MIKA @ Cirque d'Hiver, Paris - June 12, 2009 2ND DATE! - Gig reports, photos & videos

robertina

I sure am! (Lovely AND a fangurl, that is)

But you seem to have put the bit about not being sarcastic in the wrong place :naughty:

Did you notice the guy in the yellow Lacoste shirt, thirtyish, well-padded, was there with the wife and kid, second row so in front of you, slightly to the left who shook it like mad for the whole concert ? He made me feel happy. Even happier, I mean.

Talking about the concert, has a set list been posted here ? I seem to be unable to trace it. In a report, maybe ?

No, what I wrote about you was off topic, and I was bowing to Kata, I think, for being interested only in music, not gossips and the gutter press... it's is just that as I am so often sarcastic, when I am not I feel I have to warn people !

When I was a teacher it was the same : I would compliment a kid on his answer, or his behaviour and he would look at me, thinking very loud : 'OK, here she is pulling my leg...'.

The story of my life : completely misunderstood :wink2: !

Marie-Thérèse

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is unbelievable is not that he should say it, after all that might be a few PC words thrown at fans, the American way, what is incredibly touching is that he was just expressing his true feelings :wub2: .

He doesn't only love to be admired :bow: , which, considering the job he has chosen for himself -or which has chosen him :wink2: ?- is only natural, he also loves to be loved, which is good because he is a most lovable person :huglove: .

Marie-Thérèse

Can you name an artist who doesn't? :wink2:

Thanks for you report Deb :wub2: I really like this moment even if we sang very very wrong at the end :blush-anim-cl: We really had a great time there :thumb_yello:

No we were just perfect! :roftl: Look how he looked uncomfortable before we start and then, his smile, it's as if it was a relief! :thumb_yello:

Hello !!!

I'm quite sure you already had a lot of reports, I didn't read all the thread but I can tell you few words about the two gigs !!

They were really amazing... the best experience so far. Especially the 12th one. And he said on purpose at the very beginning of the gig that it was their last one of the tour so they were more relax than the other gigs ! And we could actually say that he totally let himself go on a special vibe...

He was amazing, very connected with the crowd. The venue was stonning, and this round stage so special... On the 12th I was first row, just in front of the piano and I could really see his emotions while he was playing...With my friend, we were the only one to stand during the fast songs but he didn't matter, I wanted to have fun. At least Mika saw us when he looked that way !! we were the 2 crazy girls of the first row of that block

It was amazing seeing Aurelien playing during Relax. I was so shocked ! So happy for him !

I liked Rain so much !!!! We can hear all the prospective of this song

When Mika felt during Relax, it was just in front of us. Poor him.

Well, the encore were so nice !!! everybody was singing, standing up etc...

All the venue went mad ! He made Stuck in the middle again but he said it was our turn to sing and he made the venue sing during it !!!

At one moment, for the last encore, he wanted to sing Love Today. He made one note and all the crowd had guessed it was Love Today and at the same moment, eveybody sang "doom da da di da di doom".... he was so suprised and said "crap, how did you know that ?" !!

What else can I say. With the French forum, we organized some things for him : during the gig, just before the first encore, when he came back on stage, we launched to him flowers... everybody came with one flower and we all launched them at the same time, as we were dispatched in all the venue, the flowers came from the 4 corners of the crowd. I really like this moment. Mika has played with the flowers, so as Martin and Dan ! And he also gave or launched a few ones in the audience. At the end, Ida picked up some of them. And at the end, when he came out after the gig, there were too many people. Some of the people didn't behave so well and pushed everyone... Mika said to stop, otherwise he went back home. After that, he arrived to our little group (we were about 30 ) and we sang to him a song that suited very well to that gig from France Gall (song written by Serge Gainsbourg who Mika used to listen when he was in France) : "Il jouait du piano debout" (He played the piano standing (sorry for this bad translation)) and he was so happy !! he stopped a while to listen to us and at one moment, we were not very secure with the lyrics so he laughed and made a little bit fun of us !! priceless ! at the end, he applaused and thanked us. It was so nice !! (this is the video !!!! please, do not make fun of us !!

)

Well, those gigs were amazing, Mika was amazing, as usual but I really enjoyed how he played the old songs and I think his voice is better and better...

I was happy to speak with a few Mfcers and sorry if I didn't speak to many of you.

It was nice to meet Juju, Bianka, and I also spoke a litle bit with Soaring Simpson who was sitting just in front of me during the 11th (what a nice lady who made me sign the MFC flag), only a few words with Babspanky. I thank Charlotte for having taken a pic of us. Very kind of you and the pic is so nice. It was very nice to have few talks with you. You're a very nice person, I could see that reading your posts and seeing you pics but you really are.

I would have wanted to write more details, and communicate more feelings but it's hard to do it in english.

Sorry for my mistakes...

Well, here are the few pics I took.

thank you so much for yr nice report, pics and vids Deb!!

