MIKA @ Cirque d'Hiver, Paris - June 12, 2009 2ND DATE! - Gig reports, photos & videos

robertina

Thanks Deborah for the report, videos and pictures :). I would have not say it in a better way :thumb_yello: , as my english is not so good as yours, I will just say that this gig was my favorite by far from Mika (not the other was not good ;), but the energy and the quality of the show was perfect, and Mika and the band have a really good alchemy together now, they know each other playing and Ida and Alexander are really amazing, their voice go perfectly with the one of Mika :), cello and violon give also more deepth to the songs.

Hello !!!

After that, he arrived to our little group (we were about 30 ) and we sang to him a song that suited very well to that gig from France Gall (song written by Serge Gainsbourg who Mika used to listen when he was in France) : "Il jouait du piano debout" (He played the piano standing (sorry for this bad translation)) and he was so happy !! he stopped a while to listen to us and at one moment, we were not very secure with the lyrics so he laughed and made a little bit fun of us !! priceless ! at the end, he applaused and thanked us. It was so nice !! (this is the video !!!! please, do not make fun of us !!

)

"Il jouait du piano debout" is a song written by Michel Berger who was the husband of France Gall during a long time, he did actually write a lot of song for her, Serge Gainsbourg wrote songs for her in the beginning of her career ;) . Just to correct that :) I think this moment was amazing I was just behind Mika when I heard you and even if I was not close to you I sang with you. See this video and the smile that you bring to him is so sweet :wub2: , It was a great idea to do it like that.

My cousin took some videos and pictures but they are not in a good quality by the way I selected the better ones

Happy ending, a moment with Ida and Mika

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0YQav8jIjU

Relax (with Aurelien) and the Mika falls in the end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYQoDxogkmE

Love today in the end of the show when Mika when us to sing :manga:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ayawvhpnf0s

and two pictures:

http://img5.hostingpics.net/pics/651292DSC00969.jpg

http://img5.hostingpics.net/pics/637788Mika_piano.jpg

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, he didn't?:

Oh he must be :hair::badmood: then!

No we can't even bash him for not reporting, geeezzz!:biggrin2::mf_rosetinted:

Oh he is, although a bit better after a couple of day's hillwalking ; when your body is sore your mind tends to keep quiet :wink2: ...

And again, sorry to repeat myself, but don't rattle his cage :shocked: ! What's wrong with you all, have you never been to a zoo :sneaky2: ?

M.-Th.

"Il jouait du piano debout" is a song written by Michel Berger who was the husband of France Gall during a long time, he did actually write a lot of song for her, Serge Gainsbourg wrote songs for her in the beginning of her career ;) . Just to correct that :)

yesss ! why did I said that :blink: Sorry for the mistake ! :doh: I thought France Gall and directly the interview when he spoke about her and "Gainsbourg's dolls' came to my mind... :teehee:

Love today in the end of the show when Mika when us to sing :manga:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ayawvhpnf0s

so glad you got it !!! :thumb_yello: Nice ! I loved that moment :wub2:

At one moment, for the last encore, he wanted to sing Love Today. He made one note and all the crowd had guessed it was Love Today and at the same moment, eveybody sang "doom da da di da di doom".... he was so suprised and said "crap, how did you know that ?" !! [/b]

QUOTE]

Thanks for a brilliant report !

I know, I truly believe that Mica can still be amazed and touched :wub2: to realise how close we are to him and his songs, a bit like two old friends or lovers ending each other's sentences :huglove: .

I am sure he is not just pretending, he is genuinely and deeply moved.

I didn't remember that the involontary fall took place during the song Aurelien performed with Mica and was wondering if the latter was not a little hyper too, after all what he did was daring, trusting Aurelien, even though he knows he is a true musician, was quite something.

So he may have felt a little nervous about it, hence the fall... still those confetti were a hazard, I will never tire of saying it :sneaky2: !

I won't be able to post my vids of the June 12th concert before quite a few days, and might well not post them at all as their quality is crappy after seeing so many brilliant ones.

Plus the friend who edits them for me will probably find it difficult to take off the totally off topic bits I filmed for Id3 and which musn't circulate on the Internet.

Just wanted to tell you that it's not that I want to keep the footage for myself -again, crappy anyway-.

