How about the video for "We are Golden"?

B!anka

I remember, I did that about a year ago with HMDYLM. I put some crappy mp3 from the concert on my mp3 player, put my headphones on, and I was listening to it over and over again. I didn't come up with any amazing idea, but I could at least feel the spirit of the song, I could imagine Mika sitting and watching the sunset (I was at the seaside at the time :roftl:), singing the song.

I'm doing it all the time :naughty: And It actually worked with Katty Perry's "Waking up in Vegas". It was exactly how I wanted it to be :biggrin2: (Well, not the all things, but there was alot the same :naughty: )

It's really hard to imagine the video when you haven't heard the song yet :aah:

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely imagine:

Mika in a neon-colored hoodie, with a giant bling-bling golden necklace with a big M or something :naughty: Or maybe he has the gospel choir all made just like in the James Bond movie... the old one.. er.. Goldfinger :biggrin2: Maybe that would be a bit literate :teehee: Or maybe it's going to be like the "The World's Greatest" by R. Kelly I saw at music lesson a few weeks ago. Sounds like a don't give up-message in the song, so...

I'm going to think of it now. It's time to let that creative part of my brain be used again, after it almost died in this test week (not a single creative subject :boxed:)

I see him as a messiah, splitting an ocean in two. He's totally golden and he slowly walks through the path cleared by the ocean. Out of the water MFCers appear and they join him in his slowmotion walk while singing: When you're young and you want some...

Oh yeah I can see this happening:mf_rosetinted:

I see him as a messiah, splitting an ocean in two. He's totally golden and he slowly walks through the path cleared by the ocean. Out of the water MFCers appear and they join him in his slowmotion walk while singing: When you're young and you want some...

Oh yeah I can see this happening:mf_rosetinted:

:roftl: That would be so awsome!! :aah:

We Are Golden is going to be my favorite I think, and I haven't even heard it yet!:roftl:

I imagined the vid will follow the lives of a few kids who are doing, er, questionable things:naughty: with mika occasionally joining them . . .

it sounds kinda silly now but, that's what popped into mind first . . . :blush-anim-cl:

So! Now we at least now who directed the video: Jonas Akerlund!

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18982

I have to say I really love some of his vids! Sober by pink is amazing imo, ray of light by madonna (and loads more by madonna!), paparazzi by lady gaga, a few for U2 and roxette! Wow! I really can't wait! :boing:

http://www.raf.se/index.asp?director=02jonas_akerlund

Edited by Droopsy

I have to say I really love some of his vids! Sober by pink is amazing imo, ray of light by madonna (and loads more by madonna!), paparazzi by lady gaga, a few for U2 and roxette! Wow! I really can't wait! :boing:

I AM SPEECHLESS!!!!! I Can't wait!!!! :aah:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

Yup, that pretty much sums up what I'm thinking too!!:aah:

Yup, that pretty much sums up what I'm thinking too!!:aah:

I have re-seen some of this guy's work and I tried to find out what they all have in common: he puts a lot of emphasis on the artist himself, making him/her the main character. I mean: he makes it the real center of attention...is all about the singer. And the paralel stories going on are well put along.

Amazing! I bet we'lll have a Mikaful video! Probably like LoveToday...:wub2:

DO I make any sense?

Ask me if I don;t I may find a way to.

Edited by B!anka

Yes I understand what you mean with the focus on the artist :thumb_yello:

I really really don't have f'ing clue how this vid is going to look like, certainly with this director... :shocked: Why couldn't they have described it just a little bit in the article?? :teehee:

I do wonder where we're going to see it for the first time? On mikasounds? Online somewhere? Tv??? Gosh, I hope someone will be able to record it the first time :aah:

yayyyyyyyyyy

when i saw that the video has already been made i started screaming to my sis: mikaaa!!! new video comingg! OMG OMGGG :boing: <---- just like that :naughty:

:roftl: :roftl: :shocked:

A video?:shocked:

With the risk to seem totally ignorant...what video? Where?:blink:

And then I would like to take the opportunity to point out that Jonas Åkerlund is from my home town!:biggrin2:

I doubt he have his studio here though, I don't know:wink2:

A video?:shocked:

With the risk to seem totally ignorant...what video? Where?:blink:

And then I would like to take the opportunity to point out that Jonas Åkerlund is from my home town!:biggrin2:

I doubt he have his studio here though, I don't know:wink2:

There's no video online yet, but it was mentioned in an article, so we know that he's already made one :wink2:

I think it would be cool if his video was him just taking off his clothes, but it would be never ending, if that makes sense...(finds video) and finally by the chorus he'd end up in a gold outfit.

Sort of like the "T-shirts" video on this website:

http://www.abovetheinfluence.com/the-ads/

:lol3:

Minus the big part :teehee:

There's no video online yet, but it was mentioned in an article, so we know that he's already made one :wink2:

I think it would be cool if his video was him just taking off his clothes, but it would be never ending, if that makes sense...(finds video) and finally by the chorus he'd end up in a gold outfit.

Sort of like the "T-shirts" video on this website:

http://www.abovetheinfluence.com/the-ads/

:lol3:

Minus the big part :teehee:

Thanks!

Now I can breath again!:biggrin2:

Good idea about the T-shirt vid!:wink2:

MIKA t officially announced it!!!:mf_lustslow:

We Are Golden the video is being in production. . . . . . and he's naked. or, partially. . . . :naughty:

I bet he's naked, and covered in gold and dancing in the sun . . . .

YAY

:woot_jump:

He will be a living statue. Painted gold. He will stand there, in a street, and then.. A little girl walks by. She gives him money, and he starts dancing and singing. People will gather in the street, to hear him sing and watch him dance. Everyone thinks he's a god, who came down from heaven, or an angel, who lost his wings. The way he sings and dances and glows in the light of the rising sun, bewitches everyone. In the end, everything and everyone will slowly turn golden, and then the people who gathered around him to hear him sing, will turn to the rising sun, together with Mika, and they will all look up to the sky, amazed by the beauty of the sun, the sun who finaly glows with all his power. The sun glows with a golden scent, and everyone will shine and sparkle, touched by the soft sunlight.

Edited by Shikutukumimika

He will be a living statue. Painted gold. He will stand there, in a street, and then.. A little girl walks by. She gives him money, and he starts dancing and singing. People will gather in the street, to hear him sing and watch him dance. Everyone thinks he's a god, who came down from heaven, or an angel, who lost his wings. The way he sings and dances and glows in the light of the rising sun, bewitches everyone. In the end, everything and everyone will slowly turn golden, and then the people who gathered around him to hear him sing, will turn to the rising sun, together with Mika, and they will all look up to the sky, amazed by the beauty of the sun, the sun who finaly glows with all his power. The sun glows with a golden scent, and everyone will shine and sparkle, touched by the soft sunlight.

That's a very good view of it!!!:thumb_yello: