MIKA @ Le Poisson Rouge | New York City, USA

Christine

Does anyone know if the NYC show will be a continuation of the Songs for Sorrow accoustic tour or if it will be something different? The age restriction got me puzzled... usually venues in NYC just use wristbands on the over 18s to differentiate who can and who can't drink alcoholic beverages during the show...

usually they give wristbands to 21 and over. you can't drink under 21. :thumbdown:

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if the NYC show will be a continuation of the Songs for Sorrow accoustic tour or if it will be something different? The age restriction got me puzzled... usually venues in NYC just use wristbands on the over 18s to differentiate who can and who can't drink alcoholic beverages during the show...

We were told that this is part of the acoustic tour but Mika sure loves surprises so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I don't really know what the 18+ policy is about.

SEE:

"About this event"

http://lepoissonrouge.com/events/view/300

BTW, tickets are already on sale and going fast!

Edited by A. Clay

This is what the venue's website says:

Mika will be playing his only American show of the summer at New York City’s Le Poisson Rouge on Tuesday, June 23rd. The show will be an acoustic, intimate affair, seeing Mika perform as a four-piece with a drummer and two guitarists in tow. He will be playing songs from his newly released EP, Songs For Sorrow, available now via his website – http://www.mikasounds.com – in addition to fan favorites from his incredible debut, Life in Cartoon Motion.

The performance in New York City follows a surprise acoustic show Mika played at the Roxy in Los Angeles in April, which saw nearly 2,000 fans line up for tickets. Mika’s performance in this stripped down environment received rave reviews, and gave fans an exclusive opportunity to hear new Mika songs before anyone else. The Le Poisson Rouge show promises to be equally as special and brilliant.

Mika’s new acoustic EP, Songs For Sorrow (Universal Republic Records), features the first new songs written after Life in Cartoon Motion’s globe-spanning success. The EP sees him collaborating with Final Fantasy’s Owen Pallett, and was recorded in Los Angeles over the last year. A limited edition version of the EP, featuring a special, beautifully designed hard back book of artwork by some of Mika’s favorite artists, is available exclusively through Paul Smith and Lanvin shops worldwide, as well as via http://www.mikasounds.com.

BTW, tickets are already on sale and going fast!

Actually, Alice, according to mommylovesmika -- she got the last

tickets a few hours ago. The gig appears to be sold out! :thumb_yello:

The performance in New York City follows a surprise acoustic show Mika played at the Roxy in Los Angeles in April, which saw nearly 2,000 fans line up for tickets.

Oh so now it's 2,000 people who lined up for tickets in LA? A few weeks ago it was 1,500 people. And if I recall correctly on April 14 it was about 350 people. :teehee:

Mika’s performance in this stripped down environment received rave reviews, and gave fans an exclusive opportunity to hear new Mika songs before anyone else. The Le Poisson Rouge show promises to be equally as special and brilliant.

I have to agree with what Bab said a few days ago that you'd be hard pressed to put on a show as special and brilliant as one where he premiered 4 new songs to the public.

I guess we'll have to see. :wink2:

The venue tweeted about 90 minutes ago that they were close to

selling out! That means tickets went in about 48 hours -- the presale

link went live around 2 p.m. Tuesday. :thumb_yello:

So... are we going to see you there again, too? :)

Yes, I'll be there! Looking forward to seeing you and to meeting some new people too!

All the best,

Joanne

Yes, I'll be there! Looking forward to seeing you and to meeting some new people too!

All the best,

Joanne

Yay . . . can't wait to see you again!!!! Feels like it has been YEARS! :teehee:

Actually, Alice, according to mommylovesmika -- she got the last

tickets a few hours ago. The gig appears to be sold out! :thumb_yello:

:sneaky2: I checked for a while after:

some tickets were still available.

(I think she likely got "some" of the last ones.)

But later, and now, tickets are no longer available.

Yes, appears sold out now. GOOD for MIKA!

http://lepoissonrouge.inticketing.com/events/39116

(I expect there were some who

believing the venue's stated sale start to be Friday,

held back and lost out!)