M.-Th.

Edited by marie-andrée de rougemont

After watching so many brilliant vids of the Cirque d'Hiver concerts :thumb_yello: and not having got the opportunity to watch half the whole footage yet, I must say that -so far- I have a soft spot in my heart for the grandelily87's video of Happy Ending, June 11th...

But then I am a great sucker for close ups and Mica's left side is definitely his better one, much less monkeyish, much more manly and those dimples :fangurl::swoon: !

M.-Th.

Oh he is, although a bit better after a couple of day's hillwalking ; when your body is sore your mind tends to keep quiet ...

And again, sorry to repeat myself, but don't rattle his cage :shocked: ! What's wrong with you all, have you never been to a zoo :sneaky2: ?

M.-Th.

Oh, MT!

i just love the way you talk about your own son...:roftl::roftl::roftl:

:biggrin2:

And don't worry we brought some raw meat...:mf_rosetinted:

For the ones who are still interested by some vids, here are mine for the 12th :

Big Girl (just an extract when he moves... :naughty: )

Big Girl

Over my shoulder

(I got Martin's head just in front of me :sneaky2: but the sound is quite good )

Love Today ( with the little girl !! )

Happy Ending

Lollipop ( when he was totally excited so as the crowd and he made us sing !

at 00,20 little dance on the piano !)

Rain

Relax ( With Aurélien and his fall at 4,50' )

EDIT : I forgot Lonely ALcoholic :

Edited by French Deb

One film that we're not going to watch, more's the pity, is the Ps' footage of both CDH gigs.

On the first date, J. Penniman was in charge of the camera. She was standing in a passage, to the right of the piano and she favoured the stage.

Anyway, even when she is not filming, she never allows herself to sit down, poor thing :emot-sad: ; probably because, being part of M team, she wants to be able to rush backstage should her expertise be needed there...

On the 12th, M. Penniman, who was the camera person, filmed the :insane: crowd a lot.

At some point, when everyone was chanting 'Une autre ! Une autre !' he joined them and then, as somebody next to him -friend or family- seemed to express some surprise, he flashed at her a half sheepish, half mischievous grin -uncannily Mica-ish :wub2: - as if to say : 'Well, why not ? After all, I am part of the audience and I do want him to sing another song :wink2: ' !

.After that, he arrived to our little group (we were about 30 ) and we sang to him a song that suited very well to that gig from France Gall (song written by Serge Gainsbourg who Mika used to listen when he was in France) : "Il jouait du piano debout" (He played the piano standing (sorry for this bad translation)) and he was so happy !! he stopped a while to listen to us and at one moment, we were not very secure with the lyrics so he laughed and made a little bit fun of us !! priceless ! at the end, he applaused and thanked us. It was so nice !! (this is the video !!!! please, do not make fun of us !!
)

Thanks for you report Deb :wub2: I really like this moment even if we sang very very wrong at the end :blush-anim-cl: We really had a great time there :thumb_yello:

and...

for nostalgic people

http://directsoir.directmedia.fr/v1/Pages-Presse/Archives-Telechargement.aspx

n° 382 jeudi 03 Juillet 2008

:bye:

and...

for very very nostalgic people

http://directsoir.directmedia.fr/v1/Pages-Presse/Archives-Telechargement.aspx

n° 181 vendredi 29 juin 2007

yes, the character on the front page is quite similar... but he is not him....

M is on page 16

thank you loads Allegra!! :flowers2:

For the ones who are still interested by some vids, here are mine for the 12th :

Big Girl (just an extract when he moves... :naughty: )

Big Girl

Over my shoulder

(I got Martin's head just in front of me :sneaky2: but the sound is quite good )

Love Today ( with the little girl !! )

Happy Ending

Lollipop ( when he was totally excited so as the crowd and he made us sing !

at 00,20 little dance on the piano !)

Rain

Relax ( With Aurélien and his fall at 4,50' )

EDIT : I forgot Lonely ALcoholic :

Thank you so much Deb!! :flowers2::naughty::biggrin2::wub2:

Oh btw, I'm not posting a proper report quite yet, am totally exhausted, but I just wanted to say that last night was unbelievable and that it touched me at many levels.