Oh what a sweet moment it was the one when you were singing ""Il jouait du piano debout"; and he loved it for sure! :biggrin2::wub2:

He really is a total star, isn't he? So lovely.

Mana and I were speaking to him after the last Paris gig and he said that it had been great to see us at the front at the gigs, "guiding" him throughout the tour.

That comment truly left me touched. Him, thanking us, and saying that our presence and support had helped him. Wow.

I've been thinking about it myself, yr presence must have been important to him for sure! :thumb_yello::wub2:

After that, he arrived to our little group (we were about 30 ) and we sang to him a song that suited very well to that gig from France Gall (song written by Serge Gainsbourg who Mika used to listen when he was in France) : "Il jouait du piano debout" (He played the piano standing (sorry for this bad translation)) and he was so happy !! he stopped a while to listen to us and at one moment, we were not very secure with the lyrics so he laughed and made a little bit fun of us !! priceless ! at the end, he applaused and thanked us. It was so nice !! (this is the video !!!! please, do not make fun of us !!

)

No wonder he is so fond of you French fans when you do sweet things like that for him!:wub2:

Mana and I were speaking to him after the last Paris gig and he said that it had been great to see us at the front at the gigs, "guiding" him throughout the tour.

That comment truly left me touched. Him, thanking us, and saying that our presence and support had helped him. Wow.

How could you not be touched by those words... Thanking the fans for their presence and support that way is so special:wub2: Cant think of any other artists who appreciate their fans that much.

Of course it's encouraging for him to see that he has some really faithful people who follow him around, almost like little lucky charms, and we know he is the kind of person who want to have his family around him on his adventures. And now he has his little MFC family as well!:wub2::wub2::wub2:

these thoughts are so beautiful sienna:wub2:

Awww.. what wonderful words :biggrin2: and you deserve it too!! I wouldn't be able to do what you all do.. :thumb_yello:

Ok, fiiiiiiiiinally if anyone still cares :roftl: here is the first batch of my vids for this night.

The rest coming later tonight or tomorrow:

Mika - Grace Kelly @ Cirque D'Hiver in Paris 120609

Mika - Lonely Alcoholic @ Cirque D'Hiver in Paris 120609

[/u]

Ok, fiiiiiiiiinally if anyone still cares :roftl: here is the first batch of my vids for this night.

The rest coming later tonight or tomorrow:

[/u]

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! The sound is extraordinary!!!:flowers2:

Some of you asked us what we're singing so here the lyrics :wink2:

Il jouait du piano debout,

C'est peut être un detail pour vous,

mais pour nous ça veut dire beaucoup,

ça veut dire qu'il était libre,

Heureux d'être là avec nous

Il chantait sur des rythmes fous,

Et pour nous ça veut dire beaucoup,

Simplement sur ses deux pieds,

Il voulait être lui vous comprenez

And the real song by France Gall :

(80' years)

Thanks for your videos Sara :thumb_yello:

I have some videos too but I was always jumping (:teehee:)so it's not a good quality except "over my shoulder" (

)

(80' years)

I have some videos too but I was always jumping (:teehee:)so it's not a good quality except "over my shoulder" (

)

oh thank you Biche!!

I think the lyrics suit him well :wub2:

(80' years)

)

thanks for the lyrics! at some point it seems like they're talking about mika

Where were we last week and where are we now? :tears:

:tears:

I just hope time will pass as quick as this week has until the next gig I will attend...:tears:

A bientot,

Bianca

xx

:huglove::huglove: Just keep the memories fresh until you see him again ... thank the lord for YT :wub2: That helps alot :biggrin2:

Ok, here is the full list of all the vids that I took on the 12th. Bear in mind that I moved quite a bit so they are not always fantastic quality :naughty:.

[/u]

Mika - GGG @ Cirque D'Hiver in Paris 120609

Mika - Love Today @ Cirque D'Hiver in Paris 120609

Mika - BIOTG @ Cirque D'Hiver in Paris 120609

Mika - Happy Ending @ Cirque D'Hiver in Paris 120609

[/u]

Mika featuring Aurelien - Relax @ Cirque D'Hiver in Paris 120609

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5ue81CUf0U

Oh, and Biche, I can't see that French interview through the link :blink:

Oh, and Biche, I can't see that French interview through the link :blink:

Oh really? :boxed: That's weird, it works on my cumputer :blink: Do you have "realPlayer" ? I can see the video with it :wink2:

I will try to find someone to download it, I don't know do that :blush-anim-cl:

Thanks for your videos :wink2: Amazing :wub2:

Oh really? :boxed: That's weird, it works on my cumputer :blink: Do you have "realPlayer" ? I can see the video with it :wink2:

I will try to find someone to download it, I don't know do that :blush-anim-cl:

Thanks for your videos :wink2 Amazing :wub2

I'm downloading it now and then I'll upload it for everyone :wink2:

Here's the download:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pz8e3d

I'm trying to upload it to Youtube right now as well. :naughty:

EDIT: Sorry, guys. It won't let me :emot-sad:

Edited by Fmbm