Anyway, I'll look forward to seeing you & the other MFCers in NYC! :blush-anim-cl:

Edited by A. Clay

Yay . . . can't wait to see you again!!!! Feels like it has been YEARS! :teehee:

Looking forward to it too! I'm just hoping you'll sleep later that day than you did the day of the Terminal 5 show! Doors don't open 'til 9, so please don't compel me to have to go stand on line early! lol

Looking forward to it too! I'm just hoping you'll sleep later that day than you did the day of the Terminal 5 show! Doors don't open 'til 9, so please don't compel me to have to go stand on line early! lol

S l e e p is good :teehee:

Oh so now it's 2,000 people who lined up for tickets in LA? A few weeks ago it was 1,500 people. And if I recall correctly on April 14 it was about 350 people. :teehee:

QUOTE]

:lmao: maybe they are still outside at the park waiting for tickets... the line grew :wink2:[/

Aimee the venue misunderstood the situation. It's been confirmed that this is strictly 18, no exceptions. If you read back through the thread you'll see they've changed the wording on their website.

Aimee the venue misunderstood the situation. It's been confirmed that this is strictly 18, no exceptions. If you read back through the thread you'll see they've changed the wording on their website.

yeah i know thats what i meant by saying i know... i think we should inform them that thats not the case cuz i called an hour ago and they told me if ur accompanied by an adult...but i guess thats not the case with team mika and thats what matters :tears: I AM GOING REGARDLESS! AS IF A STUPID LITTLE AGE BAN WILL STOP ME?!?!?!?! DO THEY KNOW WHO THE **** THEY ARE DEALING WITH:sneaky2::roftl::sneaky2::roftl:

The performance in New York City follows a surprise acoustic show Mika played at the Roxy in Los Angeles in April, which saw nearly 2,000 fans line up for tickets. Mika’s performance in this stripped down environment received rave reviews, and gave fans an exclusive opportunity to hear new Mika songs before anyone else. The Le Poisson Rouge show promises to be equally as special and brilliant.

Literally. :sneaky2:

yeah i know thats what i meant by saying i know... i think we should inform them that thats not the case cuz i called an hour ago and they told me if ur accompanied by an adult...but i guess thats not the case with team mika and thats what matters :tears: I AM GOING REGARDLESS! AS IF A STUPID LITTLE AGE BAN WILL STOP ME?!?!?!?! DO THEY KNOW WHO THE **** THEY ARE DEALING WITH:sneaky2::roftl::sneaky2::roftl:

Can you edit your earlier post? Nearly gave me a heart attack. :wink2:

From twitter

lprnycoh yes, and Mika=Sold Out

:wub2: CONGRATZ, MIKA: THAT DIDN'T TAKE LONG AT ALL! :wub2:

yeah without the help of us under 18-ers (even though yes i got tickets):mf_rosetinted: sorry i am being a bit bitchey and moody im just pissed off that i have to fake my way into the gig:sneaky2:

You know what? You live in New York. I might do the same thing if I didn't have far to travel. It would be more to risk if I had to travel far and spent a lot of money getting there.

Like Deb said last night' date=' I would feel awful, if you decided to stay home and got information that under aged individuals were let in after all.

Geez...if this is frustrating for me, I can't imagine how you Younglings must feel.[/font'] :boxed:

yeah without the help of us under 18-ers (even though yes i got tickets):mf_rosetinted: sorry i am being a bit bitchey and moody im just pissed off that i have to fake my way into the gig:sneaky2:

You know' date=' I believe, if nothing else, MIKA is neither unaware,

nor lacking good judgement.

I think MIKA appreciates all his fans and that he will try very hard

to make things up to the disappointed younger fans, sooner or later.[/color']

Edited by A. Clay

You know what? You live in New York. I might do the same thing if I didn't have far to travel. It would be more to risk if I had to travel far and spent a lot of money getting there.

Like Deb said last night, I would feel awful, if you decided to stay home and got information that under aged individuals were let in after all.

Geez...if this is frustrating for me, I can't imagine how you Younglings must feel. :boxed:

true i dont think i would travel across the us to see it if it had this rule... but i just feel so unappreciated knowing that im not wanted at his gig after all that i do for him! OIIII THIS IS GONNA START THE WATER WORKS AGAIN!:crybaby:

You know, I believe, if nothing else, MIKA is neither unaware,

nor lacking good judgement.

I think, he will try very hard to make things up to the younger fans, sooner or later.

but why should he have to do something later and make it more difficult for him AND us when all he has to do is lift the damn ban! **** IM PISSED OFF NOW!