How about the video for "We are Golden"?

B!anka

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as the set is supposed to be as small as a room, the details are a HUUUGE thing apart from the protagonist. They're the spices of a movie/video.

Evrything in that room has to share that vibe of freedom and excitement even if it's a closed space, you know.:wink2:

Just watch an ordinary movie and you'll see that nice, happy moments of it take place during day time and crimes/fights, take place either at night or in really dark places. It is the job of the Art Director to make the scenes fit with the sets, in order to give that scary/enjoyable feeling of a movie. :biggrin2: If you've seen "Benjamin Button", there is the colors scheme that remains on your retina after you leave the cinema: all those shades of beige makes the movie look oldish in what time-placing is concerned. "Slumdog Millionaire" all those vibrant colors of India. Latika's yellow scarf/dress pointed out that she was a free-minded girl stuck in the circumstances of her hard living. All those inclined shots also gave the movie that certain motion that makes unforgettable an Oscar-worthy. "Star trek" mainly white with highlights of red, blue, yellow, that give tthat certain feeling of the raw future image. the horror movies "Saw" are all set in this horrible places very dark that make you want to get away as soon as possible. I'll shut up now! :lol3:

No, don’t ever shut up, it’s interesting!:roftl:

As an ordinary movie watcher you don’t really notice the things you described, they just contribute to the general mood in the film.

But I guess that’s the way it should be!

I have seen some movies where they have in a way turned the whole vibe thing around. In the movie Spider, one of scariest scenes was when someone were going to put their shoe on and there was a spider. Doesn’t sound so scary bit it was!:roftl:

Steven King is a master of putting frightening things in a perfectly every-day environment in his books but even his films, if they have good directors does the same thing, I love them!:thumb_yello:

No, don’t ever shut up, it’s interesting!:roftl:

As an ordinary movie watcher you don’t really notice the things you described, they just contribute to the general mood in the film.

But I guess that’s the way it should be!

I have seen some movies where they have in a way turned the whole vibe thing around. In the movie Spider, one of scariest scenes was when someone were going to put their shoe on and there was a spider. Doesn’t sound so scary bit it was!:roftl:

Steven King is a master of putting frightening things in a perfectly every-day environment in his books but even his films, if they have good directors does the same thing, I love them!:thumb_yello:

Yes of course there are this inverted moments aswell. That's where the genius of the director comes in and makes his mark. That's THE ART of making movies. But until I get to learn about that art, I need to understand perfectly the ordinary details and aspect of these kind of blockbusters that are seen by everybody. The fascinating thing about these movies is that the director has to be cautious with the fact that overexagerrating with some scenes might damage the popularity of the movie to the general public. That's what Hollywood does.Whereas the independent movie-makers know exactly for who they make that movie, their interest is not to be liked by EVERYBODY but by critics and film-lovers, and these directors don't normally go to Hollywood, but make it big on their own, in their own different countries, without having the average Joe knowing about them.:biggrin2:

The music videos are a totally different area that waits to be discovred by me but I can imagine what is it all about. Same thing probably. Imagine a situation around the support (the song) and put the singer (of course it doesn't have to be the singer himself in the video) in that story to imagine the song as good as possible. It's pretty challenging because there are so many songs and videos, and sometimes you can stumble into the idea of repeating a video that was made years ago, or make it a tacky uninteresting video...SEEN LOTS OF THEM. It's pretty strange to make a short fabulous movie in just 5 minutes. probably the best directors went on and directed GOOD videos (like Akerlund and Muller) because it's even harder than make a 2 hours movie where you have plenty of time to expose your idea with no restrictions.

You know I have taken a break last week from Mika and looked on youtube for some directing tips and filmming techniques and ways to shot, angles etc. Now, I developed a new obsession, I cannot follow the action in a movie anymore, as I pay a lot more attention to these shots, angles and try to figure them all out and see the transitions between frames and so on. I LOVE IT! :teehee:

Edited by B!anka

Bianca you really have your heart in this, haven't you?:wub2:

For many years I've been following a Swedish author/natural scientist, Jan Lindblad, tragically enough he past away a few year ago, he had diabetes and of course it was difficult for him to take care of himself when he was in the jungle for weeks, waiting for the right animal to show an be caught by his camera!

He was well known in Sweden and you remind me of him in the way that he actually was able to let his biggest interest in life also become his way of earning his living!

I think that would be a dream for many people but very few can make it come true.

And about the music videos, next time I see a video that is really hard to get a grip on what in the world the filmmaker was thinking, I'll come to you!:roftl:

Bianca you really have your heart in this, haven't you?:wub2: :

I think I do...Last year I stopped and thought: what do I love most? What could I possibly do in life that would never get me bored. I knew I've always been a movies fan. I mean...I LOVE MOVIES. Getting to make them myself would be even better. :mf_lustslow:

For many years I've been following a Swedish author/natural scientist, Jan Lindblad, tragically enough he past away a few year ago, he had diabetes and of course it was difficult for him to take care of himself when he was in the jungle for weeks, waiting for the right animal to show an be caught by his camera!

He was well known in Sweden and you remind me of him in the way that he actually was able to let his biggest interest in life also become his way of earning his living!

I think that would be a dream for many people but very few can make it come true.

And about the music videos, next time I see a video that is really hard to get a grip on what in the world the filmmaker was thinking, I'll come to you!:roftl:

All I know is that my future career is what matters most to me! I can't wait to get there! And so far most of my dreams came true (one example in my siggie :teehee: ) and I really believe I can to this too!

Yeah, yeah, do that, please! :roftl:

I'm a bit ticked off that they are going to edit the video. They should have a uncut version for the fan on mikasounds. :teehee:

I don't really know what you mean by "they're going to edit", but I know what Mika means about "editing". They have pieces of shootings, takes, that JonasAkerlund & co. has to put them in an order to make it visually logic and nice. :biggrin2:

I'm a bit ticked off that they are going to edit the video. They should have a uncut version for the fan on mikasounds. :teehee:

I remeber CazGirl's scripts, where there are pictures of him in his underware taken, and the manager says something like we can edit it if you want, and Mika is like 'nothing wrong with my size, thank you' and the manager like 'reduce it, not make it bigger'.

That was just floating trough my head. :teehee:

I remeber CazGirl's scripts, where there are pictures of him in his underware taken, and the manager says something like we can edit it if you want, and Mika is like 'nothing wrong with my size, thank you' and the manager like 'reduce it, not make it bigger'.

That was just floating trough my head. :teehee:

:teehee: i bet thats where Mika got his insparation

You know I have taken a break last week from Mika and looked on youtube for some directing tips and filmming techniques and ways to shot, angles etc. Now, I developed a new obsession, I cannot follow the action in a movie anymore, as I pay a lot more attention to these shots, angles and try to figure them all out and see the transitions between frames and so on. I LOVE IT! :teehee:

That happened to me when I was in film class :naughty:

Ah wow, I've been send to the naughty corner. :fangurl:

So we can see that me+getting up early+loads of coffee is not a good idea. :mf_rosetinted:

Oh, + Mika getting comfortable in his underwear

:lmao:

I think I've lost all my sanity, if I read what I wrote. I never did that, an alien took over my mind. :mf_rosetinted:

:lmao:

You are so funny!

I just googled Jonas Akerlund and I found this:

http://www.spikytv.com/images//021209-1428-downloadthe1.png

I actually thought it was Mika the first time I looked :naughty:

Omg he's killed Mika!:shocked:

You know he's Swedish, right? :wink2: Jonas Åkerlund