NYC Newbie!

ncsuemme

Hey fellow Mika fans!!!

So, I was at last night's most amazing Mika show in NYC. I had never seen Mika live, but I've loved him for a long time. The amount of outreach he has to his fans has me even deeper in love with Mika the person (and the music) and thus, I ended up here. I was just thinking (and this sounds totally corny) - "If I could live with even a third of the happiness Mika's songs carry, I'd be an overall much happier person." I love the complex pop music he creates, emotional and just awesome. Last night's show was amazing!

So, yeah, otherwise, I'm 24. I was born and raised in North Carolina and moved up here in February after graduating from college in apparel and fabric design. I live in Brooklyn, work in NYC, and I'm generally a fun person always on the lookout for fun live music, art, and general high quality entertainment, whether it be mellow or high energy.

Edited by ncsuemme
more about me

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome:biggrin2:

I was at the gig last night as well so maybe we were right next to each other:naughty: and i'm glad you enjoyed it! And American- even better!

Yes! I love that he has a fan base here, at least big enough to keep him coming over here. I also loved last night when he mentioned "All my buddies tell my New Yorkers are frosty. They've obviously never been to a show like this!" I love showing Mika and artists in similar situations (like Missy Higgins, a folk/pop artist that's HUGE in Australia) that kind of love.

Yes! I love that he has a fan base here, at least big enough to keep him coming over here. I also loved last night when he mentioned "All my buddies tell my New Yorkers are frosty. They've obviously never been to a show like this!" I love showing Mika and artists in similar situations (like Missy Higgins, a folk/pop artist that's HUGE in Australia) that kind of love.

Exactly-he cares SO much about his fans and what they think, while keeping his personality. Really how many artists let their crazy fans on stage with them?! :naughty: And at the Meet and Greet, he looks directly in your eyes, like you are the only thing that really matters, not the other people, or the fact that it's raining, he's sick and it's 1 in the morning:naughty: what an incredible man, and it means so much more after meeting him!

Welcome! After that NYC gig, resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. :naughty:

I love that there were quite a few gig virgins at that show. It was an amazing, amazing way to be introduced to live Mika Magic.

Have fun on MFC! We're a rowdy bunch, but for the most part we play nice. :teehee:

Welcome! After that NYC gig, resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. :naughty:

I love that there were quite a few gig virgins at that show. It was an amazing, amazing way to be introduced to live Mika Magic.

Have fun on MFC! We're a rowdy bunch, but for the most part we play nice. :teehee:

Hey, even if you don't play nice, I still play. :)

I knew a Mika gig would be magical, simply from the "Life in Cartoon Motion" album. But I was simply, overwhelmingly blown away.

And, like, when I said to him (at the Meet and Greet) "That was the best concert I've ever been to, period," he smiled and I could tell he truly appreciated me saying that. That, as a fan and someone with a huge appreciation for musical talent and live performance, made me feel so good!

Hi NYC Newbie!

Welcome to the MFC! I'm French and really love this concept of an international fan club!

Happy you could attend such a small-by-its-size but huge-by-Mika' s-performance gig. Stadium gigs are great but 50,000 people comparing to 1,600 ( 2 paris gigs), being close to the stage are uncomparable.

Hi NYC Newbie!

Welcome to the MFC! I'm French and really love this concept of an international fan club!

Happy you could attend such a small-by-its-size but huge-by-Mika' s-performance gig. Stadium gigs are great but 50,000 people comparing to 1,600 ( 2 paris gigs), being close to the stage are uncomparable.

Oh yes! Being close was amazing. This was like 300 (maybe 500?) people, I'm not even sure. While I will definitely go to a larger Mika show whenever he comes back to NY, but this was a crazy experience.