There would be way too much to explain, but let's just say that Mika and all the people that he surrounds himself with are incredible, and that I utterly love the guy. He's truly amazing.

I'm so honoured and touched to have the opportunity of being a fan of someone who's so special, and to have had the chance of following him from the start. It really feels like he's one in a million and I just feel really proud of him, and lucky to have had the experiences that I've had with him.

He truly appreciates his fans, and it was really touching to hear his humble words to us last night which just made it crystal clear how he's unbelievably unassuming, and how he appreciates us. I still can't get over how nice he is as a person :wub2:. Oh and obviously, incredibly talented as well. That goes without saying :roftl:.

Very well said! I feel the same way, so lucky to have been at these gigs and a fan since the early days of 07. Mika is not only an amazingly talented songwriter and performer but an unbelievably nice and kind person too. His bahavior towards the fans is really touching:wub2:

Can i just ask to which humble words are you referring to at the last paragraph?

Oh btw, I'm not posting a proper report quite yet, am totally exhausted, but I just wanted to say that last night was unbelievable and that it touched me at many levels.

There would be way too much to explain, but let's just say that Mika and all the people that he surrounds himself with are incredible, and that I utterly love the guy. He's truly amazing.

I'm so honoured and touched to have the opportunity of being a fan of someone who's so special, and to have had the chance of following him from the start. It really feels like he's one in a million and I just feel really proud of him, and lucky to have had the experiences that I've had with him.

He truly appreciates his fans, and it was really touching to hear his humble words to us last night which just made it crystal clear how he's unbelievably unassuming, and how he appreciates us. I still can't get over how nice he is as a person :wub2:. Oh and obviously, incredibly talented as well. That goes without saying :roftl:.

awwwh beautifully put!

I agree...obviously I haven't been with him as long as you have, and haven't had as many experiences with him (who has?! :naughty:) but certainly the more I see of him, the more I am impressed with his talent, generosity, sincerity, and appreciation of his fans. What a special person

100% agree with this .... I know many of us haven't been here as long as you or have experienced the many amazing moments you've had with Mika - but I'm just so thankful I found him when I did .... he's utterly amazing, incredible and I'm very very proud to be a fan and a part of this amazing place - I know I only went to London show .... but because of all of you guys I feel I've been all across Europe the last week or so ..... thank you so much for taking us all with you ....

God why does this place and Mika make me so bloody sappy .... and I blame the sodding Observer thingy this morning too ..... :aah:

thats exactly how i feel :wub2::wub2::wub2:

Very well said! I feel the same way, so lucky to have been at these gigs and a fan since the early days of 07. Mika is not only an amazingly talented songwriter and performer but an unbelievably nice and kind person too. His bahavior towards the fans is really touching:wub2:

Can i just ask to which humble words are you referring to at the last paragraph?

He really is a total star, isn't he? So lovely.

Mana and I were speaking to him after the last Paris gig and he said that it had been great to see us at the front at the gigs, "guiding" him throughout the tour.

That comment truly left me touched. Him, thanking us, and saying that our presence and support had helped him. Wow.

Mana and I were speaking to him after the last Paris gig and he said that it had been great to see us at the front at the gigs, "guiding" him throughout the tour.

That comment truly left me touched. Him, thanking us, and saying that our presence and support had helped him. Wow.

Awww ... but it must be amazing for him to keep seeing the same faces .... I mean it was you and Aurelien who were the first to get up at Sadlers Wells finally during the gig and dance ... I was dying to dance .... but when everyone else is sitting down you can't really .... many many thanks to you ... cos' you don't just guide him .... you guided us too :huglove:

I knew it, I just knew it!:wub2:

Of course it's encouraging for him to see that he has some really faithful people who follow him around, almost like little lucky charms, and we know he is the kind of person who want to have his family around him on his adventures. And now he has his little MFC family as well!:wub2::wub2::wub2:

This guy's amazing:wub2:

What is unbelievable is not that he should say it, after all that might be a few PC words thrown at fans, the American way, what is incredibly touching is that he was just expressing his true feelings :wub2: .

He doesn't only love to be admired :bow: , which, considering the job he has chosen for himself -or which has chosen him :wink2: ?- is only natural, he also loves to be loved, which is good because he is a most lovable person :huglove: .

Marie-Thérèse