just to hear him sing 2 or 3 songs and were gutted when he ended up doing a whole private gig later in the afternoon because the GMA concert was rained out.

Also that month he was supposed to mentor on Canadian Idol and we tried to get tickets to the show and had hoped that he might do a gig in Toronto too since he'd be here for a few days. But again it was cancelled.

Because of the ongoing ear/nose/throat issues he postponed a tenative N. American tour in September to get some rest before the Dodgy Holiday Tour in October.

Soooo...even us "privileged" types have been through a lot of disappointment. But since you live in the US and are willing to travel a bit it's only a matter of time before you will get your gig. It will happen!

What the **** that is so screwed up!!!!!!! Seriously im hysterically crying that is not fair!

I got everything settled' date=' my ticket is purchased:boing:[/quote']

congrats to all that may go to the concert

:groovy:

I'm really sorry for this restricted age thing :boxed: I can't imagine not being able to go to a concert of Mika because of this :no: like DaMango said "If I could trade ages with you, I would gladly" :sad:

foalbaby14 - I'm glad you solved the problem and was able to buy the ticket. :clap:

Aimee - I hope that you can go to the show in some way :thumb_yello:

I know how you feel - really!

Mika toured the US in June 2007 and I had assumed that included Canada but it didn't. Then he was supposed to play a festival outside of Montreal in August and it was cancelled.

He performed at Good Morning America the same day and Suzy and I considered going at the last minute but decided it wasn't worth the cost just to hear him sing 2 or 3 songs and were gutted when he ended up doing a whole private gig later in the afternoon because the GMA concert was rained out.

Also that month he was supposed to mentor on Canadian Idol and we tried to get tickets to the show and had hoped that he might do a gig in Toronto too since he'd be here for a few days. But again it was cancelled.

Because of the ongoing ear/nose/throat issues he postponed a tenative N. American tour in September to get some rest before the Dodgy Holiday Tour in October.

Soooo...even us "privileged" types have been through a lot of disappointment. But since you live in the US and are willing to travel a bit it's only a matter of time before you will get your gig. It will happen!

:shocked: Wow! I had no idea! I have no right to complain after all you've been through!

I guess it just goes to show that all of this is out of our hands. The reason I'm so upset is that all of this has been in the dark, so I got all my hopes up without even really thinking about it. Life is life! :dunno:

This summer will just have to be spent with road trips blaring Mika, rearranging CD's in the store, and singing loudly in public. Like last summer! And it wasn't half bad. :original:

:shocked: Wow! I had no idea! I have no right to complain after all you've been through!

I guess it just goes to show that all of this is out of our hands. The reason I'm so upset is that all of this has been in the dark, so I got all my hopes up without even really thinking about it. Life is life! :dunno:

This summer will just have to be spent with road trips blaring Mika, rearranging CD's in the store, and singing loudly in public. Like last summer! And it wasn't half bad. :original:

sounds like my kind of summer. :thumb_yello:

Hey MFCers! A lot of people are sorry about the age restriction for Mika's show, but that is a very sad fact of life here in NYC for people who enjoy live music. My son books and promotes rock shows here and he got into it simply because as a teenager he was horribly frustrated at the lack of all ages shows here. He has found it almost impossible to find smaller venues that will do all ages shows. Even 18+ is a great thing in light of the fact that a lot of shows at clubs here are 21+ because of the legal drinking age being 21.

I've talked with venue managers here and they report having problems with underage drinking (teens sneaking alcohol in, adults buying them drinks, etc.) and the NYPD give clubs a really hard time over this issue.

It is terribly frustrating!!!

I hope everyone who wants to see Mika live will eventually get the chance...

Edited by mommylovesmika
typographical error

Well everyone has the right to be disappointed. It doesn't help that Mika hasn't done anything in N. America in a year and a half except a last minute gig that very few MFCers could attend for obvious reasons. But it will get better once he starts touring and promoting the album.

A lot of new fans were going through this in the latter part of 2007 but once the Dodgy Holiday Tour was complete many many people finally managed to see him for the first time. The same thing will happen on the next tour.

Oh Suzy please don't do that to me :mf_lustslow: you know I'm weak! If even just to see you all again!! But I think that it would be too much cash after my LA decadence :aah:

But Mika will be so disapointed... he will be expecting, maybe testing your decadence to the max (bet you cave in and go lol). :naughty::naughty:

Edited by sparkly1

Totally understand, and we actually did want to make the announcement

more targeted that way. But, as Christine said, Mika's management had

a different idea. :wink2:

they obviously go in for hysteria more than here then eh.:sneaky2:

Hey MFCers! A lot of people are sorry about the age restriction for Mika's show, but that is a very sad fact of life here in NYC for people who enjoy live music. My son books and promotes rock shows here and he got into it simply because as a teenager he was horribly frustrated at the lack of all ages shows here. He has found it almost impossible to find smaller venues that will do all ages shows. Even 18+ is a great thing in light of the fact that a lot of shows at clubs here are 21+ because of the legal drinking age being 21.

I've talked with venue managers here and they report having problems with underage drinking (teens sneaking alcohol in, adults buying them drinks, etc.) and the NYPD give clubs a really hard time over this issue.

It is terribly frustrating!!!

I hope everyone who wants to see Mika live will eventually get the chance...

ughhh GOD why cant they just make it easier (and safer) for everyone by just CUTTING OUT THE DRINKING!!! i mean if you wanna really be able to take it all in and hear a singer u have to not be drunk especially with mika gigs cuz might i add it would be bat**** crazy if you were drunk/high at his full on concerts:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

ughhh GOD why cant they just make it easier (and safer) for everyone by just CUTTING OUT THE DRINKING!!! i mean if you wanna really be able to take it all in and hear a singer u have to not be drunk especially with mika gigs cuz might i add it would be bat**** crazy if you were drunk/high at his full on concerts:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

Some people just want a drink or two when they go out. I think this is going to be a pretty chill show! It seems like a really cool/trendy/artsy venue.

Some people just want a drink or two when they go out. I think this is going to be a pretty chill show! It seems like a really cool/trendy/artsy venue.

Hello: The club wouldn't stay in business if they didn't sell drinks!