Big girls not welcome??

Niki27

Ok this is a private rant but I need to let it out.

Last friday, Em', Slavaniet, Phylomene and I went to a DJ set at the Social Club, Paris. We had ticks and everything BUT when we got to the door, they barred us the way. Reason? "Some people in the group didn't have the right profile" to enter. I was let in and talked to the doorman, who first said the problem was my friends' clothes... And trust me, there was nothing wrong with their clothes! Those who know us on this forum know we dress normal, and don't look like freaking terrorists! I said that if that was the problem, they could get changed but he replied that'd make no difference. I then asked him very blunt if his problem was that my friends were too fat, he stared at his feet and didn't reply!!!

Because I think this is outrageous. Because I can't accept it, and because I know a lot of you won't find it normal either, I'm asking you to join this group and leave a com if you can:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=45084493462&ref=mf

I know it won't make a big difference but people need to know about this club's policy so that it backfires on it.

Just in case: this is the club's facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=45084493462&ref=mf#/pages/Paris-France/Social-Club/15720667841?ref=mf

and their myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/parissocialclub

Thanks a lot.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh yeah indeed, this is how that stupid physio kinda ruined our evening. Niki Phylo and Slav had come a long way to go see Calvin Harris, but this d*ckhead decided to ruin our evening (not only ours actually, he rejected many people, even others coming from UK and South of France, on whoeverknows what basis, as everybody really looked ok) just because he pleased. That is anti-democratic. And I can tell you that nobody was drunk or misbehaving.

At least Niki and Phylo could get in at the end, after lots of discussion and Niki's braveness, but he would not let the four of us get in. I did not care so much as I did not travel a long way but how can somebody decide, when you have bought tickets in advance and present no reason to get rejected, that you're not good enough for his club???

WHAT????

:jawdrop:

That is totally unacceptable!!! How dare they?? :shocked:

I really can't believe it...

Do they have some warning telling people about their "weight policy"? Do they advertise themselves as a "skinny people only" club? Or was the doorman in a bad mood on that night??

Honestly...I'm shocked! Truly shocked! :shocked:

(I joined the group! :thumb_yello:)

Well it seems like it happened to a lot of people before, and that weight is not the only criterium. You just "fit in" or not, like they said... It could happen to any of us, any of you. That's why we cannot accept it without reacting. I hope the MFC army will stand up :aah:

Eh yeah indeed' date=' this is how that stupid physio kinda ruined our evening. Niki Phylo and Slav had come a long way to go see Calvin Harris, but this d*ckhead decided to ruin our evening (not only ours actually, he rejected many people, even others coming from UK and South of France, on whoeverknows what basis, as everybody really looked ok) just because he pleased. That is anti-democratic. And I can tell you that nobody was drunk or misbehaving.

At least Niki and Phylo could get in at the end, after lots of discussion and Niki's braveness, but he would not let the four of us get in. I did not care so much as I did not travel a long way but how can somebody decide, when you have bought tickets in advance and present no reason to get rejected, that you're not good enough for his club???[/quote']

What about your tickets? Were you reimbursed?

You guys should report that situation, and ask for an explanation! A serious one!! :boxed:

Well it seems like it happened to a lot of people before, and that weight is not the only criterium. You just "fit in" or not, like they said... It could happen to any of us, any of you. That's why we cannot accept it without reacting. I hope the MFC army will stand up :aah:

Well, but if they let you buy the ticket, they should let you in...

Or at least explain the "conditions" to get in the club! Like in the back of the ticket or something! :boxed:

Well actually they rejected many people, some cute, some quite well-dressed, some dressed normally, some skinny. There was no way to see what his criteria were ! Just if he thought you fitted his club or not... And given the people I saw rejected you can't even guess what fits his club :naughty:.

My confidence got ruined within two seconds. And twice. Because yes, I retried to get in, just in case. And got rejected again. When I decided to overcome my shyness and go to the door again, he looked at me from head to toes, saying "it's not possible". I replied: why ? He said: you're not well dressed enough, to which I answered that half of the people who got in were wearing jeans and converse like I was.

And do you know what his answer was ? :naughty: "If you managed a club you would know how difficult it is to run one". And I then replied: Do I look like a terrorist?

And of course as he had no argument anymore he just closed the door.

B*stard!

Slav and myself got reimbursed, but even if they do, who's reimbursing the trip to someone who traveled a long way? And how do you "reimburse" people from whom you've just ruined their confidence within two seconds, deliberately?

Edited by Em'

Well actually they rejected many people' date=' some cute, some quite well-dressed, some dressed normally, some skinny. There was no way to see what his criteria were ! Just if he thought you fitted his club or not... And given the people I saw rejected you can't even guess what fits his club :naughty:.

My confidence got ruined within two seconds. And twice. Because yes, I retried to get in, just in case. And got rejected again. When I decided to overcome my shyness and go to the door again, he looked at me from head to toes, saying "it's not possible". I replied: why ? He said: you're not well dressed enough, to which I answered that half of the people who got in were wearing jeans and converse like I was.

And do you know what his answer was ? :naughty: "If you managed a club you would know how difficult it is to run one". And I then replied: Do I look a terrorist?

And of course as he had no argument anymore he just closed the door.

B*stard![/quote']

Maaan...stupid people! :boxed:

Oh I am standing UP! Niki YOUR troops are bigger then theirs! :teehee:

this is an outrage and CANNOT go without MAJOR reaction . . . I am going to do my part! (and NOT j u s t because there is NO WAY I would have gotten in! I am about as BIG as they come!) BUT, because descrimination in ANY form is WRONG WRONG WRONG! And we cannot just lay down and let things like this keep happening! NO WAY!

Thanks. I just wrote an email to the promoter. Will also contact the national office against all forms of discriminations. I will write to the president if needed :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

You go girl! :toot:

Like I said before: sick sick sick!!

It's simply not normal to reject people from an event they paid for without proper reason! Like you said Niki, the guy should have known better, how could he of all people discriminate. Disgusting!

*joined*

Especially Droopsy when he's black and he must have for sure suffered from discrimination more than once!

Idd! That's what I meant, Niki told me about that. I still can't believe there are clubs like that.. No, I can't believe people still go to those kinds of clubs!

Idd! That's what I meant, Niki told me about that. I still can't believe there are clubs like that.. No, I can't believe people still go to those kinds of clubs!

Indeed... and they call themselves the SOCIAL club. What a joke :sneaky2:

I'm not on facebook, so i cannot join the club, sorry.

BUT I'm just shocked, apalled, scandalised and pissed off about such a kind of behaviour.

you guys have been too kind and polite. this would have called for a ring to the police and a report for unappropriate behaviour and discrimination.

bastards

I'm not on facebook, so i cannot join the club, sorry.

BUT I'm just shocked, apalled, scandalised and pissed off about such a kind of behaviour.

you guys have been too kind and polite. this would have called for a ring to the police and a report for unappropriate behaviour and discrimination.

bastards

Oh trust me, and ask Em, I wasn't kind :roftl:

The police wouldn't have moved, I'm afraid :sneaky2: